Thoughts On Multiple Draft Dates For Main Events

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 am

The reason why I like the nffc better then the wcoff is I want to play the game for big $ that I feel I can win.
Wcoff bigger prize a lot more teams and playoff teams= way more of a crapshoot to win.
This is why I am against playoff expansion (except wild card teams should be expanded for those who deserve it)

That being said I am a 3year nffc vet who has to play wcoff this year due to being best man at a wedding :(

So I would love 1 other draft time but ONLY 1 as I and many others would probably hate to know the guy that won last year has 7 teams :confused:
and if there was 2 dates I probably would play twice and it wouldn't kill others chances, it would just kill their chances in that league ;)
2008 double playoffs!!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu May 21, 2009 7:39 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:
The reason why I like the nffc better then the wcoff is I want to play the game for big $ that I feel I can win.
Wcoff bigger prize a lot more teams and playoff teams= way more of a crapshoot to win.
This is why I am against playoff expansion (except wild card teams should be expanded for those who deserve it)

That being said I am a 3year nffc vet who has to play wcoff this year due to being best man at a wedding :(

So I would love 1 other draft time but ONLY 1 as I and many others would probably hate to know the guy that won last year has 7 teams :confused:
and if there was 2 dates I probably would play twice and it wouldn't kill others chances, it would just kill their chances in that league ;) Question? If there were a Sunday draft, would you have been able to draft on that day?

The answer to that question is why other Contests are going to more then one day and time. Of course there's other reasons as well. For me I know when I have to be free and clear of all weddings and trips. Everyone that knows me knows not to get married on Labor day weekend and any Football Sunday. It's really that easy.

John

[ May 21, 2009, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Who wants 30 of the top players in the game with multiple chances to win just to grow the overall pot? Russ, in your original post you stated that you didn't see a problem with game operators having two or more draft options. Have you come full circle since that initial post? ;) I know you can't do the mains this year, but always interested in your take on these matters. [/QUOTE]Greg,

I don't have a problem with the game operators doing what is within their right. If the top 30 (or so) players are funded to have multiple chances to win the big prize, then so be it.

I don't particularly prefer that, however.

And, late word today is that I may yet have a chance to participate in one or more of the Main Events. I had someone offer to split a team with me after reading my post and I also have a couple of private "investors" who might want to hop in and back my efforts. So, that's potentially good news!

My second post in this thread was just a suggestion on another way to grow the event with the "2 drafts for 1 money". With this idea, you would be limiting each person to physically drafting once in each, but then you'd be promoting the overall live draft experience for the drafter with the 2 for 1.

Kind of a "Fantasy (Football) Island"TM experience. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.