NBC Sports FFC Signup List For 2008

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:15 am

I can't answer that because I wasn't involved in the contractual issues that were negotiated between our company and NBC. If people are concerned about that, there's no reason to be in my opinion. We have run football and baseball events for five years and have always guaranteed our prize money. And with NBC as a partner that isn't anything to be concerned about in my opinion.

But if Greg sees this thread from NY perhaps he can chime in with more info.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 am

Tom, it's certainly a valid question, more than it is a concern of mine personally really.

I'm an optimist at heart, but if we don't make the 300+ entries, for budgeting purposes, I guess the second half of my question is... "Will our entry fee remain the same if the top prize is NOT guaranteed?"

[ April 24, 2008, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 am

I didn't say it wasn't a valid question. I said that based on our history there's no reason to believe the prize money won't be guaranteed. My boss is going to contact Greg in New York to see if this was just a clerical oversight.

The bottom line is there is no reason at this time to be concerned about the prize money changing. We've guaranteed our prize money in all of our events for five years. We have an outstanding track record in that regard and we did nothing to damage that credibility by joining forces with NBC.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:53 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I didn't say it wasn't a valid question.

I didn't say you did. Did I miss something here?

I said that based on our history there's no reason to believe the prize money won't be guaranteed.

That makes sense, but with it being a BRAND NEW contest, I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask if we don't hit our mark what happens to the top prize.

The bottom line is there is no reason at this time to be concerned about the prize money changing.

Like I said, you have my trust, and maybe a tiny part of me IS concerned, but like me, several of us have been burned recently so I'm sure you see where I'm coming from. The latest burn has me in a "If it's not in writing, I'm not buying." mood so I just wanted clarification.

We've guaranteed our prize money in all of our events for five years. We have an outstanding track record in that regard and we did nothing to damage that credibility by joining forces with NBC. Very true Tom, and I feel good with your companies backing, because AFFL had a history of paying too. Again, this is not about comparing you to AFFL, as you're LIGHT YEARS apart, it's just about asking a question to which there was no answer listed in the official rules rollout.

I hope, like you mentioned, that this was just a clerical issue and please don't take offense to my questions. I'm a paying customer needing a little clarification.

[ April 24, 2008, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 am

No offense was taken. Like I said, it's a valid question. Since Greg was more involved with the negotiation process than I was, I'll allow him to answer your question.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 am

Just heard from Greg: The prize money IS guaranteed for the NBC event just like it's guaranteed for all our events. Like I said, our track record in that regard is excellent.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:30 am

Scott, what are you asking here? The prize money is guaranteed, just like every other event we've run. We are listing every signup so you can see how we're doing. Again, the prize money is guaranteed.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:30 am

We now have two full leagues for the NBC event. Not bad for a couple days work and no registration page yet.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:35 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Scott, what are you asking here? The prize money is guaranteed, just like every other event we've run. We are listing every signup so you can see how we're doing. Again, the prize money is guaranteed. Tom completely understood what I was asking and answered my question. It was not in writing, so I'll just assume it was in error and wait for the correction to appear.

In fact, when you go to the rules you posted, it reads:

15. Prize Breakdown: {Are these correct?}

[ April 24, 2008, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:38 am

The bottom line is there should be NO reason for anyone to question whether the prize money is guaranteed for this event. It clearly is just like the prize money for all of our events has been guaranteed. This is the track record I spoke about earlier. This is a new event with NBC but we have a long history of providing guaranteed prize money to our participants in both baseball and football.

So if anyone was concerned about the prize money issue, then there's no reason for them to be concerned any longer. The question has been answered and now we move on and start to fill up League #3.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich