NFL Lockout Thread

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Originally posted by KyThunder:
I have been involved in Union negotiations in the past. The rule from the union was to never accept the first agreement placed in front of them from the company. There was always the feeling the first proposed agreement was leaning too much toward the company, whether it was or not, so the union would vote it down and hold out for another "chip". Time was money for the company, so back to the table they would go. Not sure exactly who has the upper hand in this, but we'll surely find out by Tuesday. Isnt this the 3rd or 4th proposal the owners submitted to the players though?

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:31 am

*A double dip recession qualifies as a "Depression". The government has avoided the big D word for awhile now.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Diesel » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:34 am

Canton Ohio lost 1.5 million dollars when the Hall of Fame game was canceled. There's no other way to say this...The players are responsible for this, and every penny lost (or job lost) due to this situation now.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Shrink Attack

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:01 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Canton Ohio lost 1.5 million dollars when the Hall of Fame game was canceled. There's no other way to say this...The players are responsible for this, and every penny lost (or job lost) due to this situation now. You must be mistaking the players for people who give a sh*t.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Erok

NFL Lockout Thread

Post by Erok » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 am

FINALLY!!!

Amen. Put this thread to rest!