Not off to a Good Start

Shrink Attack

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:22 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
289. RAIDERS NFFC New York League 1 1-5-0 604.65

Best week of the Year so far. Moved from 293 up to 289. One week at a Time, would have 12 more Points if "Action Points" were used. :D
Eddie Royal is killing me! At least he's on a bye week this week.

The climb to the TOP! I'm not much better, as I'm also in last place in my league:

195. Shrink Attack 1-5-0 714.55

But honestly, does this SOUND like a last place team after the draft, especially in a 14-team league?

QB: Warner
RB: Gore, Ronnie Brown, A. Bradshaw
WR: Jennings, Derrick Mason, D. Avery, I. Bruce (weak, but not horrible going in as they were all projected #1 WR's)
TE: Zach Miller
K: Akers
Def: Jets

It doesn't help that I've lost TWO games each by less than 1 point this season, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm only 195th in points in the Classic.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Raiders

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Raiders » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:18 am

Paul,

WR: Jennings, Derrick Mason, D. Avery, I. Bruce (weak, but not horrible going in as they were all projected #1 WR's)

That was a Great Draft. Funny thing is I also thought I had a Great draft for a 14 team League. Thought going into the season that was my best team. But Your draft was way better, maybe that's why Your in 194 and I'm in 289 place. I have to much pride to give up. Good Luck too You this week.

By the way I play the #1 Overall player this week, too bad for him I'm pissed. :D

Good Luck Paul and Larry,

John

Shrink Attack

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 am

Good luck to you too, John.

Funny thing is that Larry Schechter is #1 Overall in the Classic, but only 3-3 in his own (your) league!

He's first in the Ultimate as well, but I'm in second place only 11 points behind him. But to make things clear, KoQ (Glenn Schroter) is leading both of us in points and is lurking, ready to make a big move.

BillyWaz

Not off to a Good Start

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:04 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

Best week of the Year so far. Moved from 293 up to 289. One week at a Time, would have 12 more Points if "Action Points" were used. :D

The climb to the TOP! I'm not much better, as I'm also in last place in my league:

But honestly, does this SOUND like a last place team after the draft, especially in a 14-team league?

[/QUOTE]Paul,

On paper, that would of looked like a good team coming out of the draft room.

However, Zach Miller has been a huge disappointment (except for last week), the Jets, Jennings, and Avery all have been bad.

Gore, Avery have been hurt,etc.

I am betting you are really struggling at the flex most weeks.

It's got many players that SHOULD produce, but just haven't. Luckily, we officially haven't played 1/2 of our regular season, so plenty of time to turn it around! :D

Good luck my friend! :D

King of Queens

Not off to a Good Start

Post by King of Queens » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:12 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

Funny thing is that Larry Schechter is #1 Overall in the Classic, but only 3-3 in his own (your) league!

He's first in the Ultimate as well, but I'm in second place only 11 points behind him. But to make things clear, KoQ (Glenn Schroter) is leading both of us in points and is lurking, ready to make a big move. Paul, my team was so pissed off about losing by 0.95 points in Week 5 (sound familiar? ), they decided to put up a 200-spot in Week 6.

Lots of season still to come, in what should be a fairly wide-open race.

Shrink Attack

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

He's first in the Ultimate as well, but I'm in second place only 11 points behind him. But to make things clear, KoQ (Glenn Schroter) is leading both of us in points and is lurking, ready to make a big move. Paul, my team was so pissed off about losing by 0.95 points in Week 5 (sound familiar? ), they decided to put up a 200-spot in Week 6.

Lots of season still to come, in what should be a fairly wide-open race.
[/QUOTE]That was a big number, Glenn. When I saw it I had point-envy. Now if you can put a win streak together you might scoop the pot. But as you said, the season isn't even half over yet.

I didn't know you lost such a close one in week 5 by only 0.95, but since I lost that same week by only 0.45, I can't feel sorry for you! ;)

Shrink Attack

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:45 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

[/QUOTE]Paul,

On paper, that would of looked like a good team coming out of the draft room.

However, Zach Miller has been a huge disappointment (except for last week), the Jets, Jennings, and Avery all have been bad.

Gore, Avery have been hurt,etc.

I am betting you are really struggling at the flex most weeks.

It's got many players that SHOULD produce, but just haven't. Luckily, we officially haven't played 1/2 of our regular season, so plenty of time to turn it around! :D

Good luck my friend! :D
[/QUOTE]Exactly correct on all counts, Billy.

That's why I emphasized the after the draft part. In no way do I believe this team somehow deserves to be ranked better. Underperformance and injuries have made it what it is, but I picked them so I have to take ownership and live with them.

Good luck this week!

Raiders

Not off to a Good Start

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:31 am

Did not have a good week. Moved up only two spots.

287. RAIDERS NFFC New York League 1 1-6-0 708.55

One week at a Time, for my climb to the Top!

John