texasducks69

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by texasducks69 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Third WR this week MSW vs GB or Harry Douglas vs CAR

particra

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by particra » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:47 pm

FFPC Flex: Need 1:

Percy Harvin, Laurent Robinson, Jonathan Stewart, Delone Carter?

I'm leaning Robinson only because I simply can't trust Harvin on Sunday night with no other options available if he gets a migraine or his ribs hurt or whatever.

Am I stupid?

wayne123

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by wayne123 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Trying to pick a WR to start...have to take one, but all seem like bad news this week:

1. R. Wayne...does not do well with CIN secondary...even with Manning.
2. D. Henderson...not getting many chances with Colston back...plus sore leg.
3. J. Jones (Hou)...playing the Ravens, but coach says his lack of production is not his fault (so what in fantasy...heck, so what in reality to!).

OK...so which of the three should I start? Is hoping to break 10 points in this position this week unrealistic?

Thanks!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

mattjb

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by mattjb » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:37 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Trying to pick a WR to start...have to take one, but all seem like bad news this week:

3. J. Jones (Hou)...playing the Ravens, but coach says his lack of production is not his fault (so what in fantasy...heck, so what in reality to!).

OK...so which of the three should I start? Is hoping to break 10 points in this position this week unrealistic?

Thanks! you start wayne. you're over thinking it.

Shrink Attack

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 am

Here's a classic situation: Stud talent in very bad situation vs. less-talented player in better situation.

I have Brandon Marshall in two leagues. Henne is out. Matt Moore has had two weeks to prepare, but who knows if he has any chemistry with Marshall. The Dolphins go up against the Jets Monday night. The Jets:

1) Who desperately need a win
2) Who have been excellent against the pass
4) Who will put Revis island on Marshall
3) Who get to tee off on Matt Moore's first NFL start in two years
5) Who will focus on shutting Marshall down on national TV after his recent comments in the media.

In one league, I have Kevin Walter who did well last week and will be WR #1 in this offense with AJ out. But match-up with the Ravens is tough.

In the other league I have Fred Davis who has been quiet lately but the match-up vs. Eagles is a dream and Cooley is limited. Big upside here.

I'm leaning towards benching Marshall in both leagues. Am I over-thinking this? This might be another "never bench your studs" hard lesson if I'm not careful.

ETA: Steve Smith (Car) last year is a good example of how a stud WR can be crushed in a bad situation...including Matt Moore at QB! :eek:

[ October 15, 2011, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:30 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Here's a classic situation: Stud talent in very bad situation vs. less-talented player in better situation.

I have Brandon Marshall in two leagues. Henne is out. Matt Moore has had two weeks to prepare, but who knows if he has any chemistry with Marshall. The Dolphins go up against the Jets Monday night. The Jets:

1) Who desperately need a win
2) Who have been excellent against the pass
4) Who will put Revis island on Marshall
3) Who get to tee off on Matt Moore's first NFL start in two years
5) Who will focus on shutting Marshall down on national TV after his recent comments in the media.

In one league, I have Kevin Walter who did well last week and will be WR #1 in this offense with AJ out. But match-up with the Ravens is tough.

In the other league I have Fred Davis who has been quiet lately but the match-up vs. Eagles is a dream and Cooley is limited. Big upside here.

I'm leaning towards benching Marshall in both leagues. Am I over-thinking this? This might be another "never bench your studs" hard lesson if I'm not careful.

ETA: Steve Smith (Car) last year is a good example of how a stud WR can be crushed in a bad situation...including Matt Moore at QB! :eek: Paul,

If I am reading this correctly, I would bench Marshall for Fred Davis, but I don't think Walter will do much, and hope Revis has a brain fart against Marshall and he breaks loose just once.

Good luck!

BillyWaz

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:31 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:

Thanks! you start wayne. you're over thinking it.
[/QUOTE]agreed

BillyWaz

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 am

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
Third WR this week MSW vs GB or Harry Douglas vs CAR That is a tough one, John.

I have ZERO faith in MSW right now (and have him all over the place), but maybe they worked something out over the break? I am a little worried Pettis may be more involved.

You know St.Louis will have to throw, and Atlanta might just run a lot with Julio out.

I might give MSW a try just one more week....if he sucks.....cut him!!

Diesel

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by Diesel » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:50 am

Bluefoot: Wayne. You drafted him at a spot that you have no chice but to start him and ride him out. He is still Reggie Wayne.

Shrink, With Cooley really banged up, I would say Fred Davis is the play here. Brandon Marshall isn't what he had some of us thinking he was.

John, MSW = Drew Bennett. A flash in the pan. He came to a place where he's had the best opportunity he'll ever see to produce and he's stagnant. BUT, here's what I'm thinking...He's got to score 3-5 TD's on the year even if he does suck as bad as I'm saying he sucks. This is really just a mojo opinion, but I think this is the week he pulls one in, in the endzone

[ October 15, 2011, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Shrink Attack

Start / Sit Week 6

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:10 am

Originally posted by Diesel:

Shrink, With Cooley really banged up, I would say Fred Davis is the play here. Brandon Marshall isn't what he had some of us thinking he was.

Agreed.

But what do you think about Kevin Walter over Marshall?

I'm really concerned that Matt Moore vs. Jets in NY on a Monday night will absolutely collapse for 180 yards, no TD's, 3 picks, a fumble, and 5 sacks. He'll probably be dumping the ball to Reggie Bush and Devone Bess all night.

At least Walter has Schaub.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven