Steve Smith (Carolina) is KILLING his owners!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:36 am

I love how Reggie Wayne never seems to answer these discussions about "best" WR in the game.

With Wayne the perception is that it's Manning making him good.

Isn't Warner making Fitz good?

Brady making Moss good?

Etc, etc.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:05 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I love how Reggie Wayne never seems to answer these discussions about "best" WR in the game.

Brady making Moss good?

Etc, etc. i think you can leave moss out of it. he resurrected jeff george's career, made randall cunningham look like an awesome passer, put up better numbers with todd bouman than with daunte culpepper (who i thought was an excellent chain mover but vastly overrated as a deep ball guy). i think the raiders thing was just a case of him going 2008 ochocinco on us.

while wayne is pretty darn good, he's probably more likely than the others to be relying on chemistry and qb ability than the others as he took much longer to develop into what he is and lacks some of the elite physical skills the other guys have.

fitzgerald is somewhat tough to tell as he's always in his big seasons had the benefit of warner and a pass-happy offense but always played in an open offense with boldin (and we all know he's more likely to put up monster numbers without boldin.)

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:32 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
THAT IS A BIG STRETCH GLENN SAYING HE WOULD BE THE BEST WR'S IN THE GAME.

NO WAY. IT STILL WOULD BE A THREE WAY BATTLE BETWEEN FITZ, MOSS AND JOHNSON.

YES HE WOULD BE BETTER BUT NOT THE BEST. I don't agree ... if Moss and S Smith switched teams ... Smith would be the top WR ... Moss would return to Raider production (almost undraftable ... worse than SSmith is now ... he would leave his mouth piece every other play)
[/QUOTE]HE WOULD BE BETTER MIKE BUT JUST LIKE SANDMAN SAID HE IS NOT TALL ENOUGH TO BE THE BEST RECEIVER.

ALSO JUST IMAGINE IF SMITH GOT TRADED TO N.E. FOR MOSS THEORECITAL.

COULD YOU REALLY SEE YOURSELF PICKING S. SMITH AS THE FIRST WR OFF THE BOARD?
[/QUOTE]I would say yes a first rounder....
[/QUOTE]OVER FITZ AND A. JOHNSON? IF YES YOU CAN BE IN MY LEAGUE ANYDAY.
[/QUOTE]Be careful what u wish for Ormond ;)

....and BTW u are are in a league with me right now. Check the standings ;)

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
THAT IS A BIG STRETCH GLENN SAYING HE WOULD BE THE BEST WR'S IN THE GAME.

NO WAY. IT STILL WOULD BE A THREE WAY BATTLE BETWEEN FITZ, MOSS AND JOHNSON.

YES HE WOULD BE BETTER BUT NOT THE BEST. I don't agree ... if Moss and S Smith switched teams ... Smith would be the top WR ... Moss would return to Raider production (almost undraftable ... worse than SSmith is now ... he would leave his mouth piece every other play)
[/QUOTE]HE WOULD BE BETTER MIKE BUT JUST LIKE SANDMAN SAID HE IS NOT TALL ENOUGH TO BE THE BEST RECEIVER.

ALSO JUST IMAGINE IF SMITH GOT TRADED TO N.E. FOR MOSS THEORECITAL.

COULD YOU REALLY SEE YOURSELF PICKING S. SMITH AS THE FIRST WR OFF THE BOARD?
[/QUOTE]I would say yes a first rounder....
[/QUOTE]OVER FITZ AND A. JOHNSON? IF YES YOU CAN BE IN MY LEAGUE ANYDAY.
[/QUOTE]Be careful what u wish for Ormond ;)

....and BTW u are are in a league with me right now. Check the standings ;)
[/QUOTE]I AM AWARE OF THIS, YOU ARE DOING WELL BUT IT IS STILL A LONG WAY TO GO MY FRIEND. :D :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:48 am

Originally posted by chriseibl:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

Brady making Moss good?

Etc, etc. i think you can leave moss out of it. he resurrected jeff george's career, made randall cunningham look like an awesome passer, put up better numbers with todd bouman than with daunte culpepper (who i thought was an excellent chain mover but vastly overrated as a deep ball guy). i think the raiders thing was just a case of him going 2008 ochocinco on us.

while wayne is pretty darn good, he's probably more likely than the others to be relying on chemistry and qb ability than the others as he took much longer to develop into what he is and lacks some of the elite physical skills the other guys have.

fitzgerald is somewhat tough to tell as he's always in his big seasons had the benefit of warner and a pass-happy offense but always played in an open offense with boldin (and we all know he's more likely to put up monster numbers without boldin.)
[/QUOTE]I would buy the argument for Moss.

Your points on Wayne's chemistry with Manning are the same points that were made against Harrison's abilities.

I do agree Manning makes the WRs better, but I also fully believe the elite WRs (Wayne/Harrison) make Manning better too.

Keep in mind I've watched every play of every game for the Colts since 1984.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by chriseibl:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

Brady making Moss good?

[/QUOTE]I would buy the argument for Moss.

Your points on Wayne's chemistry with Manning are the same points that were made against Harrison's abilities.

I do agree Manning makes the WRs better, but I also fully believe the elite WRs (Wayne/Harrison) make Manning better too.

Keep in mind I've watched every play of every game for the Colts since 1984.
[/QUOTE]Agree with this. I don't think Wayne's stats would be nearly as good playing with the Browns this year. And I don't think Manning's stats would be as good playing with 4 Pierre Garcon's. I'm sure the other factor is the work ethic of Wayne and Manning together. That's got to count for something too. Anyways, love both these guys who make the most out of their abilities.

Best hands in the game: About 5 years ago, I would've said Big game Holt. As of today, I think it might be Wayne. I have seen him drop a couple this year but some of the tough catches he's made this year are incredible. Moss has made some unbelievable catches - 1 against the Colts and so has D Driver this year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:13 am

Lower your expectations significantly for Smith in Week 12. He's going up against Revis.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Lower your expectations significantly for Smith in Week 12. He's going up against Revis. Unfortunately, that is a dilemna since this is wcff playoff week. But on the bright side. it may be an advantage. Wait, hear me out.

Revis usually blankets receivers. Delhomme rarely throws the ball anywhere NEAR a receiver. Therefore, Revis will not be able to interceptor deflect any passes