Post by Diesel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:15 am

I'm guessing you don't like my squad so far Rich? lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Pay League Results: Very Interesting

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:23 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Glenn, come on man! I'm counting on the Addai bashing to get him to the 6th round for me. He's already made it to the 5th in a DC.

Mum's the word. :D Alright, I'll be quiet about Addai. I just can't take anymore of Tom's incessant bashing of the poor guy. :(

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 am

Glenn, I think Addai's great.

For a RB7.

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:07 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Glenn, I think Addai's great.

For a RB7.

:D See? That's just wrong.

WRONG!!!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 am

Originally posted by Diesel Inc.:
I'll chime in here and post my results from one of these $50 Slow Drafts...

I went what I call the BONSAI route, by not drafting a RB until round 5, and then 7...

Here's my team so far...

Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
T.J. Houshmanzadeh
Tony Gonzalez
Lendale White
Donnie Avery
Jamal Lewis Marc, this team makes a compelling argument for you to stay with Auctions. :D J/K
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 am

interesting stuff here...looking forward to joining this group and am now in my very first NFFC league ever. I like most of the rules not not 3rr at all as I really think the days of the need for it is gone. All it does imo is give the advantage that used to be for the 1,2.3 picks to the 14.13.12 etc. now... just to many RBs to be had in the middle and even late middles rounds now thanks to RBBC and Wrs are just about as hard to find as far as quality ones..and with just .5 for ppr for RBs it even worse for RB..I dunno but i just don't think 3rr is a very good thing for FF anymore and will be very interested to see if i am right come the the results from this years drafts here. Of the 10 or so drafts I have been in so far this year by far the best results seem to be coming from the late round on slots...and not nearly as good from lower spots. I know this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me all ltter round picks in all my NFFC leagues...14-1 will be my choice every time. The very last thing i would want is an early pick and picks 5.6.7.8 seem like they would be trouble too..and of course i drew pick 7 slot in my first ever draft here... all in all im happy to be here though and do look forward to drafting with you guys and I know you have some very respected players here.

Saying this all i am kinda new to 3rr so i could be off some..how do the majority of owners here feel about 3rr this year? Are you guys all solidly behind it? Does anyone think what I am saying might be on target for this year..i do know this WR are flying off the boards like ive never seen so far in drafts ive been in this year. One last thing..its seems that if TE's would get 1.5 here it would fit in perfectly in this leageu set up... whats the feeling on that around here as well? I am not at all trying to change anything in anyway shape or sorm i am just stating my opinion and trying to find out whats the feelings on these things around here..so please dont kill me about these things...yet...lol..take care all nice to be here!

Don- Azzurri-Beantown in da house!
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 am

Welcome Don!

I prefer the back end of the draft also this year but I would still be happy drafting near the top. When I look at draft spots I do it with the intention of getting certain players in rounds 2 and 3. I kind of like the top spots in DC's because you can get a stud QB at the top of round 4.

I think you have to evaluate 3RR over time as opposed to any single year. In some years it might not matter while in others it will balance out the advantage of going first. Just because there isn't that clear cut huge fantasy stud this year doesn't mean that 3RR is no longer a good thing. I'm definitely in favor of 3RR until it appears to be unbalanced over time. When you look at last years results it was very balanced in regards to where the league winners drafted from. Just my 2 cents.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:24 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Welcome Don!

I prefer the back end of the draft also this year but I would still be happy drafting near the top. When I look at draft spots I do it with the intention of getting certain players in rounds 2 and 3. I kind of like the top spots in DC's because you can get a stud QB at the top of round 4.

I think you have to evaluate 3RR over time as opposed to any single year. In some years it might not matter while in others it will balance out the advantage of going first. Just because there isn't that clear cut huge fantasy stud this year doesn't mean that 3RR is no longer a good thing. I'm definitely in favor of 3RR until it appears to be unbalanced over time. When you look at last years results it was very balanced in regards to where the league winners drafted from. Just my 2 cents.

Wayne Next week I'll go through the NFFC Classic and Primetime final results to show where the top teams all drafted from. I know I did that after Week 13, but I didn't update it for all of the league championship games. I will next week.

However, of the 48 teams who qualified for the NFFC Classic Championship Round last year, 24 came from the 1-7 spots and 24 came from the 8-14 spots. That's the type of balance any game operator would be happy with. Here are the facts:

** Of the 48 teams in the Championship Round, they drafted from the following spots:

No. 1: 2 teams
No. 2: 7 teams
No. 3: 3 teams
No. 4: 4 teams
No. 5: 1 team
No. 6: 2 teams
No. 7: 5 teams
No. 8: 6 teams
No. 9: 0 teams
No. 10: 5 teams
No. 11: 3 teams
No. 12: 2 teams
No. 13: 6 teams
No. 14: 2 teams
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 am

3RR; 6 double z; 8 slant 4; 12 back 6....In the end, regardless of the systemm used, the most prepared players will consistently do the best whether they're drafting from the front, the back or the middle. When the NFFC initially introduced 3RR i didn't care for it; not because I thought it helped the front, the back or the middle, because in the end I do not believe it makes much difference. I didn't like it because it just caused additional preparation from serpentine drafts. Now that i'm into "the flow" of 3RR, for me it's a shrug of the shoulders; 3RR or serpentine, it really doesn't matter.
Although I will say, psychologically, I believe most felt/feel better about 3RR when there were/are a couple DOMINATE RB's. This year that may not be the case.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 am

Originally posted by DT:
interesting stuff here...looking forward to joining this group and am now in my very first NFFC league ever. I like most of the rules not not 3rr at all as I really think the days of the need for it is gone. All it does imo is give the advantage that used to be for the 1,2.3 picks to the 14.13.12 etc. now... just to many RBs to be had in the middle and even late middles rounds now thanks to RBBC and Wrs are just about as hard to find as far as quality ones..and with just .5 for ppr for RBs it even worse for RB..I dunno but i just don't think 3rr is a very good thing for FF anymore and will be very interested to see if i am right come the the results from this years drafts here. Of the 10 or so drafts I have been in so far this year by far the best results seem to be coming from the late round on slots...and not nearly as good from lower spots. I know this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me all ltter round picks in all my NFFC leagues...14-1 will be my choice every time. The very last thing i would want is an early pick and picks 5.6.7.8 seem like they would be trouble too..and of course i drew pick 7 slot in my first ever draft here... all in all im happy to be here though and do look forward to drafting with you guys and I know you have some very respected players here.

Saying this all i am kinda new to 3rr so i could be off some..how do the majority of owners here feel about 3rr this year? Are you guys all solidly behind it? Does anyone think what I am saying might be on target for this year..i do know this WR are flying off the boards like ive never seen so far in drafts ive been in this year. One last thing..its seems that if TE's would get 1.5 here it would fit in perfectly in this leageu set up... whats the feeling on that around here as well? I am not at all trying to change anything in anyway shape or sorm i am just stating my opinion and trying to find out whats the feelings on these things around here..so please dont kill me about these things...yet...lol..take care all nice to be here!

Don- Azzurri-Beantown in da house! Donny,
I would suggest trying this out for the time being and judge it after the season.You might have a much firmer grip on your own opinion of it after actually experiencing playing in it for a year.
Having said that,i agree with you about not being fond of the middle area of the draft,and with KDS you have a better chance of opting out of that area if you dont like it.
These NFFC folks are fun,and so is the scoring here,and its challenging.The BIG difference in the game here,is that its 14 teams(classic format)and you have some say in where you draft from.Thats not a bad thing.
And finally,look at what Greg just posted above,looks like playoff teams came from all over the board last year,pretty even in the end.