NFFC Satellite League Results

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Originally posted by da bears:
Manning at 6 is crazy :confused: He made up for it by taking Marion Barber in the 2nd... :eek:

He was a very nice guy and had been up all night - he became a grandpa for the first time the night before.

Wayne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...UltimateCheat - who would you have taken instead of Boldin in that #1 slot there?...SNAKE Good question. Maybe since I had such a big perceived advantage with LT, I might have gone Lynch/Brady or Lynch/Norwood?

I'm not saying it's a terrible pick by any means. Just not what I'd prefer. This is just for conversation purposes.

By the way Senor Snake, your recent post have not only been informative, but also level-headed.

I can feel the sincerity to help the board in each and every post.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Peace and Harmony brotha, peace and harmony...

See you in Tampa! :cool:

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Fitz and Bolden (Great Value 3rd) through 6th round, and no other WR to this point? Week 8 will be a scary one for this team. Would've liked to have seen what team went with rounds 7 and 8 to improve WR situation. I would've taken Heinz Ward.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:25 am

Weeks 6,7, and 8 are very rough on BYE weeks. Those that consider this into their draft strategy will be ahead of the game.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:03 am

I think at times I have paid too much attention to bye weeks. Don't you still have to take the best player available? If you take a player that is one or two spots down on your board 3 or 4 times to try to get the bye weeks perfect, aren't you giving up points anyway?

You can strategically try to avoid some bye week problems, but when it comes down to it, I am taking the best player.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:14 am

Originally posted by BigMO:
I think at times I have paid too much attention to bye weeks. Don't you still have to take the best player available? If you take a player that is one or two spots down on your board 3 or 4 times to try to get the bye weeks perfect, aren't you giving up points anyway?

You can strategically try to avoid some bye week problems, but when it comes down to it, I am taking the best player. 'Points is points'

I couldn't agree more MO!

Now that head to head is less important in determining the league winner, I don't even pay attention to byes with my RB's and WR's.

I'll gladly take 1 bad week instead of having 'chinks in my armor' for 4 or 5.

Now taking 2 WR's from the same team not named Harrison and Wayne is a different story!