nag

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:57 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
didn't you only win HALF that amount? i won over 100K. at least that's what the check said. from that, i paid off my partnership and taxes [/QUOTE]The picture of the check I saw had BOTH of your names on it.

Are you saying that Jason put up half of the entry fee, yet he didn't get half of the winnings?

If so, I can totally see why he is going his own way this year. ;)

Diesel

nag

Post by Diesel » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:58 am

UGT, Greg said he will be upgrading the league this year so that you can see NFFC career stats. This way, if/when you win a league, you can see the comparison of the competition that you faced. I'm sure there will be many of us around the NFFC for awhile, so we'll be able to legitamately boast or tuck our tail between our legs once the NFFC stats speak for themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to determine rankings once these stats are implemented.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:24 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
UGT, Greg said he will be upgrading the league this year so that you can see NFFC career stats. This way, if/when you win a league, you can see the comparison of the competition that you faced. I'm sure there will be many of us around the NFFC for awhile, so we'll be able to legitamately boast or tuck our tail between our legs once the NFFC stats speak for themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to determine rankings once these stats are implemented. I hope he does it for the rest of the events as well ... as I don't enter the main event.

I would still like to see a league with you, Gekko , Nag, Route C, BillyWaz and the rest of the die hard players.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:37 am

Personally ... If I were Greg ... I would make league Champion stats available ... First ... Maybe Second and Third. I don't want think you want to post last place finishes ... I would hate to see some people leave the league because they have bad prior year stats posted.

Somethink like UYT's 2004 Draft Champions Winner, 2005 Draft Champions 2nd, 2005 Auction Draft 3rd, 2005 1250 Auction Draft Winner.

No one wants to see Gekko with 2005 Auction draft 12th place, 2005 1250 Auction draft 14th place, 2005 Main event 11th place. :D
Hakuna Matata!

Diesel

nag

Post by Diesel » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:52 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
UGT, Greg said he will be upgrading the league this year so that you can see NFFC career stats. This way, if/when you win a league, you can see the comparison of the competition that you faced. I'm sure there will be many of us around the NFFC for awhile, so we'll be able to legitamately boast or tuck our tail between our legs once the NFFC stats speak for themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to determine rankings once these stats are implemented. I hope he does it for the rest of the events as well ... as I don't enter the main event.

I would still like to see a league with you, Gekko , Nag, Route C, BillyWaz and the rest of the die hard players.
[/QUOTE]UYT, I was in your DraftMasters last year. And I was in BillyWaz' league last year too. I would play against either one of you anytime. If this DraftMasters doesn't get filled, we may be playing against each other again via Chi/NY draft again.

As far as the Main event, you should really reconsider your position on not playing. Where else can you have a 1 in 375 chance of winning $100,000 ? You had a solid seaon in every league you entered last year. Imagine the po$$iblitie$ if you were in the main event too.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:43 pm

UYT, I was in your DraftMasters last year. And I was in BillyWaz' league last year too. I would play against either one of you anytime. Thanks (Laughing) ... I think?

As far as the Main event, you should really reconsider your position on not playing. Where else can you have a 1 in 375 chance of winning $100,000 ? You had a solid seaon in every league you entered last year. Imagine the po$$iblitie$ if you were in the main event too. What got me into this in the first place is ... a buddy ... Darryl who is pictured in the magazine and I always wanted to get into a league together (we always compared notes before and after drafts but distance was a problem). I found this event on the net last year ... and took the opportunity to visit a college buddy and share a common interest.

His daughters had a lot of fun helping run the draft on Saturday ... and it was fun spending some time with them also. As long as they are wanting to help with the drafts ... I think Darryl and I are going to continue to to do that too (they need reliable people to help with the Chicago Drafts anyway).

At first ... I like the better league payouts rather than the long shots ... but now it's more like spending time with his girls ... so it's a no brainer ... unless they decide not to be involved.
Hakuna Matata!

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I would still like to see a league with you, Gekko , Nag, Route C, BillyWaz and the rest of the die hard players. Antsports runs individual high-stake leagues for under 10% cut and offer another BIG financial advantage I don't like to mention publically (email me at [email protected] & I will tell you what it is).
If there's serious interest from the diehards here to form an individual high-stakes league, I would definitely be involved. Although I doubt our man gordie would. As a matter of fact, I am CERTAIN he would pass. And I know exactly why.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
If there's serious interest from the diehards here to form an individual high-stakes league, I would definitely be involved. Although I doubt our man gordie would. As a matter of fact, I am CERTAIN he would pass. And I know exactly why. do tell...
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:59 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Antsports runs individual high-stake leagues for under 10% cut and offer another BIG financial advantage I don't like to mention publically (email me at [email protected] & I will tell you what it is). are they pimping your BK coupons?

[ June 12, 2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:46 am

Well, Jason Emma signed up for the NFFC and Greg called him "the defending champion" (which he is!).

Anyone else here think Gordon is taking ALL the credit for his team's success, when in reality, the only reason he is more well known than Jason is because he is more vocal on the message boards?

You never answered my question Gekko... Did Jason pay 1/2 the entry fee, yet you paid him less than half the winnings?

[ June 13, 2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]