Greg Ambrosius

RvB - SPANS THE GLOBE tonight!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Originally posted by Guinness Stingers:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
[qb] http://url4t.com/1AD

Things are heating up gang!

Unfortunately, the bad news keeps rolling in.

The AFFL has announced they will be OPEN for business in 2010. Their grand prize winner and countless others have significant winnings yet to be paid!

PLUS, the FFOC situation just won't go away. More news is breaking and it's not good for those winners. The late arrivals are pouring in with emails wondering what just happened.

We'll be drawing for some draft slots for some prominent leagues and hopefully we'll find the time to squeeze in some DRAFT SLOT STRATEGY.

11PM EST! TONIGHT! Well Scott, I didn't listen to your show last night but it's good to see that you got the other board all fired up about the FFOC again. And I see that ol' venerable David Dodds is now throwing out all kinds of accusations that he doesn't have any common sense about. This is the same David Dodds who emailed me and Ryan telling us we should leave the 12-team online space because we had no chance against them. And in return their new venture wouldn't enter the 14-team contest area in the future. Sheesh. Go crazy Double-D, go crazy.

You know, I've talked with a lot of the former FFOC players this week and this is a great, great group of fantasy players who are looking for another alternative game this year, one that will pay off their prizes and provide them with a competitive playing field. We are getting all kinds of crossover play right now and you can see it with our Online Championship signups. We have over 210 teams registered right now and we're going to hit 600, I can tell. These folks want to play again in 2010 and I'm glad we're able to reach out to them and talk with them.

I wish all of the free entries had been paid by FFOC's owners too, but that game has left. There is no FFOC in 2010. We sure wish they would have returned too as it was a part of our back-end business, just like the other contests are for RT Sports. But we have our own contests to run and hopefully we can provide an area for these players to compete in.

And as DD knows, he can email me or Ryan with any of those questions if he wants. He certainly knows how to get a hold of us, as do you Scott.
[/QUOTE]Greg, how about answering this question that was posted.

Greg Ambrosius
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted July 16, 2010 09:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Greg, did you happen to ask Detsinh if in fact he was paid his full $300,000 and has he been promised the other $700,000? Players want to know.

Thanks!
Scott, I didn't think there was an issue with any of the Las Vegas entrants getting paid, including the grand prize winner. I don't think there's any issue with Detsinh. We're glad to have him in the NFFC and with Fanball, competing in this online format. Maybe he will be the first one to win two national contests. Someone has to be the first to do it and maybe Detsinh will be the one.

--------------------
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Posts: 11928 | From: Iola, WI | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged |

Being part owner and w/all the controversy surrounding ffoc and fanball , you go online stating that the million dollar winner has joined NFFC but you don't know if he was paid. Please!!!!! I played ffoc both years, ffoc/stan misthios and fanball owe me the price of 8 Tier 1 and 13 Q-School teams that I won.I also find it interesting that not all ffoc players received your e-mail. Did you omit the ones already registered here? It's interesting that the e-mails and the announcement of the million dollar winner coincided . Did you reach out to him? Did he receive any type of free games ? The only way to resolve the controversy is to answer the questions and not dodge them. [/QUOTE]Did I ask Destinh if he was paid? No, he responded to our FFOC email and signed up online, taking advantage of our promotional offer. He's a paying customer like everyone else in our game. I wasn't with the group in Las Vegas, but I'm sure he was paid what he was owed just like all of the other Las Vegas winners.

I'm not an owner of Fanball, just an employee. Again, if you have issue with your free entries contact Stan and the other FFOC owners. Fanball was the back-end provider and did everything they were contracted to do.

As Ryan stated, the vast majority of players in the FFOC came through CDM/Fanball and the two companies co-owned the list. It would have been foolish for Fanball to help FFOC grow its business and not have access to their own customers. Those are Fanball's customers as well and we emailed those customers in two separate emails. Thanks for posting the email here for anyone who didn't get it.

Yes, we want to give those customers an alternative game to play this year and so far they have responded positively and with many signups. They are joining the NFFC strongly and we're glad that they are. I've talked to many of these folks and explained Fanball's role with FFOC and many are very appreciative of our discussion. Most join shortly after we talk and some have even joined our live events.

