Chicago League 5 - pick 5

steve123

Post by steve123 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Will work on getting a different name. Don't want my guy Steve to end up sounding smarter than he actually is...

Excellent pickup of DeAngelo. I don't necessarily believe in the handcuff theory because it's nice to have starters from all around the league instead of owning 1B to a 1A, but in this case it is very important. If Foster shows any sign of not being 100% before the game, the carries will be shifted over to DeAngelo. Owning CAR D/ST is important too, because DeAngelo told me he will be the primary KR.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:03 pm

Originally posted by sranaghan:
I have Deangelo Williams as my backup and Mike anderson also...I dont think jamal will last 4 weeks....and if foster goes down I have deangelo williams....anderson is really the key to my team unfortunately....but vernon davis is not really a 10-18 pick...has a lot of upside and is a red zone option for sure.... and shayne graham and the mia def were picked 10-18...where would you think they would be picked? Okay, so you took DeAngelo before the break, too. That makes some sense. The rest of your listed players were taken in today's Ultimate Draft as follows:

D.Givens 11th round
M.Anderson 10th round
C.Wilson 9th round
V.Davis 11th round

In my main event league they went like this:

D.Givens 10th round
M.Anderson 8th round
C.Wilson 10th round
V.Davis 10th round

So should we assume that you took three of the above players as your 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th rounders with DeAngelo being the other one? If so, you probably overpaid. By that I mean, you could have gotten these players that you obviously liked later in the draft, and gotten BETTER players to replace the ones that you actually drafted in the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Here's my main event squad (with round taken in parentheses):

QB
M.Vick (9)
J.Plummer (11)

RB
R.Brown (1)
C.Taylor (2)
C.Benson (6)
M.Turner (10)
V.Haynes (13)
M.Robinson (15)

WR
R.Williams (3)
A.Johnson (4)
A.Bryant (7)
E.Wilford (8)
B.Engram (12)
B.Berrian (18)

TE
T.Heap (5)
A.Smith (16)

DEF
Indianapolis (14)

K
N.Kaeding (17)

Fire away!

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:19 pm

RB Steven Jackson, STL
RB Kevin Jones, DET
RB Frank Gore, SFNo doubt a strong trio of RBs that will get their touches each and every week. To me, the 3 stud RB route is tough to beat when considering the strength of starting a 3rd monster RB at the flex. Granted, you've gotta' make the right picks with your WRs in the mid-to-later rounds, but I feel it's a risk worth taking. Believe me when I tell you that I will be starting all 3 of my horses come Week 1-
Edgerrin
Portis
Tomás Jones
If Portis stays healthy, there could be problems and situations for the other vatos in Vegas League 4.....problems and situations.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:28 pm

KOQ...looking at your RB's I see some holes...they are thinking about scrapping the Cedric Benson project in chicago altogether...chester taylor also has looked real shaky in preseason and there are many backs in the offense who have proved they could take some carries....I assume you got him in the 3rd or 4th round? I dont see Chester Taylor as a clear cut way better choice than deshaun foster...Turner, Haynes and MRobinson??? will not play at all for you...so you have lots of questions at rb if you ask me......Also, Vick in the 9th round is a real reach if you look at it....Also, the word in indy is their defense has looked real bad....a lot of their own fans have been really talking about it quite openly...Andre Johnson I think is a real stretch for you to have to rely on too and Moulds will be taking away some balls in that offense...Bryant has some upside...I think you have some questions at qb too with vick...did you take him after the 12th round? I would hope so...some days when heap has bad production and plummer isnt producing your team is going to have some issues....but with a team like that I think its funny how people like you critique...nobody really knows until the season is played....you know what I mean? I would think you would..

steve123

Post by steve123 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:31 pm

I think Portis will be able to hold up for the length of the season. The injury is probably just played up as being worse than it is, mostly by Portis, so he never has to play in the preseason again. I worry about Thomas Jones, as if Benson somehow finds a way to crack the lineup, his value decreases considerably.

What I like about our three RBs is the fact that each is the unquestioned starting RB, goal line RB, and 3rd down RB. I worry like hell about Gore and his knees, however I feel he was there not because of injury concerns, but because draft rankings could accurately bump his value once Barlow was traded.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:33 pm

Agreed, sranaghan, every team is going to need some breaks. I didn't mean to single your team out as being shaky -- it just didn't seem to fit the profile of how other teams were built.

Good luck with DeAngelo Williams, as I have him in the Ultimate League. If/when Foster breaks down, look out!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Originally posted by Back to School:
I feel [Gore] was there not because of injury concerns, but because draft rankings could accurately bump his value once Barlow was traded. Very good point. I had him as a late second/early 3rd round pick, and he went much later than that in most leagues. ADP probably had something to do with that.

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Yep...good luck to you too man......thanks...I think Deangelo could be a real sleeper too...it seems like the rookies with a little less hype can kind of sneak up on the leauge a little easier...