FANTASYJUNGLE....laughing off into the sunset???

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

I'll never be able to cover all the money that was stolen from those of you who played in FantasyJungle -- but I'll personally pay the entry into the NFFC Classic for Jared and let him play in a "REAL" contest where we will definitely pay our prize money.
Touch of class, Ryan! :D

I'm LOVING the way this Fanball merger is taking shape, and it has only been a little over a week! :D :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

I'll never be able to cover all the money that was stolen from those of you who played in FantasyJungle -- but I'll personally pay the entry into the NFFC Classic for Jared and let him play in a "REAL" contest where we will definitely pay our prize money.

I'm LOVING the way this Fanball merger is taking shape, and it has only been a little over a week! :D :D
[/QUOTE]Agreed, and please keep us posted. Nice work here.

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 am

Ryan, you get major kudo's for that generous act. Jared always brings a team to contend with. Don't put him in my league ! Playing on house money will only make him more dangerous.

lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 am

I was with the "Jungle" from the very start. Probably won around 20k there. Single handedly got me out of debt over a few years time. "Luckily" for me, I only won 1G last football season. Won 4G in baseball and really would be upset if I didn't get that. I emailed Mike a few times and he just said they were trying desperately to find a buyer. If they couldn't, they would have to claim bankruptcy and only pay out what the company had in assets. (probably not much) Not sure where things stand now. They do know who is owed money but it might not even matter in the end.

Disposable Heroes

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 am

I as well was with the Jungle from the start in 2003 when they opened. One of the original 72 members and I played multiple teams there every year. I took the max 4 main event teams every season and played in several sat's a year I was in about 15-20 leagues of thiers the last few years. Those $50 and $100 sat's were really great and I loved them I will miss those the most. Looks like I am out $3,500 but not much you can do about it. I was also with Sportsbuff back in 2000 or whatever year it was when they went under and lost money there too. So now I am here looking for another good contest and one that won't go under hopefully. I used to talk to Mike and Scott alot and they were always great so something really bad must have happened because I don't think they would have just taken the money and ran. Their business was growing every year getting more and more people it is a shame that this happened.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Henry -- well thanks for finding us and giving us an opportunity to help you enjoy your Sunday's throughout the NFL season.

We are all excited!

Can you tell?

I'm not going to let Fantasy Jungle spoil the work Greg and his group have put in to build this contest. We aren't going anywhere and Fanball / NFFC / NFBC is going to be around for a LONG time.
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

[/QUOTE]Agreed, and please keep us posted. Nice work here.
[/QUOTE]Ditto what the others are saying. :D

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 am

UPDATE --

I just got off the phone with the lawyer involved in this case -- and we are making progress.

Trying to get this wrapped up and let these guys have a chance at the glory.

Will update you all later today!
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston