League Prizes vs, Grand Prize

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:03 am

i, for one, am not "complaining" about the structure of the league because i am "out of it".

i am in first place in my league and in 11th overall. i am just here talking about ways to make this event grow into what i think it is capable of becoming. isn't that what a message board is for? i know sometimes message boards end up being used for name calling and pis*ing contests that are driven by ego. i am here talking about ways to make this grow and become better... we are just brainstorming.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:44 am

My two cents.

I specifically didn't enter the main NFFC event because I felt not enough of the money went into the league.

Instead I entered both the NFFC Auction and NFFC Master's drafts where all the prize money stayed in the league.

I am curious who makes so much money that a hundred grand isn't enough of a prize? If you doubled the number of leagues and put 70 percent of the prize money in the leagues ... I think more people would be interested. The 30% would also leave a little extra to bump up the other overall 2 - 10 prizes?

As far as competing with another contest ... I think quality of the experience is what will bring people back and get their friends involved next year and not a longshot chance at some larger figure of ... say $187,563.24 instead of the meager $100,000 that's offered now. If $100,000 doesn't excite you ... I doubt $200,000 will.

UTM
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:20 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
If you doubled the number of leagues and put 70 percent of the prize money in the leagues ... I think more people would be interested. The 30% would also leave a little extra to bump up the other overall 2 - 10 prizes? this post is probably close. can't forget the top 2-10. best of both worlds. i got a couple of other ideas once the season is over.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?