Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:51 am

There is no denying that Tebow is doing a marvelous job of taking care of the ball. His TD:INT ratio is outstanding but nowhere near on the same level as Rodgers. Tebow has probably attempted fewer passes than any other QB over the past six games. This limits the amount of chances to both throw INT's and take sacks. I am much more impressed with his ability to take big hits while running the ball and not cough it up. You know the defenders are looking to put a big hit on him every chance they get.

I am on record in this thread given praise to Tebow on his leadership ability and how he was able to get his teammates to rally around him. McGahee was running the ball effectively while Orton was under center and Decker had a few big games during that same stretch. But it seems that all players have raised their level of play. Von Miller is an absolute beast on the defensive side of the ball and is completely terrorizing opposing QB's.

There is a big thing in sports called Momentum and right now, the Mo is completely on Denver's side. It will be interesting to see how long they can ride it.
Go Big Red!

Coltsfan

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 am

Since the only thing my Colts can win this year is the rights to Andrew Luck, this whole Tebow/Denver thing gives me something to cheer for each week. There is nothing in the NFL right now more exciting than watching Tebow play. It's like you know something good is going to happen at the end of the day and you can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 am

I actually think the fact Tebow's INT ratio is so low despite his clear flaws throwing the ball is extremely impressive. For a guy who doesn't throw the ball very effectively he doesn't throw it recklessly. That's a very impressive attribute in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I actually think the fact Tebow's INT ratio is so low despite his clear flaws throwing the ball is extremely impressive. For a guy who doesn't throw the ball very effectively he doesn't throw it recklessly. That's a very impressive attribute in my opinion. So much that when he misses, he misses so badly that the defender doesn't even have a shot at it.

Seriously, I'm glad you mentioned that about Rodgers. Given the amount that Green Bay throws and some of the windows AR throws it into, his TD:Int ratio is just unreal.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I actually think the fact Tebow's INT ratio is so low despite his clear flaws throwing the ball is extremely impressive. For a guy who doesn't throw the ball very effectively he doesn't throw it recklessly. That's a very impressive attribute in my opinion. So much that when he misses, he misses so badly that the defender doesn't even have a shot at it. [/QUOTE]

That certainly can't be ruled out as a possibility. :D

And yeah, the season Rodgers is having is amazing on a number of levels, not the least of which is, like you said, there's no interest at all in running the ball. Rodgers is throwing it a ton but still not turning it over.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 am

Denver Broncos coach John Fox asked quarterback Tim Tebow to address the team the night before the Broncos game with the Chargers according to Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post.

Tebow's message to teammates was Proverbs 27:17: "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

The Broncos, however, have 100 percent faith that Tebow can lead them to the playoffs after a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that," Denver linebacker Von Miller said.

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," Miller said. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

Tebow, however, was stopped dead in his tracks when told his speech on game's eve had touched the hearts of teammates. "It was a huge honor," Tebow said of being given the opportunity. "I just tried to share from the heart."

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Denver Broncos coach John Fox asked quarterback Tim Tebow to address the team the night before the Broncos game with the Chargers according to Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post.

Tebow's message to teammates was Proverbs 27:17: "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

The Broncos, however, have 100 percent faith that Tebow can lead them to the playoffs after a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that," Denver linebacker Von Miller said.

"He said iron sharpens iron and men sharpen other men. And I think that's totally true," Miller said. "He gave us a great speech. We came out (for the game) fired up. And that was a wrap."

Tebow, however, was stopped dead in his tracks when told his speech on game's eve had touched the hearts of teammates. "It was a huge honor," Tebow said of being given the opportunity. "I just tried to share from the heart." Great post, thanks!

Diesel

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Diesel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Tim Tebow's 20-yard TD run was the longest game-winning TD run by a QB in the final minute of the 4th quarter in NFL history.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Tim Tebow's 20-yard TD run was the longest game-winning TD run by a QB in the final minute of the 4th quarter in NFL history. That may be true, but there have been longer runs by QB's to win overtime games. Mike Vick's 50 yard TD run against Minnesota propelling the Falcons to the Super Bowl comes to mind.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Diesel

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Diesel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:41 am

Nice stat Shrink. That was a huge run.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."