WCOFF's Black Friday : How does this impact NFFC 2007 ?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:10 pm

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...uh oh, SNAKE feels a 36 page debate on this topic a co min' now...SNAKE ___________________ Lol ____________ Really there is no need for that, But I would like to know how they came to decide on 14, I'm sure there is a very good reason for it, and I would never make an issue of it, I was just stating a preference, you know , like Jennifer Lopez over Jessica Simpson, either way, I'm In..! [/QUOTE]I believe Greg made the decision based on his belief that it would make for a more challenging draft, worthy of more skilled opponents, such as Fisher just pointed out.

Obviously, it also improves the payout structure for winners.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:16 pm

"I believe Greg made the decision based on his belief that it would make for a more challenging draft, worthy of more skilled opponents, such as Fisher just pointed out.

Obviously, it also improves the payout structure for winners."

I believe it was more to extend the regular season, and separate itself from the competition.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:39 pm

WCOFF's 11 game schedule is pretty short. Atleast in NFFC you have 13 weeks to attempt to either win best H2H record or gather enough points to aquire a spot in the championship round.

Previously I mentioned that NFFC should go bump up to 250k to overall champion but I think I will retract that and say that a $50k bump to $150,000 may be the right figure to attempt to make a stab at swaying away WCOFF market share.

In 2006, there are 322 teams in NFFC. With the bigger payout (50% increase), I think that figure could reach 35 full leagues which is 490 participants. The extra 200k+ in entry fee revenue would substantiate the $150,000 payout.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I would need someone to do the math, but is it possible to give the current 2006 payout percentage for the Main events for both NFFC & WCOFF ? Thank you.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I have to say, as a three year member of WCOFF, I had never seriously considered switching leagues until today. I've even been criticized on these boards for defending the WCOFF.

I'm going to be seriously looking at the NFFC in 2007.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:57 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
I would need someone to do the math, but is it possible to give the current 2006 payout percentage for the Main events for both NFFC & WCOFF ? Thank you. Just an FYI guys: I didn't say anything before this, but since someone mentioned that I was out of the office on Black Friday, I'll admit that I've been gone all week as my 7-year-old had surgery on her leg on Monday. We brought her home late Friday and all is well. I couldn't even use the Blackberry in the hospital, but trust me it lit up on the ride home yesterday. All is fine on the home front and my little one is a tough trooper. Tom was working from home yesterday and did follow what was going on.

As for payouts, our prize pool at 350 teams was 79 percent. We obviously were over 80 percent, which was never the plan. In 2004 when we settled at the $100,000 grand prize, we had to increase the overall payout percentage and we've stayed there since. I hope to be at 75 percent some day, just like we are for the NFBC. I don't know what the WCOFF is, but I know at the beginning the plan was 75 percent. Someone said something about 72 percent recently, but I don't know that for sure.

We'll see what the prize pool will be in 2007 by January. There are several things in the works that could help us before then as a lot is happening in the market right now. Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:12 am

Greg,

You guys are "FAIR, and you CARE", and that is why everyone keeps coming back. We all know you will do what is best for the NFFC and aren't looking out for yourselves.

I think Fi$her's proposition of raising the grand prize to 150K, mixed with the unfortunate incidents at WCOFF (not the customer service, as that appears to be lacking), KDS (or BBDS! ;) ), and the fact you draft BEFORE the season, is enough to send the NFFC through the roof next season!

Just my opinion of course, and am glad to hear all is well with your daughter. :D

[ November 04, 2006, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

KAPEFEAR2

Post by KAPEFEAR2 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:58 am

Greg,glad to hear everything is good at the homefront.That is #1..I dont think the ATLANTIC CITY.competition is even a ?You guy's are doing a gret job and are alway's around when we need you.Would $150,000 be great of course,but what would the scenerio be..All the suggestions are great,but put them in a collinder and sift out the best for the league..Give my best to your daughter and family and I'll be there in NY in Laborday Know matter what the facts are.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:05 am

I LOVE that $150,000 idea. We'll see how it all plays out this season and plan accordingly. We have a lot of things in the hopper right now and you guys know I'm always trying to reach out to potential partners and sponsors who can help us grow this event/contest. We'll see what the future brings.

Right now the main goal is getting a little girl back up on her feet in four more months. I do need to set my priorities, you know! :D Good luck everyone this weekend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius