Response to E-mail about future of this league

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Guys, Greg, Tom,

I am open to option A or B.

MY PROBLEM is using the fanball website. Maybe I'm spoiled from the website we used for the NFBC, but fanball's website is slower, not to mention uglier. Anyone else tried to put in some faab bids?

Greg, is this how the website will be all year? Conditional bids look like they will be much more time consuming to make.

Rich

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
MY PROBLEM is using the fanball website. Maybe I'm spoiled from the website we used for the NFBC, but fanball's website is slower, not to mention uglier. Anyone else tried to put in some faab bids?

Greg, is this how the website will be all year? Conditional bids look like they will be much more time consuming to make.
no dog in this fight, but i'm concerned if they try to run the NFBC on fanball instead of STATS moving forward. free agent lists take long enough on sundays. if fanball's site was the equivalent of the FFPC's myfantasyleague.com, i wouldn't play baseball. that FAAB process is like a 3rd world country. barely usable for football. NO WAY FOR BASEBALL

[ October 29, 2009, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:

if fanball's site was the equivalent of the FFPC's myfantasyleague.com, i wouldn't play baseball.
[/QUOTE]Is this the first OFFICIAL, "I am not playing baseball" from Gekko this year??? C'mon, we aren't even out of the postseason yet!

In all seriousness, I see exactly where Mark is coming from on this one. I have heard from THREE different people now that Fanball's website is VERY inferior to STATS due to a multitude of reasons.

I truly hope that things get fixed VERY soon, or there are going to be a lot of upset people come baseball season. We pay a good chunk to STATS to run these leagues, and all in all, I think it runs well. Move to a "lesser" product while charging the same price, and the natives may get restless. :eek:

[ October 29, 2009, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Is this the first OFFICIAL, "I am not playing baseball" from Gekko this year??? C'mon, we aren't even out of the postseason yet!
oh no. i'm 100% in if STATS is the back-end provider!

much less certain if any other product is used. ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Is this the first OFFICIAL, "I am not playing baseball" from Gekko this year??? C'mon, we aren't even out of the postseason yet!

[/QUOTE]Honestly though, why would they (Fanball) use STATS, when they could use their own product?? :confused:

[ October 29, 2009, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Honestly though, why would they use STATS, when they could use their own product?? :confused: we are speculating quite a bit and hijacking this thread. let's table this discussion until we see what Greg and Co have in store on the baseball boards. sorry all

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:58 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]Honestly though, why would they (Fanball) use STATS, when they could use their own product?? :confused:
[/QUOTE]Because, based on my 2 days, using fanball's product for the NFBBC, it sucks. FAAB will take WAY too long in the NFBC if we use fanball's site, like GG said. Improvements will have to be made otherwise they'll be a lot of unhappy people and rightfully so.

[ October 29, 2009, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: rkulaski ]

Heels

Post by Heels » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I knew that there would NOT be a consensus of opinions on this matter, but I thought we could all find a middle ground on this. Now I'm not so sure we'll be able to do that. Some folks have made it known they will not continue if any changes are made and that is the option I've allowed them to make. Under those circumstances, it wouldn't be feasible to go forward with all five leagues and the overall prize pool.

Most of the responses have been for a little flexibility at G-F, but NOT AT CENTER. I've heard that enough and I understand why. I get that and honestly we have tried our best to make the center eligibility now as fair as possible. We can't mess with that.

So there are two options now, knowing that drafting over is just impossible with 60 different folks:

a) Keep everything the same. No changes to current format

b) 3-F, 3-G, 2-C, 4-Flex for starters each week

Let's see some feedback on these two options now and make a decision tomorrow. Thanks all. Of these options I vote B.

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Fellas, This has been disastrous from the git go & I don't see it getting any better soon. The fanball site is a struggle & is going to continue being a struggle. Before I came a few months ago I was already playing different games at the Fanball site and actually stopped playing there because of what I'll call "issues" and as I saw Fanball site could be potentially a part of baseball & football here, I thought "uh oh!" this is going to be a drastic change for what the guys are used to here! As far as this "hoops" I am in agreement with Purple Helments & Glenn. In football & baseball everything is top notch "SUPREME", but hoops was set up on short notice & all the data was not verified to be in "order" for a draft. When I signed up ( twice ) I thought this would meet my expectations of the NFFC & NFBC programs that I have witnessed the past few months but this isn't close. As much as I was looking forward to this, but seeing how things have gone so far I would have to vote for A or C. I don't have an interest in B.

[ October 29, 2009, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: WOODERSON ]

edgarprado

Post by edgarprado » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:27 am

I'm fine with Option B as long as the dual position eligibility is changed back and every player has the original eligibility that they were said to have. A is fine as well.

I personally would like to go back to using the cbssportline site because the live scoring and FAAB worked and we are all comfortable with the site. I just don't know if there is a way to retroactively get the stats.