WR vs RB in Flex

TradeStar28

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:35 pm

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
A 28 RB will be consistant thoughtout the season, and you have more of a chance of sitting a big scoring WR on the bench than a RB. Yeah right....

2003 - William Green suckas all across the nation lineup to take this stoner in the 2nd round of most drafts.

2002 - ATrain owners ger derailed after taking this pile of junk in the 2nd round all across the world (me included).

:mad:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Nag'

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Nag' » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:50 pm

David, I am also not blindly dismissing the RB/RB/RB draft either. But the catch 22 is if a better than expected RB falls to you in the 3rd, that means that the WRs are going off the board that much faster.
Anyway, it will all start to take shape very soon. :cool:

I'm drafting out of the 9-hole Saturday. It will be interesting. The first 2 years have got progressively harder and I expect a tough draft. Good luck to you too.
For Players. By Players.

David Wooderson

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by David Wooderson » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:11 pm

We are in the same boat almost, #8. Im sure that it will be a tough draft as always, and picking that late, its hard to really even set a strategy as you have to wait and see what happens up top. We've currently got 4 different strategies in mind, even with some including WRs!!! :D

Good luck again and we can compare notes from the 8/9 spot after the draft.

dgamblnman

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by dgamblnman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:45 pm

Originally posted by Liquid:
quote:Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
A 28 RB will be consistant thoughtout the season, and you have more of a chance of sitting a big scoring WR on the bench than a RB. Yeah right....

2003 - William Green suckas all across the nation lineup to take this stoner in the 2nd round of most drafts.

2002 - ATrain owners ger derailed after taking this pile of junk in the 2nd round all across the world (me included).

:mad:
[/QUOTE]Liquid, if I recall correctly, A-Train and Green were around 15 RB, I was only talking the lower RBs lol

They were truely busts, and just think, I was pissed when I couldn't grab Green last yeat...

Hell's Coming With Me

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Hell's Coming With Me » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:14 pm

Interesting debate.

We will more than likely be playing a RB at the flex when bye weeks and injuries leave us with 3 starting RBs. Reason.....A receiver can have 0 catches in any given game ( Cowgirls receivers did that several times last year )...a starting RB is not ever going to go a whole game without touching the ball.

QBs - Trent Green & Tommy Maddox

RBs - Clinton Portis, Duce Staley, Thomas Jones
& Troy Hambrick

WRs - Chris Chambers, Larry Fitzgerald,
Peter Warrick, David Terrell
Dennis Northcutt, Lee Evans &
Corey Bradford

TEs - Alge Crumpler & Ben Watson

K - Ryan Longwell

D - Titans & Redskins
Titans vs. Miami week 1
Skins vs. Giants week 2
PEACE

seeferman

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by seeferman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:23 pm

Hey "Hell's Coming with Me", see you in week one as we go H2H.

Brooks, Gannon
Ahman, St. Davis, K. Jones, Emmitt, Alstott
Koren Rob., Keyshawn, McCareins, R. Wayne
J. Witten
Stover, Nedney
Miami, Indy

Hell's Coming With Me

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Hell's Coming With Me » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:52 pm

Hey Seeferman,

Yours is the team we'd like to get out of the way. You drafted well and we've got Trent Green going at Denver in week # 1.....I don't want to start out 0-1, but we'll be glad to get your team off our schedule. May the breaks not be with you in week 1...but have a good rest of the season
PEACE

seeferman

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by seeferman » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:34 am

Yes, good luck to you as well. And may the good Priest score lots of "running" TDs in week one :D

MidasMike

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by MidasMike » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:39 am

It will take but a week or two for this discussion of wr/rb dominance to matasticize. Week #1 We play the chaps whom were on my right #8 , they went rb/rb/rb (James, D.Davis, Martin) Week #2 the good man on my right Appleman #6 pick (Alexander, Brown, S.Jackson 1-2-3). After a few W's , for Fire and Theft the debate will be over! See my first 3 picks were (Moss,Henry,S.Smith) , a different route if you will! And yes our flex player is a so-so reciever (Warrick) , who by the way under this scoring system, equalled last year, and is projected this year to give me the same points as Curtis Martin. Surprising to many whom have touted their RB heavy offenses, NO? Does it make you feel better that my flex player was taken in the 8 th round VS. a 3rd rd pick for that quality RB? I think not. Is it numbers you desire? Warrick (79-819-7td plus 143 rushing)=216 pts, Martin (1308-2td/42-262)=189 pts . Heck we'll throw in 4 td's for C-Mart and call it even! I think the debate is over , at least in my mind. Running back guys , spin this however you want to for now , but in 2 weeks your defense mechanisms will be shut down and you will have to face the cold hard fact: The reciever is more valuable than the RB , in this league! This leaves me with one last question " Am i defensively talking recievers up because it is my strongsuit?" God i hope not!

MidasMike

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by MidasMike » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:43 am

BOOH-YAH-CAH-SHAAH !!!!!