Trendsetters 2013

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Trendsetters 2013

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 am

Hey, we'd love to talk about Rounds 7-11 tonight on SiriusXM when we have Billy on the show. Can someone email me the latest spreadsheet to [email protected]? Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks. I got a copy of it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

Roster through round 11 from the 8 slot:

QB: Peyton Manning
QB: Carson Palmer

RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Darren McFadden

WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Denarius Moore
WR: Sidney Rice

TE: Jermichael Finley

I was cautiously optimistic about this start until I realized I had drafted 3 Raiders in the first 11 picks....WTH?!?!?!?!

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 am

These are my picks for phase 2 rds 7-11 from the #1 spot.

7 TE Pettigrew Doubling up on TE's was always an option here. Although if Cecil Shorts if he were there for me and went 1 TE at that time.

8 TE Olsen I liked getting Olsen and Pettigrew here. I think they make a good duo. Last year in this league I had Witten and Daniel's last year and my second TE hit my scoring column a number of weeks.

9 WR Emanuel Sanders Almost took a RB here like Pierce or D.richardson. But I felt I was slightly weak at WR and they seemed to be running out. So I picked 2 good # 2 WR's here in Sanders and Roberts.

10 WR Andre Roberts I like both of these WR's here and think that they will go a long way in stabilizing my WR corps.

11 WR Brandon Lefell I have to hope that the panthers don't spend too much money in free agency on a WR. I like lefell and I figure that I'm not going to get another #1 WR to go with Vjax and Johnson. But I do have 3 good # 2's to go along with them and all of a sudden my wr corps look pretty good.

I like this team a lot. It is well rounded which I like that in a DC. Besides RB depth every other spot has me feeling pretty good. I am on the clock and picking first in a couple of weeks.
My team after 11 rd's.....

QB Eli manning,Dalton
RB Peterson,MJD
WR Vjax,Stevie Johnson,E sanders, A Roberts, B Lefell
TE Pettigrew, Olsen

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am

My picks during Phase II of the draft.

I went into the draft wanting to be RB heavy early, but the early selections dampened that strategy, though I'm still looking to have 5 RB's after Phase II if possible. I realize there will be some risk involved with any RB I select over the next few rounds, but I'm willing to take that chance. Looming free agency can make or break some of the early picks in this draft.

7.9 Cecil Shorts WR Jax (39th WR OTB)...I was looking at Shorts, Gordon, and TB MWilliams here. Williams probably would have been the safer pick, and Gordon has nice upside, but I like Shorts upside if they can get improved QB play in 2013. That's asking a lot out of Gabbert. Shorts' had some concussion problems, but he's supposedly passed that. In 14 games. he had 100+ targets, 55 Rec., 70 Yds/G, 17.8 Yds/Rec, 7 TD's. If they get any improvement from the QB position, these shouldn't be any worse and could be better.

8.6 Brandon Myers TE Oak (13th TE OTB)...Basically hoping for a repeat of last year. He's young enough, big enough, and finally got some attention last year from Palmer. He went 79/806/4 with 14 RZT. His numbers may be distorted a little because he blew up one game with 14/130/1. But I'll take that in a DC anytime.

9.9 Martellus Bennett TE NYG (16th TE OTB)...I feel there's a lot of uncertainty at TE this year (at least in February) once you get past the top four. The top four were gone by 3.8, and the next TE selection was two and a half rounds later. Bennett started off on fire last year, but as the NYG's fizzled, so did he. He still had 55/626/5, but most of that came early, especially the TD's. 89 targets and 16 RZT's are promising for TE's, so hopefully Eli will find him useful again this year.

10.6 Joique Bell RB Det (39th RB OTB)...We are always susceptible to bust picks in early drafts, and for some reason I just had to have this guy this year. As I previously stated, I was hoping for five RB's by the end of Phase II. I waited too long for Andre Brown, as he went a round earlier, so it came down to Bell, Bryce Brown or Bernard Pierce. I really want Pierce, but I felt like would be there for me in round 11, since most of the owners behind me already had three RB's. I like Brown, but he doesn't catch the ball and is very restricted with playing time as long as McCoy is healthy. Bell is a physical presence with 5.0 yds/ru att while catching 52 passes on 68 targets in 2012. He's currently in a good situation to put up decent numbers in 2013, BUT if the Lions sign Reggie Bush, this was probably a wasted pick.

11.9 Bernard Pierce RB Bal (44th RB OTB)...I couldn't take a chance and let him slide any further. I feel his presence is one of the reasons RRice was there for me at 1.6. Pierce's is the heir apparent and getting his chances to spell Rice frequently, even in the RZ, so it was necessary I handcuffed him. If Rice goes down for any period of time, it won't be necessary for the Ravens to pursue a quality back, Pierce can handle the load when called upon.

My team after Phase II (11 rds)

QB..TBrady NE

RB..RRice Bal
DWilson NYG
WMcGahee Den
JBell Det
BPierce Bal

WR..RCobb GB
MWallace PIT (Mia)
CShorts Jax

TE..BMyers Oak
MBennett NYG

We start up again March 15th with Phase III of the draft and do five more rounds which will put us through round 16. It is going to be a VERY interesting round 12. The NFL free agency period will be underway, the combine is over, and not to mention we already have a D/ST and PK OTB after eleven rounds. It will be fun to see the first few selections as we start up.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:58 am

are there any scoring changes in the NFFC this year? sorry i'm asking here, this thread has the most offseason action!

Pete

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Fellow trendsetters I will be kicking this draft off again friday morning around 3am. When you all wake up Jeff C will be on the clock!

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Getpaddled wrote:Better chance at 'Dola then Harvin imo

cheaper... its how NE rollz

NE doesn't roll that way. If they let Welker go and can't get a better player than Edelman then they will just draft a WR that fits their scheme (WR - Tavon Austin WV). Amendola will be more expensive and IMO not that much better than Edelman so to me it doesn't make much sense. BB will go after a player he likes if that player becomes available and he has loved Harvin for a long time

Guess we will agree to disagree on this one...
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 pm

We have completed "Phase III" of the draft. Historically, D/ST and PK start falling of the boards in any 14 team DC in the rounds 12-16. Knowing this, I had planned on taking a D/ST with my 12.6 pick then come back at 13.9 with a PK. My plan was to beat the rush for PKs because of the unpredictability of D/ST, plus the insecurity of PK jobs in the NFL (Remember, this is March). When it got to my pick at 12.6, there were already three PK's gone. "IF" there was a run on PK, and believe me, you never know in this group, I could be screwed at PK. I'm a firm believer in PK's in DCs, or maybe I should say, don't be left holding the bag. I took a PK in the next two rounds followed my first D/ST at 14.6.

12.6 MPrater PK Den (4th PK OTB)
13.9 GHartley PK NO (9th PK OTB)
14.6 Arizona D/ST (9th D/ST OTB)

The next two rounds I was looking at possibly rounding out my roster with a couple WRs. It was a struggle trying to figure out who I thought would/could give me some value.

15.9 AJeffrey WR Chi (62nd WR OTB)
16.6 BQuick WR StL (64th WR OTB)

Both of these guys are in their second year, coming off sub-par performances in their NFL debut. They both have the chance for upside with their respective teams. Jeffrey has the size and needs a healthy chance. Quick has the size and speed, hopefully he's adjusted after a year from AppSt.

My team after 16 rounds:

QB - TBrady (NE)

RB - RRice & BPierce (Bal)
WMcGahee - (Den)
DWilson - (NYG)
JBell - (Det)

WR - RCobb - (GB)
MWallace - (Mia)
CShorts - (Jax)
AJeffrey - (Chi)
BQuick - (StL)

TE - MBennett - (Chi)