3-City Grudge Match

TamuScarecrow

3-City Grudge Match

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Prayers are with you from my troops, SNAKE. Don't know what has befallen Little Snake, but rooting for the best for all in the SNAKE family. For all of the good, bad, and ugly over the past 5 years, there is never a short supply of comradarie on these boards for those with a passion for the game.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
Seriously...you are right. We will draw out each city. 1st one drawn out gets picks 1,4,7,10,13

2nd one drawn out gets picks 2,5,8,11,14

3rd one drawn out gets picks 3,6,9,12,15

Atfer that owners will be randomly drawn and put in the highest available slot for the city they represent.
You guys should really flatten out the disparity in draft spots.....you have Team 1 repeatedly getting the first pick in each group....why not try
Team 1 = 1,6,9,12,13
Team 2 = 2,5,7,11,15
Team 3 = 3,4,8,10,14 [/QUOTE]I agree one team shouldn't get the first pick in each section.

Put all three cities in a hat and select. If for example if it is NY-1, Vegas-2, Chicago-3, then 4-6 will be Vegas, Chicago, NY, etc. (as each slides up one).

Then put all the participants into their respective cities and pick one name from each.

The first person selected in each city selects in the 1-3, the second person selected the 4-6, etc.

For this specifically, it would be cool to give the teams a 48 hour window to trade their draft spots amongst their team to set up "strategy" (without knowing what the other cities are doing).

Just some thoughts.
[/QUOTE]Honestly this stuff simply isn't important and we have our format so there really is no time for discussion.

If it were true that the choice spots were 1-15 straight up then maybe theres a point to be made but thats not the case so its more important to keep equal spacing between the cities.

We did it exactly this way the last time and had no problems or complaints.

Forgive my impatience but I just get annoyed with people trying to build a better mousetrap with ideas that weren't theirs to begin with.

The rules are stated. It will be fun for 15 players and those who don't like the rules don't have to play. ;)

Raiders

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Raiders » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
Seriously...you are right. We will draw out each city. 1st one drawn out gets picks 1,4,7,10,13

2nd one drawn out gets picks 2,5,8,11,14

3rd one drawn out gets picks 3,6,9,12,15

Atfer that owners will be randomly drawn and put in the highest available slot for the city they represent.
You guys should really flatten out the disparity in draft spots.....you have Team 1 repeatedly getting the first pick in each group....why not try
Team 1 = 1,6,9,12,13
Team 2 = 2,5,7,11,15
Team 3 = 3,4,8,10,14 [/QUOTE]I agree one team shouldn't get the first pick in each section.

Put all three cities in a hat and select. If for example if it is NY-1, Vegas-2, Chicago-3, then 4-6 will be Vegas, Chicago, NY, etc. (as each slides up one).

Then put all the participants into their respective cities and pick one name from each.

The first person selected in each city selects in the 1-3, the second person selected the 4-6, etc.

For this specifically, it would be cool to give the teams a 48 hour window to trade their draft spots amongst their team to set up "strategy" (without knowing what the other cities are doing).

Just some thoughts.
[/QUOTE]Honestly this stuff simply isn't important and we have our format so there really is no time for discussion.

If it were true that the choice spots were 1-15 straight up then maybe theres a point to be made but thats not the case so its more important to keep equal spacing between the cities.

We did it exactly this way the last time and had no problems or complaints.

Forgive my impatience but I just get annoyed with people trying to build a better mousetrap with ideas that weren't theirs to begin with.

The rules are stated. It will be fun for 15 players and those who don't like the rules don't have to play. ;)
[/QUOTE]ChiTown players need all the help they can get.

John

kapefear

3-City Grudge Match

Post by kapefear » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Hey......Helps on the way if still needed in NY....cOUNT ME IN...

Route Collectors

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:ChiTown players need all the help they can get.

John [/QB][/QUOTE]Are you playing John? This is not a spectator sport!

Glenneration X

3-City Grudge Match

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am

Originally posted by Popcorn Maker:
thanks RedRyder!

Wow..GK and billyWaz really went at it on that thread for like 20 pages. haha BillyWaz vs. Snake
Snake vs. the Field
Gekko vs. RI Workhorse
....and who is Nag?

An interesting read (well for the first dozen or so pages....no way I was going through 130+/- pages of that). The only thing missing was an octagon and a ref.

I guess I now understand what Greg was referring to when he made his new Message Board Etiquette rules.....didn't really understand why they were needed prior to reading this archive since everything I had seen here was tame up to this point.

Personally, I enjoy a bit of Message Board feuding, spices things up a bit. Seems like the old days were the Wild Wild West, while today its more like Little House on the Prairie. I guess the majority prefers the peace & quiet and that's OK too.

Good luck with this contest.....looks like lots of fun.....and GO NEW YORK!

Glenn

cdavault

3-City Grudge Match

Post by cdavault » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 am

Maybe there should be a saloon for those who want to get rowdy and when one wants some down time they can wander out to the peaceful Prairie.

haha

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Popcorn Maker:
thanks RedRyder!

Wow..GK and billyWaz really went at it on that thread for like 20 pages. haha BillyWaz vs. Snake
Snake vs. the Field
Gekko vs. RI Workhorse
....and who is Nag?

An interesting read (well for the first dozen or so pages....no way I was going through 130+/- pages of that). The only thing missing was an octagon and a ref.

I guess I now understand what Greg was referring to when he made his new Message Board Etiquette rules.....didn't really understand why they were needed prior to reading this archive since everything I had seen here was tame up to this point.

Personally, I enjoy a bit of Message Board feuding, spices things up a bit. Seems like the old days were the Wild Wild West, while today its more like Little House on the Prairie. I guess the majority prefers the peace & quiet and that's OK too.

Good luck with this contest.....looks like lots of fun.....and GO NEW YORK!

Glenn
[/QUOTE]

GOD Loves You

3-City Grudge Match

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Since I am the defending champ, I want in! GO TEAM VEGAS! I'm still cursing Carnell Williams about this! Really wanted Westy, took Caddy this one time only and it cost me the title. :(

Since Chi-town doesn't want one of their best players returning, I say go Vegas!

And Rick, be sure to draft your team.....have Gerard stay as far away as possible. :D

Have funs guys, loved the concept.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

RedRyder

3-City Grudge Match

Post by RedRyder » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:32 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
Since I am the defending champ, I want in! GO TEAM VEGAS! I'm still cursing Carnell Williams about this! Really wanted Westy, took Caddy this one time only and it cost me the title. :(

Since Chi-town doesn't want one of their best players returning, I say go Vegas!

And Rick, be sure to draft your team.....have Gerard stay as far away as possible. :D

Have funs guys, loved the concept.
[/QUOTE]Caddy, there is a name from the past! I'm guessing you were a FF Champs subscriber back then...wasn't that the year they had him as the 4th best RB...
@RedRyder

RedRyder

3-City Grudge Match

Post by RedRyder » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:36 am

And WOW, what up EAST COAST? One NYer in the house...sad.

Hey Chi-town, maybe we should just do 2 city GRUDGE...we could expand our teams...looks like it will be between us anyway, unless of course NY manages to find a few more Gamers.
@RedRyder