Do you have any other questions for us?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
....I also find it interesting that not all ffoc players received your e-mail. Did you omit the ones already registered here? It's interesting that the e-mails and the announcement of the million dollar winner coincided ....

What email did ffoc players receive? Anyone? No, we didn't omit any players on purpose Joe. We sent an email out on Wednesday night and another one on Thursday night. I think they were partial lists. I hope we sent this offer to all past players and if we didn't I'll see why. Again, the email has had great success as far as giving folks a person to contact (me) if they have any questions and a new contest to join if they want to play a solid contest.

It's funny, when talking to these guys they are glad that 1) we don't use a QB in the Flex!!; 2) that the NFFC uses PPR, especially only a half-point per reception for RBs; 3) and they seem to like KDS/3RR. Talking on the phone with these folks has been great for me, too. These are the type of passionate players we want in the NFFC and we also want them to play in a game that will pay out all prizes at season's end. And I know the folks I've talked to are going to be very good competitors for all of our die-hard veteran NFFC players.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 pm

As others have said many times, none of this is good for the high-stakes space but it's certainly not coming from us. When I started the NFFC in 2004, I never once said a bad word about the WCOFF or Lenny and Emil. In fact, I have often praised them for breaking the ground that allowed me to enter this space. I wish we could have formed a partnership in 2002 when we tried, but my former company was in the process of being sold at the time and we couldn't work it out.

Lenny, Emil and I have always remained cordial to each other and I think we all agreed that this market was big enough for at least two games in this space. Heck, I've always been an advocate of continuing to grow the fantasy sports market, not trying to grab someone else's market share. The goal for all of us is to bring in more new members each year and continue to grow the visibility of this space and the number of players in this space. If that happens, heck, there could be a dozen high-stakes games that are successful, not just one or two or three.

As Ryan stated, we are totally concentrated on growing the NFBC, NFFC and NFBBC. We watch the competition, but honestly it looks like all games are doing well. And we should all be ready to protect our players, pay our prizes on time and provide first-rate customer service. If we all do that, why can't we all succeed?

But there's a vindicative agenda with one of the contests and it's so apparent that everyone can see it. And at times we have to defend ourselves. The fact that we sent out an email to past CDM and FFOC customers and had to defend ourselves for it because David Dodds, Scott and others thought it was not right is silly. Many of these customers were happy to have an alternative game to play in and thanked us for reaching out to them.

Hopefully this is the end of it and everyone just worries about having their own games succeed. But I'm sure this isn't the last of it. I'm sure someone else will want to get the last word on this.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey Greg, I've been gone all day with the family and I return to this. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise considering the damage that the FFOC guys have caused.

Let me just state on the record, that I make zero apologies for my role as an advocate for fantasy players. My main responsibility, as the head of the newly founded Fantasy Players Association whether I enjoy it or not, is to look out for player interests, not yours. Now that doesn't mean we're enemies in the slightest Greg, but it might mean that occasionally, we won’t always be the best of friends. And this will NOT be exclusive to you or Fanball.

Strictly, from a personal standpoint, I'll be the first to admit it's been more than a little tough for me to deal with all this. It’s bad enough I wake up every morning and read several sad stories in my inbox to start the day. Now add to that my conversation with Wade from AFFL and my blood is boiling at about 120°. I seriously challenge anybody to handle it better. I welcome the help too, but it's a role that I've accepted. It's on my shoulders and I'll deal with it. How do they say it, “not complainin’ just explainin’”?

As I said on the show last night, I can't do it alone, which is why I implored the players to do the talking, not me. The FPA is in its infancy and is virtually powerless to do anything about this mess. Only the PLAYERS hold the power. I want to get back to training camps, ADPs, draft slot strategy, blind bidding, profiling the great players, picking their brains and the like, but serious business comes first and players not being paid is priority #1 for me and our board.

As to your questions about an "agenda", I'm a little shocked you can't remember our conversation from Thursday evening, but I know you have alot going on and a ton is on your shoulders too. I had a blast on Sirius radio, thank you.

On Thursday afternoon, you phoned my office immediately after I posted the message inquiring about the FFOC Grand Prize winner and you stated to me then, that you're pretty sure that he had some "good news" about the 700k. Now that’s encouraging, but still very puzzling why he hasn't returned a single email from me over the past few months.

