TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:06 pm

the haterz gotta admit, he looked better today passing the ball than he did earlier this year.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
the haterz gotta admit, he looked better today passing the ball than he did earlier this year. I Tweeted today that Tebow was winning the game by playing the quarterback position. I thought he looked very good throwing the ball today. The fact he put up big numbers throwing the ball without doing anything really on the ground (other than the two-point conversion) was very impressive.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

fflmaster

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by fflmaster » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 pm

How many more games sandman before you admit tebow deserves to be in the nfl?

So has anyone of the Tebow haters had a change of heart?
its nice to be the master

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Who said he didn't deserve to be in the NFL? My contention has always been that I wouldn't want him as a starting NFFC QB. I stand by that. But I do think his style of play won't last against good offenses and I'm not sure he'll continue to progress in his passing.

Yes, he has a high floor. So for those who built a team with WRs and RBs first and waited on a QB, I can see how he'd fit the bill. But IMO, with top QBs being so important in NFFC leagues, I prefer not to wait for the 11th or 12th best QB. But he's averaged 22 PPG over his 8 starts this season. That'd make him somewhere around the 11th or 12th QB. So I guess he's a starter - if 22 PPG floats your boat in an NFFC league.

That said, if I look closer at the QB stats, I have to admit, if you don't have Brees, Brady or Rodgers, then you didn't get a "top" QB with an early draft pick (Stafford and Newton didn't require a pick in the first 3 rounds). And once you get past them in the standings, you're in Eli territory - which is only 3 PPG better than Tebow and the entire mediocre cluster between them! :eek:

So I guess I stand corrected (so far ;) )... Tebow is playing right around the same level in NFFC scoring as a bunch of QBs clustered together around 8-12, which DOES make him worthy of starting. Kudos to those who desire to build a team around him.

But I still don't think I would because I just think he has worse days coming. I may be wrong on that too. But I'm pretty sure I'll try to stick with our strategy of early round QB picks, always aiming for a Brees, Rodgers and Brady types.

Good luck to those who have him in the playoffs. I'd still be nervous that he won't deliver big games like the top guys, but he won't kill you either. High ceiling or high floor? I know what I want in a QB. But I understand that others might be ok with him.

[ December 04, 2011, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

fflmaster

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by fflmaster » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:17 pm

I also will agree with you sand that QB play really is important in the NFFC.

I have always drafted my starting qb after the 6th round, but next year it looks like the idea of drafting a top qb is something I have to consider.

The top 3 QBs look like they all should be drafted in the first or second round next year. The difference in points is just too much to overcome.
its nice to be the master

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I'll tell ya what. If the Broncos make the playoffs, that kid has my MVP vote in the AFC

Eddiejag

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Originally posted by fflmaster:
I also will agree with you sand that QB play really is important in the NFFC.

I have always drafted my starting qb after the 6th round, but next year it looks like the idea of drafting a top qb is something I have to consider.

The top 3 QBs look like they all should be drafted in the first or second round next year. The difference in points is just too much to overcome. I also usally will get my qb after the 6th round but this year in one of our 2 classics in the third round pick 7 Brees and Brady where both still there.I can rember watching the clock tick down to 10 and just didnt know which one to grab still shocked that our draft plan just changed.We went Brees and what a gift and this team is in the top 10 overall and moving on to the big dance.In the other classic we went the other way and grabbed Rothlisberger in the 6th round but i took Cam as a backup in the 14th round which was a little high for him but he's turned this team around and this team is heading to the big dance.So point is the qb is very important in the nffc getting 6 a throw and you can get a qb a couple different way's.We got a little lucky especially with Brees.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!