U
S

E
Q
U
A
L
SOUND CONCLUSION.

Did you watch Benson run against the Jets? LT didn't run with that lateral movement or burst all season.

You can continue to argue your point all you want, but those of us who watched LT play this season KNOW what we saw. I simply used very pertinent stats to back it up.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:39 am

God,

I watched LT too. I thought his drop in production was more connected to a week 1 injury, a crippled offensive line (that all other RB's on the team struggled behind), and being used poorly and predictably.... MORE than him losing a step or 2 (which he cleary has).

May I have this opinion without being mocked or is that not allowed here?

I think Benson was solid this year. Go check the yards per carry for B. Scott and Larry Johnson behind that same offensive line.

As a matter of fact go check the yards per carry for Larry Johnson when he was a Chief and then compare it to his ypc as a Bengal.

Did Larry Johnson suddenly become a better RB? Did he somehow get younger? Did he suddenly have burst when earlier in the season he did not?

Sorry, numbers do lie.. they lie all the time in the NFL.

[ January 11, 2010, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

GOD Loves You

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 am

word

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am

Does "word" mean you agree that Larry Johnsons sudden productivity level change and "stats" change simply by changing offensive lines and playing circumstance IS EVIDENCE that "stats can lie?"

Because if it is, I suppose we agree.

williamhare

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by williamhare » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 am

I'm a moron for visiting this thread!!

Good visuals there Patrick.

HMan

rkulaski

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by rkulaski » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
God loves you,

-I do think LT is a good RB. I think he is still a serviceable, solid RB in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Due to the fact he was an epic immortal, and has lost a couple steps, typical fans have to characterize him as DONE, or dead, or a bum, or finished, or whatever. I never understood why this is.. but people need to do it. Just like Favre was DONE a couple years ago in the eyes of many.
Typical fans are smarter than you give them credit for. LT is NOT a solid RB right now. Favre was only "done" to the typical fan because he said he was retiring. I think many, including myself, know that he was and still is playing at a level better than the average nfl qb.

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 am

Rkulaski,

The TYPICAL fan has to make dramatic colorful assessments of NFL players, especially the great ones. They MUST be categorized and labeled. TONS of people (including on this forum) said Favre was DONE as an NFL QB and it had nothing to do with him retiring. His on the field skills were regularly judged by people.

Cedrick Benson was deemed a "BUST" a bum, no burst, no vision, no quickness, no balance... Now suddenly he has all of those things. I guess he learned and knew this in college, forgot it somehow for several years while in the NFL and than magically remembered all of those things over the last 2 years.

Stats LIE all the time in the NFL. A players situation and circumstance HUGELY impact his statistical production. I believe LT still has enough juice NOW to be a productive NFL RB NOW. That does not mean he is LT circa 2004. That means he isn't "done" yet in my opinion.

What I am more baffled by is how hostile some get at the notion that I dare have the opinion that LT is still a decent NFL RB. This ongoing debate is perpetuated others as much as by me. People could have read my opinion, disagreed respectfully.. and we agree to disagree. Instead I was knocked for daring to have this opinion and constantly questioned, which resulted in my responding with viewpoints and logic from my perspective. Isn't that what makes sports debates interesting? I am not the one coming up with clip art to mock the person I am having a friendly sports debate with.

For some unknown reason people get pissy about things like this and I never understand why.

[ January 12, 2010, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

GOD Loves You

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 am

Here, I'll provide you with some more images.....Favre can thank this guy for his return to being a good NFL QB.

And I'll provide one for you to use, instead of constantly replying to every post and stating the same thing over and over and over.......just use this, it will make many happy!

Instead of having some fun, I'll be brutally honest with you, I think you have no idea what you are talking about and actually think you are the typical fan. If LT didn't score TD's, you wouldn't have any ground to claim you were right. The stats are lying in your favor, yet you don't see it. Anyone who's watched football the past 5 years can tell you LT isn't even remotely close to being a good NFL RB.

Honestly, did you see how many times he basically fell down attempting to go through the hole???? And like I told you before, I'm typing this as a fan, I have 3 of his jersey's hanging in my closet right now, so you would think I, of all people, would be sticking up for him....but I cannot debate the side that isn't true.

Ted's Cracked Head

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 am

I see LT as a 7th or 8th rounder next year for a fantasy player that selects the Chargers starter, whoever that is going to be.

He is not done but he is not a starter on most teams right now.

If LT was the LT of old, the Chargers would be a lock to get to the SB.

Sorry Ren.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

King of Queens

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:01 am

Remember when Shaun Alexander came back and played for the Redskins in 2008?

4 games
11 attempts
24 yards
1 reception
9 yards
0 TDs

That's LaDainian Tomlinson in 2010.