Hurricane IKE

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:03 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Nice crystal ball guys.... "well,uh it never happened before".
See definition of "contingency". Panic button? Its Friday and the hurricane has hit shore. wtf?
Shovel sand, insert head.
HMan83 Pretty much
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 am

No team has ever played Thursday then again on Sunday. Ever.
HMan83 only a one day difference from Thanksgiving week.

So NFL, make Wednesday the deadline.

Asking to have decisions made before all the facts are in is never the way to go. It's too bad you broke your shovel whacking the panic button.

Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:26 am

Ya got it all figured, yet not an idea has been presented. Again, my idea was just to alert NFFC
players that they may want to cover themselves because.... ah f*eck it! your mind is off on finding illustrations to amuse. Head in the sand is actually a decent idea during a 'cane anyway---- can't blame you.
HMan83

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am

Ya got it all figured, yet not an idea has been presented. Again, my idea was just to alert NFFC
players that they may want to cover themselves because.... ah f*eck it! your mind is off on finding illustrations to amuse. Head in the sand is actually a decent idea during a 'cane anyway---- can't blame you.
HMan83 I am having fun, but have run 50+ leagues for over 20 years now.

I've been there, done this. Many times. The game will be played before Week 3 starts.

You don't scare the masses with what if's. You react to concrete info.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Sound Advice

Hurricane IKE

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am

If we warned for that, soon we'd have to warn about drafting guys like Stover and Heap.

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:50 am

As idiot Billick says "a 95-98% chance you are right". I simply offered the contest a remedy to future headaches if the 2 percenter prevails.

With contingencies you rarely need a P Button.
I know this from running zero leagues over the past 25 years..... now I have to go regulate those masses that are streaming thru the streets of this Atlanta'burb. McGahee owners are inconsolable about the possibilities surrounding their team "anchor"(again not bad to have during a 'cane).
HMan83

wayne123

Hurricane IKE

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
..so are there any FF contingency plans being discussed here in the wake of the expected and upcoming Ike barrage?...SNAKE Don't put yourself in a position that requires u to start a texan or raven. Although somehwhat unlikely, u could be getting a zippo this week. [/QUOTE]Spoken like a chump without any Ravens or Texans on their team. Obviously, the points would need to count when the game was "made-up". That is how the NFL manages its stats and would expect our stats to count the same.

For the record...I don't have A. Johnson (WR).

Cheers!
[/QUOTE]Whoa big boy! I do have a raven on my team. Please refrain from calling other people "chumps". It's bad for the message board and relects badly on you.

Double cheers!
[/QUOTE]I was being kind. If what you have suggested took place and the NFL stats were ignored in this league due to somebody's righteous indignation (read YOU), then the rules would certainly need to be challenged. If the NFL counts the stats as "week 2" then they must count as "week 2 for the NFFC". Now, if the NFL deems that they will count for a different week, then they should count for that same week in the NFFC. That IS the contingency that everyone should prepare for...other solutions are a bit absurd when you really think about it. Oh yeah....forgot who I was dealing with here.

Bah Jove Dear Chap!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
I was being kind. If what you have suggested took place and the NFL stats were ignored in this league due to somebody's righteous indignation (read YOU), then the rules would certainly need to be challenged. If the NFL counts the stats as "week 2" then they must count as "week 2 for the NFFC". Now, if the NFL deems that they will count for a different week, then they should count for that same week in the NFFC. That IS the contingency that everyone should prepare for...other solutions are a bit absurd when you really think about it. Oh yeah....forgot who I was dealing with here.

Bah Jove Dear Chap! let us know when you get a clue

kapefear

Hurricane IKE

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 am

OUCH.......... Cant we all just get along..This is starting to feel like a SNAKE vs WAZ.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
OUCH.......... Cant we all just get along..This is starting to feel like a SNAKE vs WAZ. when you have a poster calling someone a "chump" without any provocation, that's a problem.

the guy obviously has some kind of personal issue.