In that conversation I also made it a point to share with you my frustrations about receiving all these emails and I told you about "the email" that was really bothering me the most, the one where an offer was made for all the CASH winners to be offered almost TWICE as much in FREE entries tax free. An offer to most of us that sounded "too good to be true".. and well, sure enough, it was.

At the time I hadn't seen the letter but was waiting for a copy to be sent to me. I told you about it and you sounded surprised to hear of it. Remember? In fact you said, "I'd like to see this letter, because I sure don't think it was from anybody here at Fanball." Well buddy, I have it so here it is:

http://www.posterwall.com/attachment.ph ... 1279415509

In it, a former Fanball representative Carol Matthews, is the one making the offer.
Incriminating? Maybe, but I'm not sure it looks much worse than any of the rest of the connections. What I am sure of is that we can't go to Carol for the answers as she was fired from your company. Who took her place? I remember seeing an article on fantasysportsbusiness.com that stated Ryan was promoted. Maybe he can shed light on this offer.

When Ryan states:

"FFOC legal group stated this in their shutdown notice and have handled every aspect of paying off all customers who chose entries over $. We discussed this -- provided them a list of all customers who did this and everyone who is due money - to the best of my knowledge has been paid by the legal group overlooking the contest."

If this is true, then please help me help these players. Give me some direction to point these guys towards payment if that's what you're seeing and hearing!

In the last 10 days, nearly 20 former FFOC players have poured in with FPA emails. Why? Because they had absolutely no clue what was going on. They were totally blindsided. They're ready for training camps so they get on their computer and head on over to FFOC.com and bam, they get a NOT FOUND message. They then GOOGLE ffoc and a few posts down, they find the FantasyPlayersAssociation.com. They then EMAIL us and ask what the heck is going on? Try having this conversation with your morning coffee. It's sad, because according to them, after they went to the site and signed up for the free entries, they've been kept in the complete dark.

I'm sorry your contest is wrapped up in this mess Greg, really I am, but unfortunately, it just is through so many points it's impossible not to be. I in no way have what you call a vindictive agenda, and I hope you get a chance to listen to the last 30 minutes of the podcast. Not from my part sir. I'm pissed, and rightfully so as these players deserve to be paid their winnings. These players aren't rich like some of the high stakes players, where 100, 200 or 500 is a spit in the bucket. It's a lot of money and it's a damn shame to see this all go down. Also for the record, I had no issue with your discount email, it’s a nice gesture and good strategy considering Fanball is stating it bears no responsibility.

I want to see this worked out for everyone, including you Greg, and I know your stance, so you don't have to repeat it here, but when I talk about it on Red vs Blue, it's my job. I didn't state anything but the facts and on a personal note, how it makes me feel. I'm sorry that isn't working out for you guys right now because there's too many other good things we could be talking about. Maybe this is one of those times we won't be the best of friends. Maybe we're even on opposite sides, but just realize, the side I'm standing on, is with the guys that have yet to see a dime from anyone.

Thanks for the sounding board.
POWER to the PLAYERS!

[ July 18, 2010, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Guinness Stingers

Post by Guinness Stingers » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm

quote:Originally posted by Guinness Stingers:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
[qb] http://url4t.com/1AD

Things are heating up gang!

Unfortunately, the bad news keeps rolling in.

The AFFL has announced they will be OPEN for business in 2010. Their grand prize winner and countless others have significant winnings yet to be paid!

PLUS, the FFOC situation just won't go away. More news is breaking and it's not good for those winners. The late arrivals are pouring in with emails wondering what just happened.

We'll be drawing for some draft slots for some prominent leagues and hopefully we'll find the time to squeeze in some DRAFT SLOT STRATEGY.

11PM EST! TONIGHT! Well Scott, I didn't listen to your show last night but it's good to see that you got the other board all fired up about the FFOC again. And I see that ol' venerable David Dodds is now throwing out all kinds of accusations that he doesn't have any common sense about. This is the same David Dodds who emailed me and Ryan telling us we should leave the 12-team online space because we had no chance against them. And in return their new venture wouldn't enter the 14-team contest area in the future. Sheesh. Go crazy Double-D, go crazy.

