Seeing Favre In Purple At Lambeau Field

rkulaski

Seeing Favre In Purple At Lambeau Field

Post by rkulaski » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
[QUOTE]Greg,
One point that Aikman made yesterday that you might not have heard (since you were at the game) was this... Last year when Favre visited Green Bay in the preseason (a week before signing with the Jets) to try to work things out with Thompson and McCarthy one last time, Aikman said that it's possible that Favre never wanted to re-sign with Green Bay. Not sure if I buy that, but it's an angle that I've never heard before.

Anyways, yep, sound like Favre looked as good in person as he did on tv. He simply ripped up that Packer D for the second time this season and, revenge or not, he's got to feel good right now that he stuck it to TT. A few weeks ago Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that when Favre and McCarthy met to discuss his possible return, the two of them got into such a shouting confrontation that they had to be restrained. I'm sure Favre wanted them to roll out the red carpet for him and instead McCarthy played tough love drill sargeant. He has already said that he asked Favre some questions about returning for the team and he didn't get the answers he wanted to hear, so they moved on. Well, it sounds like they had a good fight before they moved on.

Thompson and McCarthy are stubborn to a fault and it could be their demise here. They stuck to their guns but their guns aren't bigger than the rest of the league's. Minnesota has outdrafted us and outperformed us in free agency and trades and so far this year Childress has even outcoached us. That's a sad fact when Chilly is such a poor coach. But Favre made McCarthy look good in 2007 and he's making Chilly look good now.

The Packers can still earn a wild card spot, but they need a win this week at Tampa and then some big wins vs. Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago and Baltimore. None of those will be easy. But 10-6 gets a wild card in the NFC this year, so that's what you have to shoot for now.

Otherwise, bye bye Teddy and Mike III.
[/QUOTE]Yep, agree that TT and McCarthy are stubborn. Yep, agree too that the Vikes have definitely outdrafted the Pack recently too. I think the Packers' chances of a wildcard are still good but, at this point and as much as I hate to admit it, they are clearly a couple steps below the Vikings and Saints. Funny thing is, I have a feeling that we will see Favre vs the Packers III in the playoffs.