Changes To NFFC Draft Room & DraftPractice.com

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Tom,
I think what Rob is saying is that when you click on sort by and select "name" the order comes up in alpha order by first name not last name which is the most common sort. A.J. Feeley is the first name that appears on the list instead of Ainge, Eric for example.
So if you forget Aromashadu's first name is Eric you will be able to find it faster. I tried the draftpractice.com site & thought it was fine, but the sort by name being 1st name is ridiculuous. This post here is a perfect example , as Aromashadu's name is not Eric, but Devin . Afterall we don't see the 1st names on the jerseys :confused: , and with hundreds of players to track, trying to find a guy in the late stages of a draft via 1st name is a great recipe for frustration. It was me vs. 11 computers in the mock, btw, which seems to be rather popular. Hopefully the nffc mocks can begin to generate some traffic over the next few weeks.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:03 am

Without reading through this whole thread, has the ad taking up space halfway through the page been removed from the draft site?

I just jumped in the mock draft room, and saw it was still there, and you still had to toggle between the draft summary and player pool.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 am

Billy,

I have never heard them once say that they were removing that ad. What they have said is that you can pop out the draft chart and size it to cover up the ad. I'm guessing it's there to stay.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Without reading through this whole thread, has the ad taking up space halfway through the page been removed from the draft site?

I just jumped in the mock draft room, and saw it was still there, and you still had to toggle between the draft summary and player pool. No, it's still there. But you now have a link under the Live Chat box to pop out the Live Chat in its own window and size it anywhere you want. I know where I put it so that it's active the whole time, allowing me have all 14 previous picks just show up in the Live Chat area.

You also have a link under the Live Chat for Draft Board. Pop that out, resize it below the Player List and you'll see every pick flow in as color-coded positions with names. It's the perfect way to watch the draft picks flow in. It's a great, great tool. So is the Draft Summary and I like that a lot, but yes you still have to toggle between that and the Player List.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 am

Is the SAME ad still on the top and on the margins as well??? :confused:

Sideline Sage

Post by Sideline Sage » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 pm

I am also runnibg IE8 and can't re-size the pop up windows. Is this an IE problem? Are you working to fix it?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:19 am

Originally posted by Sideline Sage:
I am also runnibg IE8 and can't re-size the pop up windows. Is this an IE problem? Are you working to fix it? Roger, I thought that issue had been resolved, but I'll definitely get the guys to look at that again ASAP. That Draft Board is very important to that draft room and resizing it is key.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius