SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

kjduke

Re: SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by kjduke » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Bump - Greg just want to make sure JJ Stratton sees the above post - the other new entrants are ok with the addendum.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 1 SPOT LEFT In NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Okay, Billy might have some travel problems in September to get to this draft on time, so he's opening this final spot for others who can definitely make it. So here we go again:

1 SPOT LEFT IN THE 2ND ANNUAL NFFC KICKOFF GRIDIRON LEAGUE!!

Here's the current signup list and if you have any questions on the format, contact me or KJ Duke:

NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League
Bellagio, Las Vegas
Thursday, Sept. 5th, 1 pm PT
1. Scott Stauffer
2. KJ Duke
3. Shawn Childs
4. Glenn Schroter
5. David Hubbard
6. Scott Keikoan
7. John Rozek
8. Mark Moyer
9. Michael Cole
10. Jules McLean
11. Jim Nicola
12. Jason Steeves
13. JJ Stratton
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 am

Is there a link with the rules or a thread where the rules are posted, I want to refer someone to it.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 am

RedRyder wrote:Is there a link with the rules or a thread where the rules are posted, I want to refer someone to it.
Yeah, we definitely need an official page for this contest. We've been going off the rules KJ proposed last year, but we definitely need a prize grid and a link to this contest. I'll get on that shortly.

Here's what KJ posted last year, but this year he is proposing a $1,000, not $500:

- draft champions format, $500 entry fee to regular prize pool, $500 entry fee to side pool
- Bidding real money for draft slots during first two rounds.
- top 3 season winners paid according to standard $500 satellite (2600/1000/500 if 12 teams, or 3100/1000/500 if 14 teams)
- side pool ($6,000) plus all draft slot bidding money gets paid out 100% over 16 weeks to weekly winners (I'd handle the side pool and mail winner checks each week).

SLOT BIDDING
Bidding for slots (real money) in the first two rounds will go into the private pool ($0 min, $10 increments). We'll auction off pick #1, the winner will sit down and pick his player, then we'll auction pick #2, he'll make his pick, and so on for the first 2 rounds of the draft. You can have only one pick per round. Starting in round 3, it will become like a normal 3RR snake draft (backend starts round 3). Your round 2 slot at the table is where you'll stay for the rest of the draft.

The entire private pool is paid out incrementally to each week's high scoring team. It's like a skins game in golf. If we have a 12-team league there will be $6,000 in the private pool to begin, plus all bid amounts. If, for example, all slot bidding totals $4,000 the total private pool would be $10,000, which means each week the high scorer would get a check for $625 (10,000/16).

Register for the league and pay NFFC $500 for regular entry. Bring a check or cash to the draft for the private pool portion (or paypal). I'll collect private pool funds at the end of the draft and get everyone's mailing address. Weekly winners will be paid promptly as scores become official.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks for posting Greg!
@RedRyder

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:22 pm

We have one, and possibly two openings in this league. A lot of people think it's the best draft of the season between the bidding for slots, the weekly payouts, drafting in the monster suite and the high pct payback. There is only one league like it, and jumping in this year gives you first priority for a spot next season - almost everyone is back from year one.

If you can make it to Vegas by Thursday morning on opening night, take a look below and post here or PM me if you have any questions.

OVERVIEW
♦ Draft Champions format
♦ $1,000 entry fee to regular prize pool, $500 entry fee to side pool
♦ Sep 6, 1pm pacific time, Bellagio suite (prior to the NFL kickoff party)
♦ Bidding real money for draft slots during first two rounds.
♦ Top 3 season winners will be paid ($6500/3500/1500, based on 14 teams)
♦ Side pool ($7,000) plus all draft slot bidding money gets paid out 100% over 16 weeks to weekly winners

SLOT BIDDING
Bidding for slots (real money) in the first two rounds will go into the private pool ($0 min, $10 increments). We'll auction off pick #1, the winner will sit down and pick his player, then we'll auction pick #2, he'll make his pick, and so on for the first 2 rounds of the draft. You can have only one pick per round. Starting in round 3, it will become like a normal 3RR snake draft (backend starts round 3). Your round 2 slot at the table is where you'll stay for the rest of the draft.

The entire private pool is paid out incrementally to each week's high scoring team. It's like a skins game in golf. If we have a 14-team league there will be $7,000 in the private pool to begin, plus all bid amounts. Last season bidding totalled $5,400, so the side pool was $12,400, with a weekly high score payout (each week for NFL weeks 1-16) of $775. With a higher main prize pool this season, bidding is likely to go higher.

Register for the league and pay NFFC $1,000 for regular entry. Bring a check or cash to the draft for the private pool portion (or paypal). I'll collect private pool funds at the end of the draft, get everyone's mailing address and send checks out weekly.
Last edited by kjduke on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Current signup list:

NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League
Bellagio, Las Vegas
Thursday, Sept. 5th, 1 pm PT

1. Scott Stauffer
2. KJ Duke
3. Glenn Schroter
4. David Hubbard
5. Scott Keikoan
6. John Rozek
7. Mark Moyer
8. Michael Cole
9. Jules McLean
10. Jim Nicola
11. Jason Steeves
12. JJ Stratton
13. Shawn Childs
14. Rick Thomas
Last edited by kjduke on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 am

League is full now. Both Shawn and rick are in, post here to be first in line if someone drops out.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:31 am

kjduke wrote:League is full now. Both Shawn and rick are in, post here to be first in line if someone drops out.
Wow, NICE JOB ALL!! That's great news. Good job KJ, Shawn and Rick. This is going to be a BLAST in the suite!! I think I might have to make this one a go upstairs. I'm working on the early check-in time now!! Thanks all.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am

Just an update for all NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League owners that we WILL be hosting this league once again in the Executive Suite at the Bellagio. This is the same setup that we had last year. We actually have this room on Wednesday and Thursday and will host the Wednesday Primetime upstairs in this room as well. Since we already have the room for that draft, we'll easily be ready for Thursday's early afternoon Kickoff Gridiron.

We will provide food and drink during this draft and then we'll host the NFL Viewing Party in the Executive Suite for anyone who wants to stick around for that. We are charging $75 for the evening fun, but as you saw last year Dennis will be in charge of all the food and the bar will be heavily stocked again!! 8-) Fanduel will also be there with us and may have some swag for you folks to wear home!! ;) I'll start a separate thread for the NFL Viewing Party, but anyone who was there last year will admit that it was a great setting for 30 top players who just want to talk football and some folks even won some quarter squares to leave with more money than they came with!!! :D

Anyone, NFFC Kickoff Gridiron in the Executive Suite like last year and plenty of food and beverages during the festivities. Can't beat it.