Does Fanball own FFOC

Ted's Cracked Head

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 am

If you have questions for Ryan and are on FB, I have asked him to squelch the rumors surrounding the FFOC and define Fanballs involvement on one of his wall posts. Maybe that will answer all of the questions posted here and on some boards?

Rumors are bad for business and it is time to put this to bed.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Coltsfan » Sun May 02, 2010 11:52 am

I absolutely agree with Glenn and Rob on this. I was reading on another board earlier today and they were discussing one of the contests that went under. Somebody posted there that they hoped fanball made good on the free leagues that people won in the ffoc last year. He wasn't even slamming fanball - it was like he said it in a "matter of fact" type of manner.

It simply cannot be good for the fantasy football community to have this belief. Tom, I read your post and you were very clear that the NFFC had nothing to do with the ffoc. I do believe that. But by Ryan no addressing this it makes me believe that Fanball might.

If somebody was saying something about me that wasn't true I would be all over it and try to set the record straight. That's why I'm having a hard time understanding Ryan not addressing this head on and putting a stop to it.

I"m playing regardless this year as I trust both Tom and Greg. But I don't want to see the NFFC lose momentum and I'm afraid that's what will happen if it is left as is.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I absolutely agree with Glenn and Rob on this. I was reading on another board earlier today and they were discussing one of the contests that went under. Somebody posted there that they hoped fanball made good on the free leagues that people won in the ffoc last year. He wasn't even slamming fanball - it was like he said it in a "matter of fact" type of manner.

It simply cannot be good for the fantasy football community to have this belief. Tom, I read your post and you were very clear that the NFFC had nothing to do with the ffoc. I do believe that. But by Ryan no addressing this it makes me believe that Fanball might.

If somebody was saying something about me that wasn't true I would be all over it and try to set the record straight. That's why I'm having a hard time understanding Ryan not addressing this head on and putting a stop to it.

I"m playing regardless this year as I trust both Tom and Greg. But I don't want to see the NFFC lose momentum and I'm afraid that's what will happen if it is left as is.

Wayne Somebody said this "matter of fact" on the message boards somewhere? Wow. Then it must be true, right?

Okay, it doesn't matter what Tom or I say on this because someone will always doubt us on this subject. Honestly we're as far removed from this as anyone here so I suppose there's reason to doubt us. But we are heading to St. Louis tomorrow for NFFC meetings and to finalize the NFFC web site and will discuss this with Ryan and the group there. If someone can address this and the future of FFOC soon, we'll get it done. I'm more tired of this than anyone else. I'm just trying to unveil a great 2010 NFFC season and instead here we are again with this subject.

So let's close it. I'll ask that we do that.

Look for NFFC announcements this week. I'm ready to get the season on. And you are ready to put this to bed. Let's do both this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mikeybok

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mikeybok » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Wayne I agree.

If (big IF) one of the owners of the FFOC now owns the NFFC (through fanball) and the FFOC doesn't (didn't) meet all their obligations. That is a very direct and very real problem for the NFFC. I am purely an NFFC player. They got 95% of my 4K+ in entry fees last year and that should be true again this year. I don't know the truth, but it should be very easy to squelch this rummor if it is untrue.

I do trust Greg and Tom. But they are not the one's that are banking the contest. Unless they know (or learn) the specifics about this situation and can tell me there was no ownership cross over and Ryan (whoever he is) was not part of the ownership team of the FFOC, or unless they personally guarantee the prizes (which they should not have to do, nor am I asking for that). I will be very uncomfortable with my money going to Fanball this year. I just don't have the history with Fanball, and this rumor should be easy to squelch if it is not true.

Just my thoughts,

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mikeybok » Sun May 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Sorry Greg,

I was writing my last post while you were posting.

I agree with you too. Rumors are terrible and can cause a lot of harm. If you talk to Ryan and can say that neither Ryan (I assume he has an ownership stake in Fanball) or Fanball had any ownership interest in the FFOC, your word will be good enough for me.

Just sorry you need to address this if it is untrue.

Thanks, Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Coltsfan

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Coltsfan » Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Well said Mike.

Greg, I never said it was true. All I said was that if people are perceiving all of this to be true then it could hurt the contest. That's all.

Im in this year. I'm not even close to being on the fence. If Ryan feels like it's in the best interest of the contest to remain quiet then so be it. I was just trying to help.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Sorry Greg,

I was writing my last post while you were posting.

I agree with you too. Rumors are terrible and can cause a lot of harm. If you talk to Ryan and can say that neither Ryan (I assume he has an ownership stake in Fanball) or Fanball had any ownership interest in the FFOC, your word will be good enough for me.

Just sorry you need to address this if it is untrue.

Thanks, Mike No worries Big Mike. By the way, none of us have ownership in Fanball. Liberty Media owns Fanball. Ryan is a dedicated employee like yours truly, nothing more.

I hope the entire FFOC situation is resolved this week so we can all move on. Everyone has been paid by the FFOC who won cash prizes and if they return in 2010 then all of the free entries will be honored. That's what everyone is asking about and I hope it happens. In the meantime, I need to start unveiling 2010's NFFC plans so that Big Mike can try to win the national Draft Champions Championship!! :D Look for details soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Well said Mike.

Greg, I never said it was true. All I said was that if people are perceiving all of this to be true then it could hurt the contest. That's all.

Im in this year. I'm not even close to being on the fence. If Ryan feels like it's in the best interest of the contest to remain quiet then so be it. I was just trying to help.

Wayne I know what you were saying Wayne. I just talked with Ryan about this and hopefully he will address this situation and a lot more very soon. I think FFOC is discussing their plans for 2010 with Fanball now. And we're all flying to St. Louis this week to finalize all 2010 football plans and unveil the new NFFC web site. So look for everything this week and we'll move past this and all be on the same page soon. Thanks.