You know, I've talked with a lot of the former FFOC players this week and this is a great, great group of fantasy players who are looking for another alternative game this year, one that will pay off their prizes and provide them with a competitive playing field. We are getting all kinds of crossover play right now and you can see it with our Online Championship signups. We have over 210 teams registered right now and we're going to hit 600, I can tell. These folks want to play again in 2010 and I'm glad we're able to reach out to them and talk with them.

I wish all of the free entries had been paid by FFOC's owners too, but that game has left. There is no FFOC in 2010. We sure wish they would have returned too as it was a part of our back-end business, just like the other contests are for RT Sports. But we have our own contests to run and hopefully we can provide an area for these players to compete in.

And as DD knows, he can email me or Ryan with any of those questions if he wants. He certainly knows how to get a hold of us, as do you Scott.
[/QUOTE]Greg, how about answering this question that was posted.

Greg Ambrosius
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted July 16, 2010 09:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
quote:

Greg, did you happen to ask Detsinh if in fact he was paid his full $300,000 and has he been promised the other $700,000? Players want to know.

Thanks!
Scott, I didn't think there was an issue with any of the Las Vegas entrants getting paid, including the grand prize winner. I don't think there's any issue with Detsinh. We're glad to have him in the NFFC and with Fanball, competing in this online format. Maybe he will be the first one to win two national contests. Someone has to be the first to do it and maybe Detsinh will be the one.

--------------------
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Posts: 11928 | From: Iola, WI | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged |

Being part owner and w/all the controversy surrounding ffoc and fanball , you go online stating that the million dollar winner has joined NFFC but you don't know if he was paid. Please!!!!! I played ffoc both years, ffoc/stan misthios and fanball owe me the price of 8 Tier 1 and 13 Q-School teams that I won.I also find it interesting that not all ffoc players received your e-mail. Did you omit the ones already registered here? It's interesting that the e-mails and the announcement of the million dollar winner coincided . Did you reach out to him? Did he receive any type of free games ? The only way to resolve the controversy is to answer the questions and not dodge them. [/QUOTE]Did I ask Destinh if he was paid? No, he responded to our FFOC email and signed up online, taking advantage of our promotional offer. He's a paying customer like everyone else in our game. I wasn't with the group in Las Vegas, but I'm sure he was paid what he was owed just like all of the other Las Vegas winners.

I'm not an owner of Fanball, just an employee. Again, if you have issue with your free entries contact Stan and the other FFOC owners. Fanball was the back-end provider and did everything they were contracted to do.

As Ryan stated, the vast majority of players in the FFOC came through CDM/Fanball and the two companies co-owned the list. It would have been foolish for Fanball to help FFOC grow its business and not have access to their own customers. Those are Fanball's customers as well and we emailed those customers in two separate emails. Thanks for posting the email here for anyone who didn't get it.

Yes, we want to give those customers an alternative game to play this year and so far they have responded positively and with many signups. They are joining the NFFC strongly and we're glad that they are. I've talked to many of these folks and explained Fanball's role with FFOC and many are very appreciative of our discussion. Most join shortly after we talk and some have even joined our live events.

Do you have any other questions for us?
[/QUOTE]You didn't ask him but you assumed that he was paid.I have 27 years in the NYS Prison system, 19 as a supervisor save your BS for someone else.In your assumption did his partial check bounce like others did? He's a paying customer at a lesser expense than your regulars. You try and draw ffoc players that were screwed by ffoc and fanball and at the same time don't offer your own players the same discount.I quit playing cdm sports years ago only to have fanball buy up every game and ruin it.I found ffoc on my own fanball had no part of it. I've been in cdm/fanball data base the 90's. That wasn't my e-mail that I posted. I had to request it from another ffoc player after I became aware that it existed. So why didn't I get an e-mail ? Is it because I'm already registered here? So no need to offer a discount? I didn't know you were only an employee. So you sold complete ownership and now are an ideal employee? I was giving nffc the benefit of a doubt for I thought that you had partnered w/fanball and that you still had control of this game. Ryan? He's a friend of stan misthios on facebook. Other questions? You still haven't answered the ones already asked.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 am

Scott, thanks for the post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anyone who chose to take a free entry instead of cash from the offer you mention had the right to get paid through the Florida law firm that FFOC posted on its board when it announced that it was not returning in 2010. I believe there were 130+ people who could receive the cash they won that they chose a free team instead. So if you want to help those players, send them to that law firm. I don't know if the offer is still valid, but that's where I would send those players and FFOC said they would get the prize money they won.

