ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Greg Ambrosius

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 pm

I have dealt with Billy and Snake now for 8 long freakin' years and even during that time my kids have grown up more than these two adults. :mad: I can't tell you how many emails I've received in the last two hours about this stupid feud. I can't even enjoy a dinner at home without jumping on these boards to delete another Hatfield and McCoy feud. Both of you go away for a while and don't post again or I'll take care of that for both of you. I've had it.

The Nicks scoring will be updated tonight if Elias makes these changes official. It is amazing that they could call that a catch for 22 yards when the penalty was for what, 5 or 10 yards? That's amazing. I'm not sure I've ever seen a change made like that. Again, we'll post the official stat changes tomorrow morning after they've come through and all changes must be made before tomorrow night's deadline. I'll be sure to post these changes tomorrow. Amazing move by the NFL and Elias, quite honestly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:28 pm

It's a shocking change. The adjustment benefits me, as it converts a 161-160 loss in the Super to a win for me, but I'm floored as to why the NFL thinks this even needed to be changed. I've never seen a stat reversal like that before.

I guess it's just another example of "that's the way the ball bounces" in fantasy.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Actually it was for 23 yards, Greg.

(6:37) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete deep left to H.Nicks. PENALTY on SL-B.Fletcher, Defensive Pass Interference, 23 yards, enforced at SL 32 - No Play.

Sorry for the argument with Snake.

I fully take accountability for getting into it with him here tonight, but if it isn't me getting into it with him, it is going to be someone else eventually.

These are your boards, and you can do what you want. If need be, kick us BOTH off, but letting him sneak back on repeatedly, and saying "oh OK....one more chance" isn't changing a thing.

Just my opinion, and again, I apologize for my part in all if this.

[ September 21, 2011, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
It's a shocking change. The adjustment benefits me, as it converts a 161-160 loss in the Super to a win for me, but I'm floored as to why the NFL thinks this even needed to be changed. I've never seen a stat reversal like that before.

I guess it's just another example of "that's the way the ball bounces" in fantasy. Yeah, it's weird. It's as if someone within Elias is a fantasy player who had Nicks!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:49 pm

The two of you will NEVER learn. NOBODY cares about your private feud. That's why there are Private Message options; fight privately. Dealing with BOTH of you on these boards is more painful than raising my teenagers. At least they are more mature and take to discipline. You two will NEVER learn and you continue to ruin these boards for EVERYONE. :mad: Do everyone a favor and self-impose your own ban on posting for a few months.

Cocktails and Dreams

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 pm

NFL job is to change stats where the scoring of the play was wrong. That was not the case here. Very much incorrect on their part. Who does one email to voice their displeasure and explain to them how stupid they are? For the record, not exactly sure of the impact here for me, nor does it matter. What does matter is this is stupid.

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Excellent points, Nicks was way out of bounds and never ever should've gotten credit for the catch

[ September 22, 2011, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

Cocktails and Dreams

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Nicks came down with the ball and two feet inbounds for 23 yards, the penalty was for def pass interference...the judges moved the ball to the spot saying they accepted the penalty. But the Giants never accepted it, the judges just said they did and moved the ball. Plus it didn't matter whether they accepted it or not, it was first down at the same spot either way. So at the time and in the real game it didn't matter one bit...

They corrected it later. Nicks made the catch and they gave him the yards. I can't believe the confusion here. Not even close to correct. Nicks gained two more yards had they called it a catch on the field.

kjduke

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
The two of you will NEVER learn. NOBODY cares about your private feud. That's why there are Private Message options; fight privately. Dealing with BOTH of you on these boards is more painful than raising my teenagers. At least they are more mature and take to discipline. You two will NEVER learn and you continue to ruin these boards for EVERYONE. :mad: Do everyone a favor and self-impose your own ban on posting for a few months. C/mon Greg, we know who the instigator is in this feud. It's the guy who's been banned in every other high stakes contest MB including this one a half dozen times.