local league quitters vs NFFC quitters

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:46 am

How about this as an idea. Pay $20 for every win throughout the season. EVERY WIN. It would take $140 per week (in a 14 team league) x 13 weeks.

This would take $1,820 away from other league winnings but that $ would be dispersed to the winningest teams anyway. I think that $20 is still an incentive to start your best lineup !

thoughts ?
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 am

Ok Todd "Cupcake Eater" Ullman, see ya in the play-offs somewhere (I plan on it being our Main League play-offs, but ya never know)...you're having a great year, good luck the rest of the way!

"More cupcakes please" -Young Todd
@RedRyder

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:19 am

NICE. I'm not sure if that was any kind of dig or not. Makes me hungry though. I'm going to lunch !
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

Originally posted by Riverdog:
NICE. I'm not sure if that was any kind of dig or not. Makes me hungry though. I'm going to lunch ! No dig, just my sense of humor!
@RedRyder

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:02 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:

Announcements wouldn't be a bad idea but everyone playing here I bet knows how giving up can affect their league outcome. The quitters don't care and it is sad. :( I'm proof that "everyone" doesn't know certain things when it comes to the rules/league outcome...ie. I THINK there MIGHT be a prize for best league, but I don't know.

If there were an overall league prize, might be a good point to bring up mid-season to leaguemates, via league MB or league wide e-mail, as a reminder not to quit. Kinda a nice way to call your leaguemate(s) out that might have quit or thought about quitting.
[/QUOTE]Yeah I like the overall league prize idea Jules. I know there isn't one in this contest but I see your point that others may think there is like that in other contests.

I know we have a prize each week for the high scorer in the contest. How about giving a prize each week to the team in each league that gets the high score each week?? Even if your team is out of contention for a league title or playoff birth early you could still get lucky a couple of weeks and win some $$$.

[ November 10, 2008, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller