I Hate This Game Sometimes

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Talking about garbage QB's hurting their teams; how can Az. continue to trot out Leinert when its apparent to most that Warner gives them the best chance to win NOW. In the crap division Az. competes, they would actually stand a chance of winning IF they get reasonable QB play. Leinart MAY be the future here but its painful watching him develop. If the O-line gives Warner time he'll pick apart any Defense, given the same opportunity Leinart will still screw it up, with his inability to read defenses and his raggy "Chad Pennington" arm. Riff,

I agree completely! It's one thing to stick with your QB if your backup is Brian Griese but Warner can still light it up. What did he have yesterday - 250 yards and 2 TD's in a little over a quarter? Can you imagine what that would do to Fitzgerald and Boldin's value if Warner was the QB? I took Warner is a couple of DC leagues just for upside and never thought he would actually figure into my scores this year but he sure did yesterday.

To take this a step further, how long do you let these "developing" continue to bring your team down? Who else would be on this list?

1. Grossman
2. Leinart
3. Smith
4. Losman

If you have a good team and can win now why not get an average veteran QB that gives you a better shot at winning? I can understand Buffalo since they are bad regardless, but the others could all contend for a title with better QB play.

Wayne

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:44 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
Talking about garbage QB's hurting their teams; how can Az. continue to trot out Leinert when its apparent to most that Warner gives them the best chance to win NOW. In the crap division Az. competes, they would actually stand a chance of winning IF they get reasonable QB play. Leinart MAY be the future here but its painful watching him develop. If the O-line gives Warner time he'll pick apart any Defense, given the same opportunity Leinart will still screw it up, with his inability to read defenses and his raggy "Chad Pennington" arm. Riff,

I agree completely! It's one thing to stick with your QB if your backup is Brian Griese but Warner can still light it up. What did he have yesterday - 250 yards and 2 TD's in a little over a quarter? Can you imagine what that would do to Fitzgerald and Boldin's value if Warner was the QB? I took Warner is a couple of DC leagues just for upside and never thought he would actually figure into my scores this year but he sure did yesterday.

To take this a step further, how long do you let these "developing" continue to bring your team down? Who else would be on this list?

1. Grossman
2. Leinart
3. Smith
4. Losman

If you have a good team and can win now why not get an average veteran QB that gives you a better shot at winning? I can understand Buffalo since they are bad regardless, but the others could all contend for a title with better QB play.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Wayne, the one name you left off is the guy tom has been ragging on...T Jackson. He's even worse than Leinart.
I agree with your perspective on Warner, given the opportunity he would be a top 10 FF QB and would make both Fitz and Boldin top 10 WR's.
I'm in over 20 leagues between here and Fantasy jungle and a couple private leagues; and I don't have Leinart on any of my teams. And because of him I only have Fitz on one team and Boldin on one. So, for fantasy football purposes I do hope they continue to trot out that stiff but as an Az. fan I firmly believe they should turn it over to Warner, but don't believe they will.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:55 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
No question but the Vikings have a standout running game and a standout run defense. Give that team a decent QB - just a decent one - and they could contend in the NFC. If they weren't so weak at QB they could be 3-0 right now. GREAT POINTS TOM. QUICK QUESTION FOR THOUGH. DO YOU THINK EVEN IF THEY HAD A GOOD QB WOULD TROY WILLIAMSON, BOBBY WADE, ROBERT FERGUSON, AND SIDNEY RICE BE ABLE TO STEP UP AND MAKE THINGS HAPPEN? I KNOW THAT HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE OF THE HORRIBLE QB PLAY BUT WOULD THE JUST BE A MEDIOCRE AS THE ATL AND JAX RECEIVING CORE?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:59 am

Those WRs are awful. That may be the worst receiving corps in the league. The Jags are close. The Titans aren't far behind those two teams.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:00 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
No one has mentioned Reggie Brown. 2 passes thrown his way. And while Curtis is running freely after over 10 catches, 200 yards, and 3 TD's, the lame lions never did figure they might want to not single cover that guy. Mostly it's the coaches in the league that frustrate us with their 3rd grade level game plans that my 5 year old can figure out...

O.K. that's enough for this rant..... I hope the rant made you feel better ;)

BUT....Reggie Brown was one of the most overrated WR heading into this season....IMO...and besides next game he could have the majority of the receptions and Curtis have only a couple - McNabb has never been consistent with his receivers.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:11 am

Those WRs are awful. That may be the worst receiving corps in the league. The Jags are close. The Titans aren't far behind those two teams. SO I GUESS WHAT WE HAVE TO ASK OURSELEVES IS CAN THE QB MAKE THE RECEIVERS BETTER OR CAN THE RECEIVERS MAKE THE Q.B. BETTER? TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM WARNER BUT HE DID HAVE GREAT TARGETS IN BOLDIN AND FITZ TO THROW TO YESTERDAY. NOW IF WARNER WAS ON THE VIKINGS COULD HE HAD THE SAME SUCCESS?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:13 am

It starts at QB. If you have even a decent QB it can offset weaknesses at WR. Leftwich had garbage in Jacksonville and he's had some respectable moments there. That's one example.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 am

It starts at QB. If you have even a decent QB it can offset weaknesses at WR. Leftwich had garbage in Jacksonville and he's had some respectable moments there. That's one example. I THINK THOSE MOMENTS WERE FEW ARE FAR BETWEEN. ALSO I THINK HIS BETTER MOMENTS WERE WHEN JIMMY SMITH WAS THERE. WHO I THINK IS ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED RECEIVERS OF ALL TIME. TO ME ONLY BRETT FAVRE HAS OFFSET BAD RECEIVERS WITH RESPECTABLE MOMENTS.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:26 am

I think Matt Schaub has that ability as well. He was extremely impressive yesterday given how he was down to me, Greg and Gekko at WR late in the game.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:32 am

YEP HE IS ONE I AGREE WITH THAT 100%