WOW! The new magazine looks great!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

I believe mine arrived due to advertising in the mag.

I wasn't trying to let the cat out of the bag, just excited to be a part of such a nice production. Received my copy of the mag today. Thanks Greg.
Russ, saw your ad on page 35. Didn't know you were doing it in conjunction with fantasy guru. Heck, he even let you be in the picture.
[/QUOTE]Russ, a snake works better ;)
[/QUOTE]My understanding is that photos of any reptiles will not make it to the mag?! ;)

[ June 10, 2008, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Speaking of the mag, I love how my $44 bid for Brady is in PRINT...I'll take any of the exposure I can. I have to get used to it. When I win the first NBC Main Event, I'm practicing my "humbled" look for my picture.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
love the mag,great job guys.
I was also intrested because of the threads here a while ago that mentioned the new advertizers touting their startup highstakes league.I googled their 2 websites and google said they dont exist.What am i missing here?
Nice picture of Jack Haan(my favorite bald lawyer) :D .
Nice cover,and the combo,NFFC,NBC ad on the inside cover is first rate.
Time for me to read some content,great job guys,Tom. I didn't actually check out those competing sites. They're not active? Interesting.

Now, imagine your picture on the cover of next year's mag wearing that Steelers' jersey, wearing the shades and holding onto the $100,000 check -- or both of them!!! You'll look MUCH better than Jack Haan!! :D
[/QUOTE]--------------------------------------
If one of those was ads was for FFOC I saw ad for it with CDM HQ Address at a link from fanball..so I asked CDM if they could tell me anything here's CDM response

-----------
"06/10 16:10:28 CDMMAN td
Seen The Light: CDM/Fanball has been selected to operate and provide customer service for the Fantasy Football Open Championship (FFOC). We are very excited about this fantasy football competition and the opportunity to be a part of it. We encourage all interested customers to register your email address at the website (****://www.fantasyfootballopenchampionship.com). Watch the website for official updates about the competition as they are released within the upcoming few weeks. Thank you."
-----------------------------------

I hesitated to post here and would understand if Greg wants to delete it if it's considered advertising for a competitor...but at just #125 it isn't really a High Stakes entry fee and I thought NFFC/NBCers may be interested in an additional contest on top of NFFC/NBC at that price if it really turns out to have the kind of prizes they are touting.

[ June 10, 2008, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Fast Whip ]
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:44 am

Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
love the mag,great job guys.
I was also intrested because of the threads here a while ago that mentioned the new advertizers touting their startup highstakes league.I googled their 2 websites and google said they dont exist.What am i missing here?
Nice picture of Jack Haan(my favorite bald lawyer) :D .
Nice cover,and the combo,NFFC,NBC ad on the inside cover is first rate.
Time for me to read some content,great job guys,Tom. I didn't actually check out those competing sites. They're not active? Interesting.

Now, imagine your picture on the cover of next year's mag wearing that Steelers' jersey, wearing the shades and holding onto the $100,000 check -- or both of them!!! You'll look MUCH better than Jack Haan!! :D
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]Sorry, I missed this yesterday. As most of you know, this contest was advertised in our first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine with two pages and at the time the site wasn't live. But I have talked to the guys at Fanball.com and in the last week or so they have reached an agreement with these owners to be involved in this event. I don't know exactly what the relationship is between the two companies, but I do know there is a lot of financial backing behind this venture and that Fanball and FUN will provide good promotional support to their base of customers.

The numbers are HUGE to pull this off, so I wish them good luck. I don't know anything else about the game format or the prizes or anything else, but I do believe the $125 entry fee is correct. I'll watch this one too because it's proving to be a very competitive fantasy football games season.

The consumer is king this year, that's for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

LFW

Post by LFW » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:11 pm

For those interested....and for just $125 I would think that should be quite a few. There is beginning to be enough information out on this contest to start to form opinions on it. Some interesting twists to it.

****://www.fantasyfootballopenchampionship.com ... quicklinks
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Sounds good. Only one problem. There's no www.ffoc.com.

The web address is for sale, for just under $5,000 though...I guess fanball is still under negotiations for the web address?

[ June 14, 2008, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

eddietheking

Post by eddietheking » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 pm

I managed to get to it through my fanball fantasy basketball team site , there's an attachment on the front page and I was able to save the site separately. try again is all I can suggest, at first there was only a signup list page, now there are rules and prize lists, etc.