Week 2 FAAB

Chi_Town_FEW

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I picked up Denario Alexander in 3 leagues,hope it pays off. I was reading the waiver results and Alexander was actually dropped in one league. What does he have to do to be worthy of a roster spot????

Wayne
[/QUOTE]As a Rams fan and everything I have read his knee is so bad it is a wonder be can walk. His talent is imenense, but......... I want him to be on the field for 50% of the snaps, buy 15 is about the max. He goes through a ridiculus ice and therapy session for hours everyday.

[ September 24, 2011, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Chi_Town_FEW ]

Coltsfan

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:06 am

I agree Bob - I don't see him making through any given season. I'm surprised that the Rams even kept him this year. But I just can't remember a player being dropped the same week that they have a "breakout" type game. That just seemed weird since he didn't hurt himself.

Wayne

renman

Week 2 FAAB

Post by renman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 am

I was surprised by the bidding (or lack of) for Kevin Ogletree. He is the "next man up" in Dallas, on a prolific passing offense with Mile Austin confirmed to be missing some games and Dez Bryant banged up and injury prone anyway. They kept Ogletree over Hurd so they obviously like him.

I was surprised the bidding wasn't very high on him (he was selected) in my leagues given how important WR depth is.

Glenneration X

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:08 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I was surprised by the bidding (or lack of) for Kevin Ogletree. He is the "next man up" in Dallas, on a prolific passing offense with Mile Austin confirmed to be missing some games and Dez Bryant banged up and injury prone anyway. They kept Ogletree over Hurd so they obviously like him.

I was surprised the bidding wasn't very high on him (he was selected) in my leagues given how important WR depth is. Romo supposedly has better chemistry with Holley.

Eddiejag

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:21 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
We got Kitna uncontested for the bargain price of $476! :eek: With Romo, and Cassel as our backup, and happy with the rest of our Super team, we just felt like we had to lock up Romo/Kitna to remain competitive. We shall see. (We also spent $119 more to turn Cassel into Dalton! Hope that works out.) Sandman dont you have a fantasy buddy you can discuss what numbers players should be going for.With Kitna being the Romo owner having him makes sense but 476 is crazy.Anyways good luck with the Cowboy combo.I do like the Dalton upgrade.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:25 am

Originally posted by Singletary's Samurais:
Week 2 FAAB results:

Denarius Moore $758, runner up $411
Thomas Jones $366, runner up $102
Jesse Holley $222, no runner up
Danario Alexander $177, runner up $120
Brandon LaFell $121, runner up $53
Donald Jones $111, no runner up
Victor Cruz $57, no runner up
Andre Caldwell $39, no runner up
Titus Young $25, no runner up

And David Nelson.....$69, no runner up (because I snagged him last week).

What do you guys think of picking up Titus for $25? I had to drop Crabtree to do it. I think you stole him as this is an upside pick.I heard somewhere a young Desean Jackson.Last week was a nice start and he's too talented not to be on the field.
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Shrink Attack

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:37 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
We got Kitna uncontested for the bargain price of $476! :eek: With Romo, and Cassel as our backup, and happy with the rest of our Super team, we just felt like we had to lock up Romo/Kitna to remain competitive. We shall see. (We also spent $119 more to turn Cassel into Dalton! Hope that works out.) Sandman dont you have a fantasy buddy you can discuss what numbers players should be going for.With Kitna being the Romo owner having him makes sense but 476 is crazy. [/QUOTE]That's all true, but as a Romo owner in the Classic, I couldn't help but to run the worse case scenarios in my head:

1) Somebody weak at QB might think Kitna was a good depth grab if he could be had at a low price.

2) Some Shark in my league (and this league is LOADED with Sharks) might think it would be a good way to limit me by picking up the backup to my injured, #1 QB on the cheap.

As a Romo owner, you have to consider the worst scenarios if you under-bid, but to also temper that with being practical.

In addition, we all know that Romo is injury prone and this could be an ongoing issue all year. This gives picking up Kitna even more value, since once he's acquired he's probably worth holding onto for while.

Considering all the above, I bid $89 on Kitna and got him uncontested. I feel perfectly fine about that.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:42 am

Yes Eddie, and Kevin and I were on the same page with this. It wasn't a matter of Kitna's WORTH, but rather, as Shrink alludes to, what could be the worst-case scenario WITHOUT Kitna?

Well, this acquisition was in our $2500 Super League. The rest of our roster is:
RB: Jones-Drew, Moreno, Stewart, Hardesty, TJones
WR: Nicks, Maclin, Knox, Armstrong, Decker, Nelson, Crabtree
TE: Daniels, Moore
DST: Jets
K: Hanson

As with many of our teams, our weakness is at RB. After MJD, we certainly have some question marks. However, at least Moreno, Hardesty and TJones all have their arrows pointing up (in varying degrees). We feel very solid at WR, having drafted Decker and picked up Nelson last week before his breakout. TEs, DST and K are solid.

So we feel like this team can compete well, but we just couldn't bear the thought of giving away 10-15 PPG at QB for the rest of the season, IF Romo's injury worsens.

1) Our QB2 was Cassel, ugh. KC sucks this year without their cushy schedule from last year. Now without Charles, they suck more. Yes, they might have to pass more now, but that still doesn't mean we want to chug along each week with Cassel's likely 10-15 PPG.

2) We reviewed other QB needs in our league. One owner has Rodgers, but his backups are Alex Smith and Flynn. Another has Kolb with only Bradford and Shaun Hill behind him. So the guy with Hill obviously at least during the draft liked the idea of grabbing an injury-prone QB's backup; so maybe he might like to do so again? So we thought either of them might take a $100-200 flier on Kitna. Our opponent this week has the recently-concussed Vick and just ol' Uncle Kerry Collins as backup. With Dalton the only other viable QB free agent, we certainly saw potential for him to go after Kitna for $200-300.

3) We're 1-1 so far, 50 points off the lead, with only 4 2-2 teams. But after this week, it could be interesting with how many teams might be 2-1. So for now, we're right in the hunt.

4) Having Kitna allows us to not have to start Cassel (now Dalton) this week. We can wait for DAL's Monday night game and if Romo is a late scratch, we can slide Kitna in. Will Kitna do any better than Dalton? Maybe not. But this strategy also allows us to roll til Monday with Romo - and hopefully he still starts (and finishes!) the game. If he goes down, we won't be feeling like we just blew $2500 and are watching it all go down the toilet over one position.

In the end, we feel like this team is strong and deep enough to not need much else in free agents the rest of the way. Besides, there aren't likely to BE any RBs worth grabbing all season, and we're strong enough at WR and TE. So we hope that leaving ourselves $228 to grab a backup DST and K along the way, and perhaps some other minor pickups, will be sufficient.

So we weren't taking a chance on losing insurance at the one position we feel we need it the most. After all, you can't take it with you!

[ September 24, 2011, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Eddiejag

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:39 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Yes Eddie, and Kevin and I were on the same page with this. It wasn't a matter of Kitna's WORTH, but rather, as Shrink alludes to, what could be the worst-case scenario WITHOUT Kitna?

Well, this acquisition was in our $2500 Super League. The rest of our roster is:
RB: Jones-Drew, Moreno, Stewart, Hardesty, TJones
WR: Nicks, Maclin, Knox, Armstrong, Decker, Nelson, Crabtree
TE: Daniels, Moore
DST: Jets
K: Hanson

As with many of our teams, our weakness is at RB. After MJD, we certainly have some question marks. However, at least Moreno, Hardesty and TJones all have their arrows pointing up (in varying degrees). We feel very solid at WR, having drafted Decker and picked up Nelson last week before his breakout. TEs, DST and K are solid.

So we feel like this team can compete well, but we just couldn't bear the thought of giving away 10-15 PPG at QB for the rest of the season, IF Romo's injury worsens.

1) Our QB2 was Cassel, ugh. KC sucks this year without their cushy schedule from last year. Now without Charles, they suck more. Yes, they might have to pass more now, but that still doesn't mean we want to chug along each week with Cassel's likely 10-15 PPG.

2) We reviewed other QB needs in our league. One owner has Rodgers, but his backups are Alex Smith and Flynn. Another has Kolb with only Bradford and Shaun Hill behind him. So the guy with Hill obviously at least during the draft liked the idea of grabbing an injury-prone QB's backup; so maybe he might like to do so again? So we thought either of them might take a $100-200 flier on Kitna. Our opponent this week has the recently-concussed Vick and just ol' Uncle Kerry Collins as backup. With Dalton the only other viable QB free agent, we certainly saw potential for him to go after Kitna for $200-300.

3) We're 1-1 so far, 50 points off the lead, with only 4 2-2 teams. But after this week, it could be interesting with how many teams might be 2-1. So for now, we're right in the hunt.

4) Having Kitna allows us to not have to start Cassel (now Dalton) this week. We can wait for DAL's Monday night game and if Romo is a late scratch, we can slide Kitna in. Will Kitna do any better than Dalton? Maybe not. But this strategy also allows us to roll til Monday with Romo - and hopefully he still starts (and finishes!) the game. If he goes down, we won't be feeling like we just blew $2500 and are watching it all go down the toilet over one position.

In the end, we feel like this team is strong and deep enough to not need much else in free agents the rest of the way. Besides, there aren't likely to BE any RBs worth grabbing all season, and we're strong enough at WR and TE. So we hope that leaving ourselves $228 to grab a backup DST and K along the way, and perhaps some other minor pickups, will be sufficient.

So we weren't taking a chance on losing insurance at the one position we feel we need it the most. After all, you can't take it with you! Sandman - great pickup with Nelson and drafting Decker could be another big pickup late in your draft.I would be a little worried about Moreno sucking this year but like the upside with Stewart.I see you also have Thomas Jones and he went big bucks this week with the Charles injury.T Jones could also help if he could just fill in some bye weeks and get those goal line touches.I also have Evan Moore on a few teams and hoping they get him more targets cause he's got talent. good luck and hope this team compete's which i think it will.
Bad(ass)Angels

Glenneration X

Week 2 FAAB

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:44 am

Eddie, you really need to update your signature.