Idea to stop deadbeat owners

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Felix,

If you can find 5 people in the NFFC community who don't think teams who quit and hand free wins to other teams hurt the integrity of the competition in a league that has a huge h2h component I would be shocked.

It isn't MY opinion. It is the overwhelming prevailing opinion.

Ask Tom and Greg what? They both have expressed that they do not like teams quitting and recognize it is a problem. They also (to my knowledge) don't think anything can be done about it. That does not mean we cannot discuss ideas does it? What specifically is "never going to be changed?" What did I ask to be changed? You are to the point of your message where you are not making up things I never said.

A colossal waste of time would be the time you have spent making arguments with no one here. What WAS actually said (imagine if someone actually addressed what really was said) is that it is WORTH DISCUSSING ideas among expert level fantasy football minds of ways to address this problem (that 98% of the fantasy football world agrees is a problem on some level) even if we can never fully eliminate the problem.

You seem to be against that discussion. Which begs one question.

Why are you in the thread?

[ November 10, 2011, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:00 am

Asking Tom and Greg whether they would ever implement something to fix this would save you a lot of breath.

You are overestimating who thinks its a serious problem and it's making you look angry and trite.

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 am

Don't worry, I'm outta here, your point is that you want to have a "discussion" but only with people who agree that it's a problem. message received, have fun.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:15 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Asking Tom and Greg whether they would ever implement something to fix this would save you a lot of breath.

You are overestimating who thinks its a serious problem and it's making you look angry and trite. i had this topic with you last year and really dont want to harp on it again but i agree with james here but the only bad thing about this is that there is not a way out. you will always have deadbeat owners who mess up a league. i agree points are the most import thing but to play a dead team and get an ez win to a team with low points and a good win lose record is brutal. it does take away the integrity of a league and could change the outcome of money won but there is not a way greg or tom can really do anything about this.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

Flex,

YOU look angry. I simply like talking about NFL football and fantasy football. I find it an interesting and worthy topic to discuss in a very mild, casual, informal, relaxed way. You are the one who swooped in and sounds angry about it.

Whether Tom and Greg will or will not do a thing about this issue isn't relevant at all to me. what I can guarantee you is if expert level fantasy football minds could come up with a sensible idea that could improve on this problem I guarantee Greg and Tom would consider it because their track record shows they will act if they think an idea will improve the quality of their product.

I think I have made it clear (I have typed it about 6 times) that I do not believe the problem can ever be totally solved or alleviated.

How about this flex. We will try this a different way.

May I and others, who may have interest in this topic, discuss fresh creative ideas to address the topic even if some of them are "throw out something against the wall in case it sticks" type ideas that often may not stick?

I am asking for your permission to discuss this with anyone who cares to discuss it. The funniest thing about it is I didn't even bring the topic up, and frankly don't have overly strong feelings about it. I just recognize it IS AN ISSUE and it comes up every year.

May we discuss it? Would you mind?

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:49 am

You may not.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:13 am

<renman hijacks another thread>

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 am

Originally posted by DoubleG:
<renman hijacks another thread> GG, the new MB should have a graemlin for that !

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by DoubleG:
<renman hijacks another thread> GG, the new MB should have a graemlin for that ! [/QUOTE]:D

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am

Double G,

Can you explain how I hi jacked the thread? Mind you, I ask this knowing full well you can't answer because we know I didn't.

It is an interesting, worthy topic to discuss. I recognize we are getting to that point in the fantasy season where many owners, often frustrated with their results, get a little punch drunk and it shows on the message board. It happens every year.