Time to get rid of head to head play

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 am

Originally posted by bill:
Before I came to the NFFC Leagues last year I had been in leagues for about 6 years where head to head records were the only thing that determined who made it to the playoffs. I really like the way the NFFC has incorporated total points into determining many of the playoff spots.

But, my personal preference is for all-play records to matter as much or more than total points and head to head records. Any chance that next year the NFFC could offer a few leagues where all-play records are used to determine some of the playoff spots?? Maybe a satellite league where there are 4 playoff spots. One playoff spot for H-to-H, one for total points and 2 spots for all-play records.

Could we also have a couple satellite leagues where all the playoff spots are determined by all-play records??

I completely understand why head to head is important to have in almost all the leagues. But, why not just a few satellite leagues that incorporate all-play into the playoff positions?? Anything is possible and if we can incorporate the software to add a few of these satellite leagues, we will. Let's readdress this later this summer.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Originally posted by bill:
Before I came to the NFFC Leagues last year I had been in leagues for about 6 years where head to head records were the only thing that determined who made it to the playoffs. I really like the way the NFFC has incorporated total points into determining many of the playoff spots.

But, my personal preference is for all-play records to matter as much or more than total points and head to head records. Any chance that next year the NFFC could offer a few leagues where all-play records are used to determine some of the playoff spots?? Maybe a satellite league where there are 4 playoff spots. One playoff spot for H-to-H, one for total points and 2 spots for all-play records.

Could we also have a couple satellite leagues where all the playoff spots are determined by all-play records??

I completely understand why head to head is important to have in almost all the leagues. But, why not just a few satellite leagues that incorporate all-play into the playoff positions?? Could you explain what all-play is?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it means, "Each week, every team plays against every other team." So in a 14-team league, you could win up to 13 games per week.

Is that right?

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Correct. You can actually see your all play record under your league Standings if you click on Breakdown.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Cool! We're 90-40 in Classic and 63-47 in Primetime. :D

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:53 pm

90-40 is awesome Sandman. A little bit better than my 66-64.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 am

Originally posted by FF Addict:
Correct. You can actually see your all play record under your league Standings if you click on Breakdown. Last year I went through every league and looked at the All Play records vs. h2h and I believe there was only one league where the h2h champion would have been displaced by the All Play format with another team. The All Play records are there for all to see, so if you see a big discrepency in your league don't be afraid to point it out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:41 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FF Addict:
Correct. You can actually see your all play record under your league Standings if you click on Breakdown. Last year I went through every league and looked at the All Play records vs. h2h and I believe there was only one league where the h2h champion would have been displaced by the All Play format with another team. The All Play records are there for all to see, so if you see a big discrepency in your league don't be afraid to point it out. [/QUOTE]I'm 4-6 in head-to-head in the main, and in all-play I'm 82-48. THAT is a big discrepancy. The guy with the best allplay record also does not have the best head-to-head record.

Edit - I also have about 100 more points against me than the next closest team.

[ November 18, 2009, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FF Addict:
Correct. You can actually see your all play record under your league Standings if you click on Breakdown. Last year I went through every league and looked at the All Play records vs. h2h and I believe there was only one league where the h2h champion would have been displaced by the All Play format with another team. The All Play records are there for all to see, so if you see a big discrepency in your league don't be afraid to point it out. [/QUOTE]I'm 4-6 in head-to-head in the main, and in all-play I'm 82-48. THAT is a big discrepancy. The guy with the best allplay record also does not have the best head-to-head record.

Edit - I also have about 100 more points against me than the next closest team.
[/QUOTE]That's insane ,im sure youve given up the most points.You have to be the only 4 and 6 team in the nffc who has over 1.300 points.Still you can make the playoff's if you keep the points going.
good luck.

[ November 18, 2009, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Eddiejag ]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:59 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by FF Addict:
[qb] Correct. You can actually see your all play record under your league Standings if you click on Breakdown. Last year I went through every league and looked at the All Play records vs. h2h and I believe there was only one league where the h2h champion would have been displaced by the All Play format with another team. The All Play records are there for all to see, so if you see a big discrepency in your league don't be afraid to point it out.
[/QUOTE]I'm 4-6 in head-to-head in the main, and in all-play I'm 82-48. THAT is a big discrepancy. The guy with the best allplay record also does not have the best head-to-head record.

[ November 18, 2009, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Eddiejag ]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!