NFFC FAAB Deadline Update

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 am

Given these two choices, I would go with Friday. However, I would offer one suggestion: ONLY for the Thanksgiving week, make it a Wednesday 9pm ET deadline.

1. The NFL practice schedule is abbreviated that week, with very little info coming out on Thursday and Friday

2. NFFC owners are likely travelling or away on Friday, and may not have full access to computers, internet, etc.

3. Most importantly, a whopping SIX teams (GB, DET, MIA, DAL, SF, BAL) would be frozen out of free agency that week.

Again, the Wednesday deadline would ONLY be for Week 12 of the season. Every other week would keep the Friday 9pm ET deadline.

Thoughts? Bingo.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Given these two choices, I would go with Friday. However, I would offer one suggestion: ONLY for the Thanksgiving week, make it a Wednesday 9pm ET deadline.

1. The NFL practice schedule is abbreviated that week, with very little info coming out on Thursday and Friday

2. NFFC owners are likely travelling or away on Friday, and may not have full access to computers, internet, etc.

3. Most importantly, a whopping SIX teams (GB, DET, MIA, DAL, SF, BAL) would be frozen out of free agency that week.

Again, the Wednesday deadline would ONLY be for Week 12 of the season. Every other week would keep the Friday 9pm ET deadline.

Thoughts? Agreed!

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 am

Glad to see that KoQ's BRAIN didn't get lost with the other half of his body! :D

I concur.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm

YES.. a good idea by KoQ !

[ September 20, 2011, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Quahogs ]

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 pm

I prefer waivers once a week instead of twice a week. Yes, the entry fee price point is high but for most of us this is still a hobby, not a career.

I also prefer Friday waivers instead of Wednesday in Weeks 10-13. Not only are information and injury updates limited, but less than 48 hours is not enough time to to do all that is necessary to properly assess and post waiver bids.

I like KoQ's Thanksgiving idea as well. Pretty clever for a yankee...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Thoughts? This is so simple you may now be considered a brilliant man SIR! ;)

Please incorporate it THIS season if possible.

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 pm

I prefer Wednesday's for weeks 10-13 as Greg suggested. If we do Friday we are basically frozen out of waiver wire additions for the two Thursday teams playing & who knows if there could be a huge pick-up from one of those two teams from the Thursday game. And then we are prevented from even bidding on that player/players. Imagine the **** storm that hits when that happens. In a way, this creates a disadvantage to players who may have saved their FAAB money for later in the year. No players should be frozen out of FAAB bidding in a given week simply because people do not want to think about it on a Wednesday.

Additionally, no rule should ever be adopted that appeals to laziness and the lowest common denominator...(" I don't want to even begin thinking about waiver pick-ups on a Wednesday...") If you don't want to think about FAAB bidding on Wednesday then don't. But don't prevent those of us that do from possibly bidding on those players. If you don't want to think about it, go to your free 12 team Yahoo!/ESPN bubblegum leagues. There is plenty of information by Wednesday to make your roster decisions.

I am shocked by the overall agreement to just freeze us out of the Thursday game FAAB. Keep it on Wednesdays, Greg. Wednesday FAAB is not ideal because the NFL plays on Thursdays, thus this is the best of a less than ideal situation.
COZ

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

Thoughts? This is so simple you may now be considered a brilliant man SIR! ;)

Please incorporate it THIS season if possible.
[/QUOTE]great suggestion KOQ

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 pm

I like A and C. A if you cant work it out IT wise but C is the best.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Originally posted by COZ:
I prefer Wednesday's for weeks 10-13 as Greg suggested. If we do Friday we are basically frozen out of waiver wire additions for the two Thursday teams playing & who knows if there could be a huge pick-up from one of those two teams from the Thursday game. And then we are prevented from even bidding on that player/players. Imagine the **** storm that hits when that happens. In a way, this creates a disadvantage to players who may have saved their FAAB money for later in the year. No players should be frozen out of FAAB bidding in a given week simply because people do not want to think about it on a Wednesday.

Additionally, no rule should ever be adopted that appeals to laziness and the lowest common denominator...(" I don't want to even begin thinking about waiver pick-ups on a Wednesday...") If you don't want to think about FAAB bidding on Wednesday then don't. But don't prevent those of us that do from possibly bidding on those players. If you don't want to think about it, go to your free 12 team Yahoo!/ESPN bubblegum leagues. There is plenty of information by Wednesday to make your roster decisions.

I am shocked by the overall agreement to just freeze us out of the Thursday game FAAB. Keep it on Wednesdays, Greg. Wednesday FAAB is not ideal because the NFL plays on Thursdays, thus this is the best of a less than ideal situation. I don't like being frozen out of players, either. However, to me, this is all about making the most out of a poor situation.

I can sum it up in one run-on sentence: the additional information you will have in Weeks 10, 11 and 13 to make BETTER (i.e. more-informed) free agent pickups should more than offset the lost opportunity of missing out on the Thursday night players.