Skill/Luck......continuing on for a while?

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:05 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Gekko,

Now you are talking about guaranteed contracts in pro sports? Huh?
i'm saying if we NFFC'ers get to the playoffs and come up empty, we are kinda bummed, cause we made VERY little money when you consider the time we put in theis hobby.

if REAL nfl players get to the playoffs and come up empty, MOST DON'T CARE, as they have made millions of dollars.

it's all about the benjamins ren.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Someone suggested many screens ago that maybe we should let playoff teams enter the playoffs w/ 2 or 3 times their regular season average instead of just one. To me, this makes the most sense. i'm in this camp as well. people who are not, want luck to remain the key compontent. AND I KNOW WHY!!! :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 am

For many years in one of our home leagues, we've had this same debate. The conclusion I came to w/ our leagues was "Yes, these owners really DO want to have as good a chance as those who put in more time/effort or just plain have a keener sense for this type of "probability analysis"."

We ultimately left that league this year and started another: 4 pt. passing TDs, NO PPR, etc. Less random point swings where some no-name QB or WR off the wire gets a LOT more points than many studs.

But as much as some won't admit it, they LIKE the idea of having a chance at beating someone they know is better than them at something - be it FFL, poker, whatever. And if they didn't have that chance, they might not fill our coffers w/ their money. :D

I still am in favor of making the regular season EQUAL to the playoffs by entering the playoffs w/ 3x your reg. season average.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:11 am

'We ultimately left that league this year and started another'.

Your Luck was not Good in the League you left? :D