Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:02 am

The interview with mcgahee after the game shed a little light on a few things.
Reporter Tim Tebow is 5-1
mcgahee (all right now its just not tim Tebow
R: as a starter he is 5 and 1
M: oh yeah thats great he can be 5 and 1, its a team thing he cant do it without the defense.This is a team sport and I am going to congratulate him but he cant do it without the 52 other players.
end of interview
I wonder if some of the other players are upset for him getting all the recognition ?That might be the one thing that can tear a team apart.
what vince youngs stats in his first season compared to Tim Tebows?
I know he wasnt a good thrower but it seems Tenn. was finding a way to win with him under center also.

[ November 28, 2011, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Who? ]

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
Greg makes great points above. The Denver D has just as much, if not more to do with this current streak than Tebow does. They are keeping their team in games where Tebow and the offense goes extremely lengthy stretches without producing anything at all. For the Denver offense to go roughly 29 minutes on the road without producing a single score and still being in the game speaks volumes about how well their D has been.

However, with that being said that was against what has become an extremely mediocre Chargers team who continue to be out played and out coached for six consecutive games. If the Broncos offense has stretches that are that poor against some of the top teams in their conference, the will be down 20 points and I'm not sure Tebow can bring his team back in those scenarios.

Chalk another victory up for the kid though. You miss the point . The Denver defense is better BECAUSE Tebow leads time consuming drives, which keeps the defense off the field and rested. Orton would throw picks and they would be back on the field. It;s the same personnel they had before.

So Tebow is responsible for the defense playing better. No matter what he does you seem to find something else to say he cant do . And he already led some 20 point comebacks last year.

As Tom would say... TEBOW!

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
[QUOTE]He will absolutely be the starter for the Denver Broncos. Write it down. Al,

I am not so sure. The NFL is a win now league. Each season is mutually exclusive from the previous. I think that everyone sees there are glaring limitations in Tebow's abilities as a passing QB. For the Broncos to go into next season with Tebow as their starting QB they will have to install an offense tailored to his unique style of play... A style of play no one else can play meaning if he got hurt (which is likely being a running QB) they would be trapped. They would have to draft with personnel in mind to fit this new unique option scheme. They would struggle to attract free agent receivers who will want to be involved in an active passing game.

I am not sure the Broncos are prepared to make that kind of commitment especially since the current leadership did not draft Tebow.

I like the kid... I sat and watched that Bronco-Chargers game and rooted hard for him even though I had Vincent Jackson on the other team in fantasy. I just question if he will have a starting job next season as a QB.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
Greg makes great points above. The Denver D has just as much, if not more to do with this current streak than Tebow does. They are keeping their team in games where Tebow and the offense goes extremely lengthy stretches without producing anything at all. For the Denver offense to go roughly 29 minutes on the road without producing a single score and still being in the game speaks volumes about how well their D has been.

However, with that being said that was against what has become an extremely mediocre Chargers team who continue to be out played and out coached for six consecutive games. If the Broncos offense has stretches that are that poor against some of the top teams in their conference, the will be down 20 points and I'm not sure Tebow can bring his team back in those scenarios.

Chalk another victory up for the kid though. You miss the point . The Denver defense is better BECAUSE Tebow leads time consuming drives, which keeps the defense off the field and rested. Orton would throw picks and they would be back on the field. It;s the same personnel they had before.

So Tebow is responsible for the defense playing better. No matter what he does you seem to find something else to say he cant do . And he already led some 20 point comebacks last year.

As Tom would say... TEBOW!
[/QUOTE]Seriously? Are you watching the same games that I am? I see an awful lot of three and outs and the Denver punter on the field way too much for Tebow to be leading that many time consuming drives that help his defense out.

The Broncos actually only had the ball for 27 mins against the Jets and punted 8 times. Yesterday they actually split the time of possession with the Chargers and had 9 punts.

The Defense is keeping the Broncos in games while their offense struggles for huge portions of the game. I believe with just over two minutes left in yesterday's first half, Tebow had completed only one pass. He did help lead his team down the field for TD in the last minute of the half but I would have to argue that completing only one pass through 28 minutes of a half is in any way benefiting the Denver defense.

Looks like some players in the Denver locker room also believe that Tebow may be getting too much credit for the team's recent success. The entire team is finding ways to win games. There is no way you can place this entirely on Tim Tebow.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:24 am

I see an awful lot of three and outs In fairness to Tebow, there were some bad third-down drops by his receivers against the Chargers. He made some good throws that would've kept drives going but his receivers didn't come through.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
I see an awful lot of three and outs In fairness to Tebow, there were some bad third-down drops by his receivers against the Chargers. He made some good throws that would've kept drives going but his receivers didn't come through. [/QUOTE]You're right Tom, there has been a few of those. I'm sure there has also been some missed blocking assignments and miss reads by Tebow himself. Every team in the league encounters these things.

The Broncos as a team are playing well. I just have a huge issue with the statement that Tebow is the reason the Denver defense is playing well. Completing less than 50% of your throws doesn't scream long sustained drives.

It's been a collective effort. Eddie Royal had a big punt return in yesterday's game. What's next, is someone going to tell me that Tebow in some way influenced that?

[ November 28, 2011, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: CoMoHusker ]
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 am

Two points about Tebow that I think are quite significant and have proven to be critical to Denver's success:

1. He doesn't turn the ball over. He has an 8:1 TD:INT ratio. That's outstanding. By means of comparison, Aaron Rodgers has a 8.25:1. I'm obviously not saying Tebow is as good as Rodgers but when it comes to protecting the ball, Tebow's performing at an elite level.

2. Since the Detroit game he's rarely been sacked.

Tebow still isn't completing a respectable percentage of passes but he's not putting his defense in difficult positions via turnovers or sacks. So in that respect, I agree with Old School that Tebow has helped impact the Broncos' defensive improvement.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 am

It's been a collective effort. Eddie Royal had a big punt return in yesterday's game. What's next, is someone going to tell me that Tebow in some way influenced that? I don't think you need to be told something so obvious. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

HIROLLERJR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by HIROLLERJR » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 am

It's all cause of John Fox!

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:58 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Two points about Tebow that I think are quite significant and have proven to be critical to Denver's success:

1. He doesn't turn the ball over. He has an 8:1 TD:INT ratio. That's outstanding. By means of comparison, Aaron Rodgers has a 8.25:1. I'm obviously not saying Tebow is as good as Rodgers but when it comes to protecting the ball, Tebow's performing at an elite level.

2. Since the Detroit game he's rarely been sacked.

Tebow still isn't completing a respectable percentage of passes but he's not putting his defense in difficult positions via turnovers or sacks. So in that respect, I agree with Old School that Tebow has helped impact the Broncos' defensive improvement. These are two great points. And the fact that Tebow has no one of significance at WR or TE, he has basically done this with a previously washed up RB and no one to throw to. He is 5-1 and without him, they wouldn't be.... Period. Sure he has been horrible at times and his defense has stepped it up.. but can anything be said for the fact that he is an inspiration to his teammates? Sure, the media has hyped him up and the other players on the team don't want to hear just about Tebow, but Tebow doesn't want to hear about himself either. He is the most selfless player on that field. Considering the antics of Suh and selfish acts like Stevie Johnson yesterday, Tebow can kneel as many times as he wants, as long as he keeps winning.

[ November 28, 2011, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]