Again, I applaud your role as an advocate for the players. You can help those players who didn't get paid the cash they won by giving them the contact at the law firm in Florida. We're both committed to protecting the players as I was doing what you are doing now a decade ago as the president and a founding member of the Fantasy Sports Players Association. None of us want to see any contest not pay out prizes, but the focus seems to be on Fanball not the owners of FFOC. As president of the FPA, ask them why they chose not to pay cash value of the free entries.

And then ask them what role they contracted Fanball for during their two years of existence. Fanball did everything they were contracted to do with the game as the vendor they chose. Nothing more. And if folks don't believe that was their only role in that game we can't do any more. Let the spin continue.

Good luck with the FPA Scott. Unfortunately we still need an advocacy group, which is why we started the FSPA in 1999. It's sad to say that our industry has regressed, not progressed, since that time when it comes to companies paying out prizes in full. But I know that Fanball has always paid their prizes in full and so has the NFFC/NFBC and nothing will change in that regard in the future. Again, good luck to all.

[ July 18, 2010, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:25 am

Guinness, Detsinh has been paid his initial winnings or I'm sure we would have heard from him. I'm not sure what else to say.

I never owned the NFFC or NFBC. I came up with the idea as an employee of an employee-owned company. That's what we did as ESOP members: We tried to grow the value of our company. My company was later sold to a company that one day sold the fantasy sports division I helped build to Fanball. So I never profited, other than to see our company stock go through the roof. I'm just an employee of Fanball, just like I was an employee of Krause Publications. I just love this job so much it looks like I own this stuff. :D

I have as much control of this game as I had before. I still have to answer to a management team that gives approval or disapproval to my many crazy ideas. Nothing really has changed here, other than we are now in a MUCH better position to succeed with Fanball. We now have a huge data base of fantasy players to market to, we own our own back-end system and we have a huge staff to run our many live drafts. There are so many benefits now to be part of Fanball.

As Ryan said, Fanball runs the back-end for other contests as well. If those major companies don't pay off the prizes, is Fanball responsible? No. Was FootballGuys.com at fault for taking advertising revenue from FFOC or any other contest that doesn't pay off the prizes? No. Is RT Sports guaranteeing the prize money of FFPC and WCOFF this year? Of course not, they are just the back-end provider. That was Fanball's role with FFOC, albeit an expanded role because Poised To Stomp was not a U.S. company, and nothing more. Others won't believe that no matter what we say, but that's the facts.

Again, good luck to you Guinness and I think we've covered all areas of this topic. KJ Duke probably summed it up best on the other boards, but nobody will believe him either. Now it's time to move on and hopefully all three high-stakes contests succeed in 2010. We'll all need it with the labor dispute on the horizon for 2011.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:12 am

I am owed $500 from Fantasy Jungle. Greg, if the fellas at Fanball are in a giving mood, I'd love an equal credit here. Heck, a partial credit would be just fine. :D

In all seriousness, I don't have the time to follow this mess all over the boards. I wish the focus were solely on football. This is the least excited I've been towards the fantasy season since I started playing 20 years ago.

Scott, not sure it's good to mix the FPA with the RvB since they're 2 separate entities. $0.02

Good luck to all events this year that pay the prize money.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:17 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I am owed $500 from Fantasy Jungle. Greg, if the fellas at Fanball are in a giving mood, I'd love an equal credit here. Heck, a partial credit would be just fine. :D
Yeah Russ, that's a great comparison. I know folks want Fanball to pay off FFOC's prizes because we ran the back-end, but others took advertising money and they're not being asked to chip in. As you know, we ALL lose when contests don't pay in full. But it's not on us to pay others' prizes.

Good luck Russ and quit working so hard!! That seems to get in the way of fantasy football. :D

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 am

Does the globe include the AFFL?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL