Players who appear to be busts that you were high on this year

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Panthers' run defense is putrid. Ingram's not a bad option in Week 5 at all for what it's worth. If he can't run through the Panthers, Ingram might be lost this year as a fantasy contributor. There were gigantic holes at times in the Bears game yesterday and their OL isn't even that good.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:17 am

I'm not comfortable with absolute statements because so many crazy things happen in the NFL. But I agree this is a matchup Ingram needs to take advantage of.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 am

Mendenhall and Manningham for me.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 am

OH and how can I forget.

Austin Collie. Without Peyton he is useless. Still hanging on to him in hopes of something happening.

And how did Gronkowski manage only 1 catch yesterday? This guy has been my savior!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 am

Ingram, Manningham and Mike Williams were the players that were going to make a difference on my teams this year and they have done just that.

I need Williams + 2.6 to hold off Reggie Wayne tonight and I am not feeling too good about the prospects even with the "Artist" taking snaps in Indy.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:17 am

I liked all STEELERS but did not take them too high,their oline is a total messssss.
Too early to call anyone a bust if they have the chance to play and prove themselves by or in the playoff weeks.JMO
But guys i overdrafted and who havent given me many points yet include Ingram(i left sprioles on my bench in faver of him the first 3 weeks in a few leagues as well,injury to insult)
Amendola,who may come to the rescue soon,any ram,really,as i liked the team and none of them put up consistently good numbers through 4 weeks.
And going in the other direction,i avoided Mcfadden in all of my leagues(had many oppurtunities to take him in good slots as well)and he is a hammer this year,doing eveerything i thought he was too soft to do,m bad.
Even still,none of the above moves have killed my teams,i also have Jimmy Graham alot,Rodgers in a couple of the big ones,so it evens out for me anyay.
BTW,Lou loved Jimmy Graham,and his coaching tree article yearly is one of the best out there for geeks like me,helps alot.
There is more to a pay FF site than just boom and bust predictions,and i personnally like to see the whole body of work,then make my own decisions anyway.
It aint Lous ar anyones fault if i have a crappy team,its on me.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Rothlisberger 2 leagues and Cam on my bench except for his one shitty game.
Gates i took him in a td pool with my 4th pick.

Mendenhall i wasnt touching,last year with a much better line he avg 3.9 yards a carry.How many stud running backs have a avg that low and he doesnt catch passes.I believe his backup Redman who avg 4.8 yards a carry last year is just as talented and could give you those short td's that Mendenhall gets.
I was also suprised how high Lew had Mendenhall but he also had McFadden higher than anybody.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
I liked all STEELERS but did not take them too high,their oline is a total messssss.
Too early to call anyone a bust if they have the chance to play and prove themselves by or in the playoff weeks.JMO
But guys i overdrafted and who havent given me many points yet include Ingram(i left sprioles on my bench in faver of him the first 3 weeks in a few leagues as well,injury to insult)
Amendola,who may come to the rescue soon,any ram,really,as i liked the team and none of them put up consistently good numbers through 4 weeks.
And going in the other direction,i avoided Mcfadden in all of my leagues(had many oppurtunities to take him in good slots as well)and he is a hammer this year,doing eveerything i thought he was too soft to do,m bad.
Even still,none of the above moves have killed my teams,i also have Jimmy Graham alot,Rodgers in a couple of the big ones,so it evens out for me anyay.
BTW,Lou loved Jimmy Graham,and his coaching tree article yearly is one of the best out there for geeks like me,helps alot.
There is more to a pay FF site than just boom and bust predictions,and i personnally like to see the whole body of work,then make my own decisions anyway.
It aint Lous ar anyones fault if i have a crappy team,its on me. This is a great post Tom.

Lou is taking a beating with his rankings, and I didn't agree with many of them this year, but EVERYONE can have one of those seasons where nothing you do works/projections were off, etc.

I give him credit for taking the players he likes, as that is enough to probably make this season a tough one......no need to pile on and ask for refunds.

In the end, we all have to make the picks that WE want (not what someone else tells us). I see SO MANY people (myself included) either love or hate their team on draft day, and the team turns out to be the complete opposite of what they thought.

So, I guess what I am saying is forget everyone else's projections, use your own, and who gives a rip what people think of your team. In the end, you are the one who is going to have to live with it (for better or worse! ;)

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Originally posted by Renman:

I actually have respect for industry experts who also PLAY In high stakes events and put their money where their mouth is. That's a good take Renman! These guys who go out there and sell their opinions but don't play in HSFF leagues crack me up!

I met Lou last year in Vegas. We were in a couple of different leagues together. Nice guy very knowledgable. After one league we were talking and sharing our strategies with each other, knowing full well we had a draft later that day.

My take is if you buy these services because you have absolutely no knowledge or opinions yourself then you should be playing in a home league and using these opinions to help you dominate. If you are playing HSFF then I assume you have your own opinions and knowledge you should use these "expert" opinions as a guide not your Bible.
Pat Sorge

Toscano

Post by Toscano » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Brandon Llyod -(could this week be the start?)
Chris Johnson - I'll never waste a first round pick on a rb again.
Gates - knew he was injury prone but the devil on my shoulder made me take him waaay too early.
Vick - Why oh why did I?