Ethics Question

BLACKHAND

Ethics Question

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:04 am

Originally posted by Nag':
During my WCOFF draft last year one of the owners said "Chad Lewis" and quickly said "I mean...LJ.Smith". I asked for the Chad Lewis pick to stand as did the other owners. there was a call to one of the event managers and they told him the Chad Lewis pick had to stand.

At the end of the draft, that owner came over to me and told me that I was right and he was wrong. No hard feelings. We shook hands and walked away. I guess everyone has a price on there morality. nag has set his price. i am a cool guy but if you did that to me there would be a big big problem.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Ethics Question

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:15 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Rusty said they clearly made a mistake letting you do that. They should have never taken the sticker off the board. I think you are confusing me with someone else Mike, as my sticker was never placed on the board (it was being peeled). Nevertheless, I would have been OK with the decision to keep my first pick also, as it really didn't make that much of a difference (especially in a DC).

BillyWaz

Ethics Question

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:17 am

A rule does need to be in place, and all that has to be done is EACH moderator tells his or her draft they are working BEFORE the draft.

Nag'

Ethics Question

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:32 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
During my WCOFF draft last year one of the owners said "Chad Lewis" and quickly said "I mean...LJ.Smith". I asked for the Chad Lewis pick to stand as did the other owners. there was a call to one of the event managers and they told him the Chad Lewis pick had to stand.

At the end of the draft, that owner came over to me and told me that I was right and he was wrong. No hard feelings. We shook hands and walked away. I guess everyone has a price on there morality. nag has set his price. i am a cool guy but if you did that to me there would be a big big problem.
[/QUOTE]My "morality" is to follow the rules. What's yours?

If it happened to you, the only one you should have a problem with is yourself for making a mistake and being held accountable for it. As I said, the EVENT MANAGERS decided to force that owner to keep Chad Lewis - not me. Maybe your "big big" problems would need to be directed to them as well.

[ August 02, 2006, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

BLACKHAND

Ethics Question

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:29 am

NAG , there is a big difference in someone correcting there mistake right away then someone sitting and waiting for another person to correct there mistake. maybe it was the guys first draft. show a little heart maybe you will feel better about yourself.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Nag'

Ethics Question

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:41 am

NAG , there is a big difference in someone correcting there mistake right away then someone sitting and waiting for another person to correct there mistake. maybe it was the guys first draft. show a little heart maybe you will feel better about yourself. Once the name of the drafted player is called out, that pick stands. This was the rule of our draft. I'm sure that it is also the rule of the NFFC draft, although I don't remember Greg ever clarifying it. If this rule doesn't sit well with you and you feel that people who want to obey this rule are not "moral" or "don't feel good about themselves", I guess you can take that position. My position is: rules are rules. We may not like it, but we have to follow them.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Ethics Question

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:05 am

Originally posted by Nag':
My position is: rules are rules. We may not like it, but we have to follow them. agreed. for the folks that F-up...sorry
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

Ethics Question

Post by mkrucek » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:44 am

NAG , there is a big difference in someone correcting there mistake right away then someone sitting and waiting for another person to correct there mistake. maybe it was the guys first draft. show a little heart maybe you will feel better about yourself. So what is the cutoff? If someone catches their mistake 10 seconds after they pick is that ok? 20 seconds? Right before the next player picks? So what if it's the first draft. Sorry, this isn't your local league with friends where I have no problem with redos. Man Rule - You call him, you own him.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

RiFF

Ethics Question

Post by RiFF » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:54 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
My position is: rules are rules. We may not like it, but we have to follow them. agreed. for the folks that F-up...sorry [/QUOTE]Tuff crowd.....I like it!! :eek: :eek:

Baker Boy

Ethics Question

Post by Baker Boy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 am

I'm in the same home league with 4d and I pretty much agree with him. We have let owners that have players that were cut, injured, or suck redo. However in a draft such as this you should pay a penalty for not being prepared, ie. pick the wrong player.

In a top Tourney such as this it should state in the rules whomever you call first that's your player.