Rule Changes

Coltsfan

Rule Changes

Post by Coltsfan » Mon May 10, 2010 10:01 am

Greg,

I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss this or not but I was thinking about a couple of situations that hopefully won't be could possibly occur and I wasn't sure where it was addressed.

1. What happens in the event of a strike or holdout? We have some early leagues that may started before we know about a player strike or lockout. How is this handled?

2. Also, what if there is a software malfunction for waivers? Should there be a standard procedure for addressing this?

3. Lastly, what if there is an internet problem Sunday morning 15 minutes before the games start? Is there something set in stone as to how this situation will be handled?

As far as all of the rest I really don't care as long as it's clear. There is no right or wrong - it's only a game. If I know the rules going in then I can draft accordingly.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Rule Changes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss this or not but I was thinking about a couple of situations that hopefully won't be could possibly occur and I wasn't sure where it was addressed.

1. What happens in the event of a strike or holdout? We have some early leagues that may started before we know about a player strike or lockout. How is this handled?

2. Also, what if there is a software malfunction for waivers? Should there be a standard procedure for addressing this?

3. Lastly, what if there is an internet problem Sunday morning 15 minutes before the games start? Is there something set in stone as to how this situation will be handled?

As far as all of the rest I really don't care as long as it's clear. There is no right or wrong - it's only a game. If I know the rules going in then I can draft accordingly.

Wayne I'm not sure how to answer these hypothetical questions Wayne. But I'll try!! ;)

1. The strike or lockout is happening next off-season, not this year. I'm not sure how any of us secure hotel contracts for next year with so much uncertainty in the air about 2011. We held an industry trade conference in March and everyone from Tony Dorsett to video game companies seemed to insinuate that a lockout is very, very possible. The fact the owners get TV revenue next year whether the games are played or not is the hammer on the NFLPA. But they won't bend over that.

2. Well, we had a software malfunction for waivers in baseball. We re-ran the waivers and made sure everyone got the players they were supposed to get. That's what you have to do, right? I think our FAAB engine is very solid now and in fact winning bids are announced within 6 to 7 minutes each Sunday night for the NFBC and we have 180+ leagues in the NFBC.

3. I can't speculate there. Lineups would be locked before the games, obviously. What else can you do? But hopefully these worst case scenarios won't happen to us or any other game.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

eliasond

Rule Changes

Post by eliasond » Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm

I was not an Eddie Royal owner last year but I still think he should have got 12 pts for his 2 TD effort last year.

One factor in the "fake field goal or punt" scoring rule is that the NFL does not officially credit stats to a "special teams unit" until there has physically been a change of possession. So a fake field goal is technically an offensive play in the eyes of the NFL. This is why most of the high profile fantasy leagues award the points off such a play to the offensive players (including rushing and receiving yards) and not to the ST/defense.

However, in spite of this, I personally don't like to handle it that way. In the local leagues I run I will go into my league stats in the website and manually give 6 pts to the special teams unit for a fake kick TD, and in addition the individual players involved get 6 pts if they are in anyone's lineup.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion