FF 2010: TRULY WILD & WACKY!!!

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 am

My gut says the fantasy playoffs could provide huge surprises. I have had this feeling that any teams with a traditional core that actually qualify will be the ones running for the big money with little competition. Just can't shake the belief that the Ortons, Lloyds, Hillis, of the world revert back to their mean as do the underperformers like Schaub, AJ, Rice. We shall see...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Like Vince Neil once sang....."It's the same ole, same ole situation.....its the same ole, same ole song and dance."

Ofcourse, that Crue album was decent. But listen to some of the earlier stuff. You may like it. It's the same ol', same ol' situation
It's the same ol', same ol' ball and chain

I'll bet we were at the same concert at Nassau Colliseum in 1989 (Warrant was the opening act).
[/QUOTE]LOL...I think I mixed Aerosmith with Crue....lol

I hate Warrant....except maybe Uncle Toms Cabin
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:43 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I know some people won't agree with this or like hearing it, but when that many of the top players at a position came from late rounds in drafts, the LUCK factor has gone way up. Unpredictability = more opportunity for teams that came away from the draft with weaker teams to excel. And for teams who did draft a solid core AND hit on these late-round fliers... they could likely be unstoppable. I just wonder if the luck factor doesn't go down instead of up when these upside guys come from the late rounds and waiver wire. I don't want to go into all of the reasons on a public message board but I don't think that it's not so much luck hitting on these late round players. I see teams make wasted pick after wasted pick during drafts and what they are doing is giving themselves less opportunities to hit that upside guy. I'll just leave it at that.

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:47 am

I can see how you might not buy into this theory Wayne. Your Primetime team is AWESOME and the only one of this year's surprise breakout players is Hillis. Your Classic team is good too (though not as strong as your Primetime), and the only breakout player is Nicks (though he's not some late-round flier). So I understand how my comments about how many teams have been very fortunate this year with late-round picks breaking out could get under your skin a little.

But if you look at a lot of other teams that have done well, many of them aren't like yours; they DO have players like Collie, Lloyd, Orton, McFadden, Hillis, Tolbert, Floyd, TO, Marcedes Lewis, etc..

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I can see how you might not buy into this theory Wayne. Your Primetime team is AWESOME and the only one of this year's surprise breakout players is Hillis. Your Classic team is good too (though not as strong as your Primetime), and the only breakout player is Nicks (though he's not some late-round flier). So I understand how my comments about how many teams have been very fortunate this year with late-round picks breaking out could get under your skin a little.

But if you look at a lot of other teams that have done well, many of them aren't like yours; they DO have players like Collie, Lloyd, Orton, McFadden, Hillis, Tolbert, Floyd, TO, Marcedes Lewis, etc.. Mike,

There is nothing that has been said that gets under my skin even slightly! :D It's all good. We'll chat about this some time.

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:22 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Here are my thoughts:

Injuries - seem pretty normal to me this year. There are numerous complaints every single year about guys getting hurt but I can't tell that there are more or less than any other year.

Top Round Picks - every year about 50% of the top picks (any position) do no live up to their projections either due to poor play, poor situations, or injuries. Some of this is avoidable, some of it isn't.

Mid Round Gems - Seems about the same as always this year. Several have become studs but that always happens.

Late Rounders - This is also somewhat similiar but the biggest difference to me is how late these guys were going this year. In 09 Charles/Austin/Rice were in that 8th - 13th round range. This year Hillis/Collie/Lloyd were 12th - undrafted. I can't remember (although Im sure it has happened) a top 3 RB coming from as far down as Hillis and a top 5 WR being completely undrafted. Even Colston was drafted in some leagues his rookie year. I'm sure there are examples but they just aren't coming to mind.

The thing that makes injuries more or less noticable is if they are happening to YOU or not. If you have tons of teams then it seems normal. If you just have a few then it could very well be that you are being affected more this year.

Wayne ...Wayne's very last sentence here hits home with me as I ONLY have 3 teams this season - BINGO!...GK
[/QUOTE]Even though you have been hit with injuries your teams are still doing very well! I think that is something to be proud of.

Wayne