2007 NFFC Plans

mikeybok

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by mikeybok » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:09 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

1. NFFC Content Panel. I promise to pick a group of 14-28 owners who are willing to talk about football year 'round and will use their input on rankings and other content online and in our Fantasy Sports Magazine. Don't volunteer for that job just yet Originally posted by Renman:

Greg,

1- I think the NFFC content panel is a good idea for obvious reasons and nothing else needs to be said about that. I am more than happy to be part of an active message board during the offseason. Nicely done!
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by mikeybok » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:11 am

Originally posted by FISHER:

3) I wouldn't mind seeing -2 for an INT especially since PASSING TD's are worth 6 points. A defense gets +2 for INT so why shouldn't the QB (or whomever tosses the TD)
Very good idea ... it helps offset QB junk yards.
Hakuna Matata!

da bears

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by da bears » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:12 am

Changes sound good Greg. See ya in vegas in 2007 :D
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:12 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I guarantee that the NFFC will grow more than 25% in 2007. And that's coming from our grand champion!! I love it.

If we grow by 25% next year, the top prize will definitely be rewarded. I'm working on a plan that will make our growth much more than that, but it will take some doing to make it happen. Just keep the suggestions coming and we'll try to get it all done. Event committees, increased grand prizes, increased league prizes, I listen to them all. Now making them work while guaranteeing the grand prize is another thing, but you all know I'll try to get it done. And trust me, I'm trying right now.

Where will our growth come from? I think a little bit from existing players, but the key is to tap into those 12 million fantasy football players who don't know what a great event we have. It's my job to get the word out and let people know we have a great, great event/contest. That's on me during the next nine months and I have to get it done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

lichtman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by lichtman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:17 am

My problem with defensive scoring stems mostly from defensive/special teams TDs. I would love to see these minimized or even eliminated. To me, the less predictable something is, the fewer points it should score. That's why I hate leagues that reward oddball things like safeties with an unusual amount of points.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but what about a win bonus for a defense that allows less than a certain amount of points. A defense that wins 14-7 should definitely score more than one that loses 7-3, right? Maybe? Like the old argument about a pitcher giving up just enough runs to win, even if it is 10-8.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

mikeybok

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by mikeybok » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:24 am

Suggestions.

A player profile where you can click on a name like "Teds Cracked Head" and see that his name is Rob and he won the main event in 2006!

A prize profile by league so we can access the league payouts for the special leagues with one click.

You might consider an online version of the main event for 2007. less overhead and no barriers to entry. You might be able to fill hundreds of leagues. Maybe $250 entry fee, 4200 entries, $250,000 grand prize?
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by kjduke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:27 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by FISHER:

3) I wouldn't mind seeing -2 for an INT especially since PASSING TD's are worth 6 points. A defense gets +2 for INT so why shouldn't the QB (or whomever tosses the TD)
Very good idea ... it helps offset QB junk yards.
[/QUOTE]I like this too Fisher; also should be a -2 for an offensive fumble - he certainly costs his team a lot more than the equivalent of 20 rushing yds/ +2 fantasy pts.

kjduke

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by kjduke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:29 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Suggestions.

A player profile where you can click on a name like "Teds Cracked Head" and see that his name is Rob and he won the main event in 2006!

A prize profile by league so we can access the league payouts for the special leagues with one click.

You might consider an online version of the main event for 2007. less overhead and no barriers to entry. You might be able to fill hundreds of leagues. Maybe $250 entry fee, 4200 entries, $250,000 grand prize? all very good ideas UYT !

kjduke

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by kjduke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
The only safe way to permit images (outside of some kind of intelligent filter) is to process new membership manually.Already suggested, and highly recommended. [/QUOTE]That is one way to go. That manually part is the part that's holding me back! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Would it be possible to have a two-tiered system of membership ... those that have played in a contest have rights to post pics etc, and "guest" accounts do not?

Dr. FI$HER

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Dr. FI$HER » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:42 am

Greg or Tom

Any possibility of applying any winnings towards next years entry? This will guarantee my return to NFFC and my accountant has suggested this to decrease my tax liability.

And also do the guys who win a free entry get W-9?

Thanks in advance.
FI$HER