Observations

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:18 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
The wonderful thing about Dyv is that he's the only one who would publically call people morons because they had a draft strategy different from the masses. Nice job Dyv. Somehow, I'm not surprised. Hey Nag (or anyone)

Is this just 'whinnying' around or are you serious?

I call a lot of people morons - but that's only because there are a lot of morons in the world and I don't mind pointing them out.

If you feel strongly that they have the right to take whomever they want then kudos to you and your very politically correct wonderful happy-go-lucky Barney world that you enjoy. I'm a little too focused on reality and their, um, 'gambit' struck me as stupid. I hope when they struggle to compete in the league they realize their mistake and do better next year. I don't disagree with their right to make stupid picks as long as you (oh gracious defender of politically correct) permit me to also have freedom to have an opinion.

If, on the other hand, you don't see this as being politically correct... let's toss down some greenbacks on them winning their league? I'll give you $50 for every $20 you bet me that NEITHER of them wins their league.

Your choice, horse-face ;)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:20 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I have an observation for you, Dyv. Our LBS vs. World rosters still aren't on the website yet so instead of harassing the poor uninformed players how about harassing STATS to get our stuff loaded up. :D I have emailed the rosters in - let me endeavor to poke harder

Dave

Nag'

Observations

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:59 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
I call a lot of people morons - but that's only because there are a lot of morons in the world and I don't mind pointing them out.Do you really? I would bet you do it a lot less in person. Interenet's a great safe haven for people like you.
For Players. By Players.

Jersey Dawg

Observations

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:27 pm

I don't care what anyone says, but Ted was given a huge gift not only with pick 1, but also with picks 2 and 3. I did both the regular draft yesterday and the Ultimate today. C-Mart was GONE before team 3 got to pick in round 2 in both leagues. Not only was C-Mart gone before team 3 could pick yesterday or today, but so was every other top 20 ranked RB. Now, ask me if Harrison was there in either draft for 3.03.... Uh, no....

Come on; barring injuries that team has a head start none of us can compete with and I have not even looked at the rest of his team.

Good for you Ted. You took advantage of it. Cudos and best of luck.

Greg.... send the photographers over and start taking head shots now. Gordon's picture can be removed and replaced with Teds for 2005.

Pete.

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
I call a lot of people morons - but that's only because there are a lot of morons in the world and I don't mind pointing them out.Do you really? I would bet you do it a lot less in person. Interenet's a great safe haven for people like you. [/QUOTE]I do it a lot - in person and rarely on the internet.

You would bet on this but not interested in supporting the 'fools gambit' with cash, huh? What a brave stance you've taken - all whimper and no action, eh?

I figured you'd chicken out - the equivalent of agreeing with me.

Thank you - I knew you couldn't be that stupid. Devil's advocate is fun at times, etc. but my gosh you have to agree...

Dyv

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
I don't care what anyone says, but Ted was given a huge gift not only with pick 1, but also with picks 2 and 3. I did both the regular draft yesterday and the Ultimate today. C-Mart was GONE before team 3 got to pick in round 2 in both leagues. Not only was C-Mart gone before team 3 could pick yesterday or today, but so was every other top 20 ranked RB. Now, ask me if Harrison was there in either draft for 3.03.... Uh, no....

Come on; barring injuries that team has a head start none of us can compete with and I have not even looked at the rest of his team.

Good for you Ted. You took advantage of it. Cudos and best of luck.

Greg.... send the photographers over and start taking head shots now. Gordon's picture can be removed and replaced with Teds for 2005.

Pete. Agreed, Pete - Ted did exactly what he was supposed to do! Fact is he did a lot with his pick. I've seen the rest of his team and he's going to be tough. Injuries level all, etc. - but I have to admit he got a better team out of the #3 hole than I did

Dyv

Captain Hook

Observations

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:56 pm

This is a humorous thread for me...let's go back to Saturday when I first encountered the draft board for this mixed location league. I saw that Manning and Culpepper were the first two picks - while I personally believe that neither should be taken until late in the first round or better early in the second round, I realize that in most leagues someone would take Manning in the first round in almost all NFFC leagues.

The odds that the person drafting number 2 would also be drunk on QB Kool-Aid are far less likely than Manning slipping to the second round where he belongs. So I naturally had to review the Team 3 on this board. VERY strong, obviously being able to add a better 2nd round pick to their roster than all the other LT owners. I told several people there that this was a draft day favorite. Of course there are lots of things that can change for a team - we will have to see what actually happens on the field.

I stopped by this thread tonight because I saw my friend Pete had posted and decided to check it out, not knowing which morons Dyv was discussing and was about to add my story about this draft board I saw in Vegas - fortunately I decided to go back and read the first two pages and laughed like heck when I saw the thread referring to the same draft discussion. Fortunately the "lucky" Team 3 is a competitor I am proud to call a fantasy friend. So Rob, I hope this luck of the draw team takes you all the way to second place - hey I have to root for the boys of "McNair & A Prayer" to win this thing.

Nag'

Observations

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:05 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
You would bet on this but not interested in supporting the 'fools gambit' with cash, huh? What a brave stance you've taken - all whimper and no action, eh?

Thank you - I knew you couldn't be that stupid. Devil's advocate is fun at times, etc. but my gosh you have to agree...

Dyv I don't know exactly where you saw me praise the Peyton or Culpepper teams thus I don't see where exactly I'm "chickening out". But since we're on the subject, let's see now. The true odds of either of two teams winning the division is 7 to 1. Your wager "offer" is 2.5 to 1 :eek: . And since you see both teams as completely inept at any contention for the league title, you should have little risk in raising the odds to at least 8 to 1, and more like 10 to 1 to get some action. It's not like either team has a chance, right? Or are you chickening out?
For Players. By Players.

David Wooderson

Observations

Post by David Wooderson » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:16 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Now this is funny. Let's wait a while and see how team management skills come into play.

To quote Lou Brown, "calm down, we've got 16 more of these games to play."

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:01 am

quote:Originally posted by Dyv:

Dyv I don't know exactly where you saw me praise the Peyton or Culpepper teams thus I don't see where exactly I'm "chickening out". But since we're on the subject, let's see now. The true odds of either of two teams winning the division is 7 to 1. Your wager "offer" is 2.5 to 1 :eek: . And since you see both teams as completely inept at any contention for the league title, you should have little risk in raising the odds to at least 8 to 1, and more like 10 to 1 to get some action. It's not like either team has a chance, right? Or are you chickening out?
[/QUOTE]Oh, I'm definitely not chickening out. You have championed their cause to the point where I now believe them to be brilliant moves by savvy veteran fantasy gamers.

How about I offer you 9 to 1 odds that neither wins their league for a simple $100 commitment from you. I'll stand the $900. If you wish to increase it simply offer.

Dyv