My Week 6 Vibes

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:51 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet) Jones has caught nearly everything thrown to him this season and he's made big plays on every reception. I'm not trying to say he's playing great - he isn't - but he is doing very well as a receiver and I'm surprised the Cowboys aren't utilizing him more in that role.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:56 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet) Jones has caught nearly everything thrown to him this season and he's made big plays on every reception. I'm not trying to say he's playing great - he isn't - but he is doing very well as a receiver and I'm surprised the Cowboys aren't utilizing him more in that role. [/QUOTE]Yep on at least 3 different times Romo looked right at Him, only to throw it to someone else or that run that He fumbled on. I don't get it either?

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:03 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet) Jones has caught nearly everything thrown to him this season and he's made big plays on every reception. I'm not trying to say he's playing great - he isn't - but he is doing very well as a receiver and I'm surprised the Cowboys aren't utilizing him more in that role. [/QUOTE]Yep on at least 3 different times Romo looked right at Him, only to throw it to someone else or that run that He fumbled on. I don't get it either?
[/QUOTE]It really is bizarre. He's your starting RB and if he's not getting going in the running game - and he really hasn't in most of the games - why not get him out in space where he can take advantage of his speed and explosiveness? Again, it's hard to be critical of a 5-0 team that's putting up a ton of points. They clearly don't need to use Jones more as a receiver. But given how good he has been the few times they've thrown to him this season one would think they'd use him more. They actually started the season by using him a little more in the passing game but they've gone away from that lately. And if he isn't catching 2-3 passes a game, Jones isn't even a RB3 in PPR leagues. He's pretty much unstartable right now unless you're absolutely stuck due to injuries, byes or both.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

FIGHTINGNOLES

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:21 am

I'm glad you brought up the Leonard/LJ thing Tom, since you took a lot of "heat" from some members here last week about sitting your "stud" (and I use the term loosely this year in regards to the RBs)...Had it not been for LJs 60 garbage yds. on the last second SD drive the Week 4 #'s would have been a lot closer too. I think it is definitely the year to play the matchups with MOST of the RBs (look at SA's AWFUL #'s vs Pitt last week)...

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
I'm glad you brought up the Leonard/LJ thing Tom, since you took a lot of "heat" from some members here last week about sitting your "stud" (and I use the term loosely this year in regards to the RBs)...Had it not been for LJs 60 garbage yds. on the last second SD drive the Week 4 #'s would have been a lot closer too. I think it is definitely the year to play the matchups with MOST of the RBs (look at SA's AWFUL #'s vs Pitt last week)... Agreed. I wrote a column about Steve Smith on our web site and I said at this point in the season it's time to forget who a player may be and where you drafted him. It's all about production. I don't think you should take unnecessary risks but I do think you have to start targeting production ahead of name value. For example, I have Smith ranked below several WRs who went considerably later in drafts this year, including Greg Jennings. Why? Simple. Jennings has been delivering with TDs in each of his past three games whereas Smith has generally been a bum in that same time (he was OK last week).

As good as Smith is, his situation is putrid so I can't rank Smith ahead of players who are currently outperforming him. Now Smith is very tough to sit but if I had strong alternatives (like a Jennings or Berrian or Bowe), I'd give STRONG consideration to going with one of them as opposed to starting Smith and hoping David Carr resembles something other than years old cow dung that's been left out in the desert to rot.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:45 am

Careful TK, according to some on this board, S. Smith can make an average QB look great. They say he can get his regardless of the QB.

I think the quote goes something like..."the studs get theirs regardless". I guess time will tell.

Back to my self-imposed MB timeout. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:50 am

I BEG TO DIFFER ON THAT. DELHOMME LOCKS IN ON S. SMITH. JUST HE DID ON MUSHIN THE YEAR HE HAD THE CAREER YEAR. LIKE DELHOMME SAID ON NFL NETWORK "S. SMITH WORKS HARD SO I THROW HIM THE BALL."

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:52 am

Smith would make an average QB look better. The problem is David Carr is not an average NFL QB. He's considerably less than average. Therein lies the problem with Smith's fantasy potential.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mkrucek

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by mkrucek » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:57 am

Is it a coincedence or did receivers not even on Carolina get worse once Carr started playing?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...