I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:52 am

I agree about Engram. I think he's there from Day 1. And if he's there I think he's in line for another big season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:53 am

It's still only June, but so far all I've seen from Delhomme is a poor Chad Pennington impersonation. Pop flys into the flat will generally be going the other way for 6. Assuming Jake will be 100% is very risky. If he is, it would be hard to argue that he isn't a better value than Hasselbeck (big if).

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:54 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I AGREE THERE HASSELBECK IS THE MORE HEALTHY OPTION BUT IF THEY BOTH PLAY 16 GAMES AND WHERE I COULD DRAFT DELHOMME VERSUS HASSELBECK I WOULD DRAFT DELHOMME EVERYTIME.

ESPECIALLY WITH THE FACT HE IS THROWING TO STEVE SMITH EVERY WEEK.

I SEE THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD THING TO HAVE. There is another problem with that Ormond - if you go to a draft with that strategy, planning on Delhomme as your QB starter and wait til round X to take him, IF someone else in your league drafts him first, you are going to have a huge letdown - And have to go to an ugly Plan B

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:56 am

Tom, what do you make of the SF situation. Who will be the QB and who is going to benefit the most from the Martz offense? Bruce? Battle? B Johnson? Hill? V Davis? Or is Gore the only thing there worth having?

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:58 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
O.K. SOUNDS FAIR ENOUGH. WE WILL REMEMBER THIS THREAD. I JUST HAVE HIM AS ONE OF MY BUST THIS YEAR AND JUST WOULDN'T WANT HIM ON MY TEAM.

PERSONALLY ESPECIALLY FROM A VALUE STANDPOINT I'D RATHER HAVE JAKE DELHOMME OVER HIM. Ormond - sorry I don't get the Delhomme comp - he will be drafted at a point where he would be a QB2 or part of a QBBC.

....and Hass doesn't have any health issues. BTW I don't think there is any chance that Engram won't be there from game 1 and 100% ready.
[/QUOTE]HERE IS THE COMPARISON PERRY:

TOM STATED THAT HE FEELS HASSELBECK WILL GET 3850 AND 25 TD'S.

IF STEVE SMITH AND DELHOMME STAY HEALTHY FOR 16 GAMES SMITH WILL FLOOR AT 12 TD'S ALMOST HALF OF HASSLEBECK TOTAL.

SO NOW BETWEEN HACKETT, MOOSE, AND OTHER PLAYERS I FEEL THEY WILL MUSTER THE OTHER 13.

THEREFORE I'D RATHER PICK HIM IN LATER ROUNDS VERSUS DRAFTING HASSELBECK AS MY NUMBER 1.

[ June 18, 2008, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:59 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Tom, what do you make of the SF situation. Who will be the QB and who is going to benefit the most from the Martz offense? Bruce? Battle? B Johnson? Hill? V Davis? Or is Gore the only thing there worth having? I think Smith will be the starter but I don't think he's very good. Gore is the only one there I'm high on. In an NFFC league Davis becomes viable if you want to wait on the TE position. I think Bruce and Johnson will help the WR corps but I don't think either one is anything more than a spot starter.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:00 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I AGREE THERE HASSELBECK IS THE MORE HEALTHY OPTION BUT IF THEY BOTH PLAY 16 GAMES AND WHERE I COULD DRAFT DELHOMME VERSUS HASSELBECK I WOULD DRAFT DELHOMME EVERYTIME.

ESPECIALLY WITH THE FACT HE IS THROWING TO STEVE SMITH EVERY WEEK.

I SEE THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD THING TO HAVE. There is another problem with that Ormond - if you go to a draft with that strategy, planning on Delhomme as your QB starter and wait til round X to take him, IF someone else in your league drafts him first, you are going to have a huge letdown - And have to go to an ugly Plan B
[/QUOTE]I AM NOT SAYING I WOULD WAIT A LONG TIME TO DRAFT DELHOMME BUT RELATIVE TO WHERE HASSELBECK IS BEING DRAFTED I FEEL YOU ARE GETTING A BETTER VALUE WITH HIM VERSUS DRAFTING HASSELBECK EARLIER.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:03 am

Who do you believe will have more value this year as B Jacobs backup...Ward or Bradshaw?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:04 am

What about in Philly...who has more value..Buckhalter or Booker?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Who do you believe will have more value this year as B Jacobs backup...Ward or Bradshaw? Bradshaw. He brings an explosive element to the offense that Ward does not. I think the Giants have to get him more involved and I think they'd be smart to use him similar to how the Jags use Jones-Drew.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich