Draft Process: Are You In Favor Of A Change?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
may i ask why you aren't in favor of the BDDS system, other than "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? if that's your only answer, that's okay too. thanks. OMG, are you actually willing to acknowledge another man's opinion (which is different than yours) as legitimate, without demeaning and belligerently attacking it?

I'm not a psychologist but I think this lack of conviction may be coinciding with your mediocre FF showing this season.
For Players. By Players.

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:45 am

gekko...

saying the "derdy style" concept "wont pass" is kind of silly when the guy who came up with it RUNS THE EVENT. i am not saying it will be what we go with next year, but greg can do what he wants. secondly... there is VERY LITTLE advantage to controlling where you draft. year after year the optimal place to draft from will change... the spots in the draft where the best valued player land change from year to year... which players get hurt change from year to year... there are too many variables outside the control of the fantasy owner to make controlling ones draft position a huge deal of advantage one way or the other...

having said that... you keep forgetting that with the derby style, the majority of the owners will be slotted in a spot they like... you keep implying that the guy who is drawn 14th will somehow get his least favorite spot... this is completely not the case. the purpose of the derby system or bbds concept is simply to give owners SOME control over where they end up on a draft board... the advantages gained from this are very small and will vary year to year. i think what greg is trying to do is add something to his growing event, that gives owners a positive pre draft positioning experience, without scaring away the newer owners who might be somewhat intimidated or confused by a bbds system that is alien to everyone in the industry... and is more complex then simply listing your preferred order of draft positions and letting you get picked where you get picked...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:48 am

Originally posted by Maverick:
For those of you looking to change how future draft positions are determined, I've got two words to say: "GROW UP"...well, maybe a few more words..."YOU CONTROLLING WHINERS!!!" Accept your destiny!!!

I have chosen NOT to read your "sorry "a*&%#*$*" reasons why the rules should change, 'cuz there is not one good reason. are you in favor of free agents being picked up by teams randomly each week? that's what i thought.

you're a joke and you've proven that by your post. btw, i heard greg bought a new shredder at work. i also heard he printed off your post and used it to test the shredder. value of your post = shredder tester

[ October 26, 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:52 am

Originally posted by Maverick:
I have chosen NOT to read your "sorry "a*&%#*$*" reasons why the rules should change, 'cuz there is not one good reason. greg - these are the kinds of folks who want the random process to continue. consider the source. muuuuhahahaha!!!!

i don't remember one "good" player who won their league or even made the playoffs in the nffc or the wcoff being against BDDS. it will soon be time to choose your side, the "mavericks" of the world or the "champions"

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:53 am

Originally posted by renman:
...there is VERY LITTLE advantage to controlling where you draft. year after year the optimal place to draft from will change...Come on now, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Everyone knows that if gekko wasn't forced to draft from the 5-slot this year he'd easily be first overall and on his way to the Championship. Sheeesh... :rolleyes:
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:57 am

Originally posted by Nag':
OMG, are you actually willing to acknowledge another man's opinion (which is different than yours) as legitimate, without demeaning and belligerently attacking it? i never said it was legitmate. i only said it was okay if that was his only reason. if it is, the reason would be wrong. but, i'll let him answer.

I'm not a psychologist but I think this lack of conviction may be coinciding with your mediocre FF showing this season. lack of conviction? nag - i'll be the same way i've always been. if someone has a good idea or post, i'll acknowledge it. i've done this in the past.

on another note, do you know if many of the wcoff grand champions stayed on the MB after their less-than-stellar year-after season or did they run away and hide? i'm looking to gain some respect in your books by not "running away". did i get any?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:03 am

Originally posted by renman:
gekko...

saying the "derdy style" concept "wont pass" is kind of silly when the guy who came up with it RUNS THE EVENT. i am not saying it will be what we go with next year, but greg can do what he wants. secondly... there is VERY LITTLE advantage to controlling where you draft. year after year the optimal place to draft from will change... the spots in the draft where the best valued player land change from year to year... which players get hurt change from year to year... there are too many variables outside the control of the fantasy owner to make controlling ones draft position a huge deal of advantage one way or the other...

having said that... you keep forgetting that with the derby style, the majority of the owners will be slotted in a spot they like... you keep implying that the guy who is drawn 14th will somehow get his least favorite spot... this is completely not the case. the purpose of the derby system or bbds concept is simply to give owners SOME control over where they end up on a draft board... the advantages gained from this are very small and will vary year to year. i think what greg is trying to do is add something to his growing event, that gives owners a positive pre draft positioning experience, without scaring away the newer owners who might be somewhat intimidated or confused by a bbds system that is alien to everyone in the industry... and is more complex then simply listing your preferred order of draft positions and letting you get picked where you get picked... 1. yes, greg can do what he wants. he runs the event

1a. greg didn't come up with the derby method

1b. it will never be enacted IMO

2. with the derby method, the 14th randomly selected owner gets NO say in the slot the get, whereas the 1st randomly selected owner gets their most bestest spot. UNFAIR. the BBDS system does away with all that crap.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:09 am

on another note, do you know if many of the wcoff grand champions stayed on the MB after their less-than-stellar year-after season or did they run away and hide? i'm looking to gain some respect in your books by not "running away". did i get any?Noone expected you to run away. First of all...where the heck would you go? I bet these are probably the only MBs on the entire web where you've been "accepted".
As for the wcoff grand champs, well Shussman stayed on the boards to get his share of abuse after he bombed in WCOFF 2. Meat Helmuts were never active to begin with. And Culligan (Arrowheads) has hung around, but his team is still semi-competetive so we'll see what he does afterwards.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 am

Noone expected you to run away. First of all...where the heck would you go? I bet these are probably the only MBs on the entire web where you've been "accepted".mr nag - i could endear myself to any MB, including the wcoff, football guys, etc... i just don't have enough time.

guess that was a "no" answer as far as respect.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:16 am

mr nag - i could endear myself to any MB, including the wcoff, football guys, etc... i just don't have enough time. Oh yes, I've seen who you "endeared" yourself to those boards.
For Players. By Players.