Who's Coming To The NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:25 am

I feel bad about this, but I just created the first divorce in the NFFC. Actually, I don't feel so bad as I forced this divorce in the NFBC as well. Here's the facts: Will Robertson and Pete Lukowicz were signed up for the NFFC draft in New York, but seeing the pot odds we have now they've decided to go separate ways with Pete now grabbing his own team!!! They did the same thing during the last week in baseball and Pete tells me neither of them are making money right now. That's okay, they're having fun and Pete becomes the 50th NFBC owner to join us for football. We welcome Pete, who is from Manalapan, New Jersey to the NFFC as his own man and look forward to seeing both of you guys at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Thanks for trusting in us guys and best of luck in the hunt for the league and overall prizes.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:53 am

Greg - The divorce is exactly what we needed. Will kept insisting on drafting a Kicker in round 1 and I insist that a Defense makes more sense!

In all honesty, the reduced number of overall teams trying for at least $100K was the deciding factor. If we end up with 15 or 17 leagues that means the odds of winning $100K (assuming you are top 2 in your league) drop to between 30-1 and 34-1. Hard to pass up that chance. Besides, we really do have different approaches to drafting, free agency and even lineups.

Can I have my $100K now or do I have to wait until the season ends?

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:36 pm

Rick Thomas of Franklin, West Virginia is already signed up for the NFFC's main event in Las Vegas, but he feels it's a good weekend to play two, so he's added the Draft Masters League to his shopping cart as well. Thanks Rick for joining that league, which should be a lot of fun. Remember that the Draft Masters League draft starts at 1 p.m. at the Flamingo. We now have 12 teams for that league, with two open spots left. Let's fill it up in the next day and pick those draft spots!!! That would get people talking!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:29 pm

Man, what a great night. Get ready to watch this thread.

Let's give it up for our latest NFFC signup as Bob Shustack of Annandale, New Jersey has officially jumped off the fence and dove into the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Bob has competed in the WCOFF before, but he liked the promixity of our event. He REALLY made me mad when he said he's been watching our threads for the last four months and didn't make a final decision until today. :mad: Man, those guys tick me off!! :rolleyes: Anyway, we're glad to officially have Bob in the NFFC and we wish him the best of luck in the hunt for the league and overall prizes. And Bob, seriously, thanks for putting your trust in us.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Here they come New York! Eddie Gillis has recruited another buddy to join the NFFC (God bless you, Eddie) as David Deterra of Jamestown, Rhode Island has signed up for the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Eddie said David is his arch-rival in a local fantasy baseball league as they've split the last 11 league titles and football is no different. We're going to show David a good time and get him back for baseball in the spring. Anyway, thanks for trusting in us David and best of luck in the hunt for the league and overall prizes.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:45 pm

Okay, now this one is special. Brian Maguire of Louisville, Kentucky has been looking and looking to play in a high-stakes fantasy football league and he has checked out a lot of sites recently. He came across ours and realized that he would be in Las Vegas for a business trip from Aug. 31-Sept. 3. As luck would have it, he's staying at the Flamingo, where the NFFC is! Brian still needs to change his flight plan and work out a few more details, but he's already asking to reserve a spot in the NFFC's main event in Las Vegas, the Draft Masters League and the Auction League! :D :D He would be the 13th team in the Draft Masters League, leaving one spot open and the second team in a new Auction League. Hmmmm, can we fill another one in Las Vegas? Anyway, I'll update Brian's situation by tomorrow, but this single guy doesn't need any approval on the home front, so I like his chances! :D Thanks for finding us Brian and let's get you in the Trifecta if we can.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:52 pm

The word of mouth is working. I can't officially announce this next one yet, but I will tomorrow. NFFC member Bill Ezzell has recruited a team for Las Vegas that wants in for the main draft, the Auction League and the Draft Masters League. That would get our second Auction League going forward even more and would fill the Draft Masters League, while getting us closer to 200 for the NFFC main event. Wow, what a couple of days. If this signup officially comes in, we may be picking the draft order of the Las Vegas Draft Masters League tomorrow. Stay tuned.

KW3

Post by KW3 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:04 pm

I just emailed Greg. I'm in the big game in Vegas. Look forward to meeting all of you on 9/3!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Any fencesitters best hurry. Time is running out. Don't get left behind. :(
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:31 pm

Kevin, you beat me to the boards. I had to make a deal with our latest signup as Kevin Wall of San Pedro, California said he would only get in the NFFC's main event at the Flamingo in Las Vegas if I got a TV set and had it turned to the Rutgers football game at 12:30 p.m. We had a TV set in Las Vegas during the baseball draft because it was during the NCAA tournament and I totally forgot to order a TV by the bar for football. I think I can get that done for you Kevin and several other owners will be happy for the request as they can check out the scores during breaks, beforehand and afterwards. It's my pleasure, even though renting a TV at the Flamingo costs about as much as a big-screen HDTV item I could buy! :mad:

It's my pleasure, though, so welcome to our GROWING NFFC family and best of luck in the hunt for the league and overall prizes. We're glad you decided to join.