Results of NFFC Rules Survey

particra

Re: Results of NFFC Rules Survey

Post by particra » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm

The rules don't really matter to me. Just let me know what they are beforehand and I'll try to adjust accordingly.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:25 pm

particra wrote:The rules don't really matter to me. Just let me know what they are beforehand and I'll try to adjust accordingly.

pretty much the same for me. i'm not in love with the -2 for int's but will go along with the crowd. one thing is to get all the possible situations down as far as fumbles on returns and cover all bases with a rule set in stone. it might seem that sandman comes up with stuff that probably won't happen , but it sure could happen so all angles should be covered.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
particra wrote:The rules don't really matter to me. Just let me know what they are beforehand and I'll try to adjust accordingly.

pretty much the same for me. i'm not in love with the -2 for int's but will go along with the crowd. one thing is to get all the possible situations down as far as fumbles on returns and cover all bases with a rule set in stone. it might seem that sandman comes up with stuff that probably won't happen , but it sure could happen so all angles should be covered.
I agree Frankie that Mike's foresight on potential issues might help prevent some headaches for this contest down the road. I jokingly busted his balls a bit about overcomplicating :mrgreen: things at times, but that's just because his analytical and mathematical approach to this game has him playing at a calculus level, while my approach is more akin to trying to figure out why 2 + 2 = 3. Ummm..... :?

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 am

I wonder how many people see the FAAB process as a burden as compared to how many see it as a fun, enjoyable, and even exciting part of the NFFC...

I also understand a special teams score can be random and hard to predict. But there are many things about football and fantasy football that fit that category. The unpredictability of this entire thing is why we play. I just think there should be no situation where you are rooting against your own player. There should be no situation in a game where your player can get hurt on a play that in zero way can benefit the owner who started him.

Before someone says "hey, but what about if you have the Frank Gore and your opponent has Akers and you are up by 2 points and you need Gore to get stuffed at midfield on a 4th down play so the opposing team and kneel on the ball and end the game and stop Akers from kicking a FG that beats you." That is totally different as it is a logical and enjoyable part of the fantasy football contest.

Money

Post by Money » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 am

1. Leave FAAB the same. Check

2. Credit to special team scorer? Minimal impact, who cares. Check (although 51% is pretty close for a rule change)

3. -2 for turnovers. Check

All in all not a big deal in the scheme of things, although a change to FAAB would've been.

Now if we could only get the NFFC to see the light on points scored against your Defense when they're not on the field. 8-) Hmmmm
Joe

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Real quick on the -2 for a fumble by the kick returner. I think the should NOT be any points deducted for a fumble on a special teams play. Penalty points for a player should only occur on an offensive play. I had to look this up but it seems to be, correct me if I am wrong, on a two point conversion no statistics are kept for the play. The completion, catch, 2 yards rushing or passing, or even an interception do not make the box score. The player is awarded the 2 points and that is it. I would assume a fumble on a two point conversion does not show up in the box score.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Chi_Town_FEW wrote:Real quick on the -2 for a fumble by the kick returner. I think the should NOT be any points deducted for a fumble on a special teams play. Penalty points for a player should only occur on an offensive play. I had to look this up but it seems to be, correct me if I am wrong, on a two point conversion no statistics are kept for the play. The completion, catch, 2 yards rushing or passing, or even an interception do not make the box score. The player is awarded the 2 points and that is it. I would assume a fumble on a two point conversion does not show up in the box score.
I think that what is being proposed would mean that if your guy fumbles anytime then it's a negative points in the scoring. So all of the guys wanting return td's may end up with negative points instead of positive points. :o

And to the question posed earlier, I view FAAB as work. It's the least enjoyable part of fantasy football.

Wayne

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Coltsfan wrote:
Chi_Town_FEW wrote:Real quick on the -2 for a fumble by the kick returner. I think the should NOT be any points deducted for a fumble on a special teams play. Penalty points for a player should only occur on an offensive play. I had to look this up but it seems to be, correct me if I am wrong, on a two point conversion no statistics are kept for the play. The completion, catch, 2 yards rushing or passing, or even an interception do not make the box score. The player is awarded the 2 points and that is it. I would assume a fumble on a two point conversion does not show up in the box score.
I think that what is being proposed would mean that if your guy fumbles anytime then it's a negative points in the scoring. So all of the guys wanting return td's may end up with negative points instead of positive points. :o

And to the question posed earlier, I view FAAB as work. It's the least enjoyable part of fantasy football.

Wayne

I agree Wayne, I am just giving a point as to why the returner should not lose two points but receive the six if he scores a touchdown. Good luck these next two weeks.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Chi_Town_FEW wrote:I would assume a fumble on a two point conversion does not show up in the box score.
But a fumble on a kickoff or punt return does. :D

IMO, if you want the thrill of rooting for your player on special teams, then along with that has to come the anxiety of possible negative results. There shouldn't be a positive-only reward with no risk.

My 2 cents.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm

I've ran a home league for over a decade and I have it set where all turnovers are -2. Every scenario is accounted for. For example, a WR on an end around throws a pass that is intercepted. That goes as -2 for that player. The way I look at it, if they would be credited for a TD pass then they should have the risk of losing points for a turnover just like a QB.

I think the same should hold true for NFFC scoring next year for individual players on special teams. There needs to be a consequence for turning the ball over if there is a chance of rewarding the owner 6 points for a score.
Go Big Red!