My ^&$@ing player didn't do $!^!# this week

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:54 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
Thanks!

On Murphy's Law... here's another one... in any trading league, not just mine, the degree to which you complain/cry/outburst about a trade is inversely proportional to the degree in which the trade will eventually turn out.

Ex:UFS is a point league. We had an owner trade Tejada to #1 team in league for M.Young and J.Lieber at deadline. 3 guys went nuts on the guy. M.Young has killed Tejada since the trade. Happens all the time. agree 100%, happens every time, its uncanny

even more so if a guy bitches to you about making him a ridiculous trade offer. I offered a guy Ricky Weeks (after Ricky was starting to hit) for Kerry Wood (before he was re-injured), he went on for days posting about how idiotic my trade offer was for useless rookie, Ricky "Weaks" ...

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
On Murphy's Law... here's another one... in any trading league, not just mine, the degree to which you complain/cry/outburst about a trade is inversely proportional to the degree in which the trade will eventually turn out.

Ex:UFS is a point league. We had an owner trade Tejada to #1 team in league for M.Young and J.Lieber at deadline. 3 guys went nuts on the guy. M.Young has killed Tejada since the trade. Happens all the time. John, first off, it's all good. No hard feelings.

Your point here about trading is another excellent observation. That said, one of the main reasons that the NFFC/NFBC works so well is that there is no trading. Just about every trading league that I have been a part of -- at least those with good, competitive and active owners -- has had some problem erupt due to trading. In this universe, no one can point the finger at the actions of a couple of owners.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:49 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Do you lump all the midwest people together, too? Glenn, since we're taking exceptions to regional biasing here, then I take exception to your use of the word "lump" and Midwest people! Are you inferring something about our midsections here in the Midwest??? :D

Please apologize! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:06 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Do you lump all the midwest people together, too? Glenn, since we're taking exceptions to regional biasing here, then I take exception to your use of the word "lump" and Midwest people! Are you inferring something about our midsections here in the Midwest??? :D

Please apologize! :D
[/QUOTE]LOL

I should have used "hump" instead of "lump" -- you heartland guys are a bunch of Quasimodos.

web page

[ September 15, 2005, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]