T.Brady dun for_YEAR?!!?!!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:20 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...really it was almost as if GG was happy to hear the news - this is simply VERY BAD sportsmanship ISHO...from a non-fantasy football perspective, brady's injury sucks.

from a fantasy football perspective, brady's injury sucks for brady-owners and is helpful to non-brady owners.

Reading comprehension my boy!

[ September 08, 2008, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:22 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by Yoda's S*x Slave:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I don't have brady on any teams and would never draft a qb in the first round. best are you!

most humble too

hang with go getta do you
all knowing are you two
[/QUOTE]Go crawl back in your swamp and eat a womprat or something. Stars Wars geek. Like I said post your team so we can see if you used the Force or not when you drafted. What league are you in?? What is your team name??
[/QUOTE]i know who he is. and he doesn't LOVE YOU

Not sure why he’s afraid to post his crap under his real MB name. guy must have some issues

[ September 08, 2008, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:48 am

I for one couldn't be happier to see Brady out of the picture.

Good Riddance!

F-Brady, and F-the Pats, they don't deserve my sympathy.

Football is a violent sport and these kind of injuries are common occurance every year. He still has a bright future in this sport and beyond.

In comparison to some other life altering injuries we have seen in the past, I honeslty see no cause for concern here. Except of course if he was to anchor your Fantasy team, which obviously would suck for you.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 am

News Flash

This was great news for the other 11 or 13 owners in every league.

You hate to win at the expense of another owner but injuries are a huge part of the game and when a high profile player goes down, most players are happy as they get a bump up the food chain while doing absolutely nothing.

The Brady or not to Brady question in the first round was one of my favorite this summer and it sucks more that we will not get an answer to that question than losing him in several teams.

As a Raider fan I agree with Doomsday in that this couldn't have happened to a better franchise but since I was leading the "Brady for President" movement....ouch more than a few times.

As far as Brady's future, I am not so sure. He has the ring, the MVP and Giselle/Jr - maybe just maybe Brady has reached his high water mark?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...really it was almost as if SNAKE was happy to post that guys roster - this is simply VERY BAD sportsmanship ISHO...The Serpent does NOT stop posting like a hypocrite, but it doesn't matter because as any true football fan will tell you this is SNAKE. Demeaning ANY owners roster is simply in VERY BAD form ISHO...SNAKE
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

JB

Post by JB » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:

As a Raider fan I agree with Doomsday in that this couldn't have happened to a better franchise but since I was leading the "Brady for President" movement....ouch more than a few times.

As far as Brady's future, I am not so sure. He has the ring, the MVP and Giselle/Jr - maybe just maybe Brady has reached his high water mark? This injury sounds like it could be Culpepper bad in that more ligaments than just the ACL are torn. Add in the fact that the Pats are getting real old and I think that in a year or two they'll be thinking more about rebuilding than winning championships.

I wish he could have at least waited till week 3 for this injury...I was kind of looking forward to the Favre/Brady matchup :(

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 am

Just what I was thinking JB.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:19 am

All I will say is if there was a gun to my head and I had to pick 1 star on 1 team to go down week 1...

After last year and my opinions of the gatriots and Belidick I do believe karma was a factor ;)

I do have Welker in the classic so that blows, but I also have Morris in the NBC and he could be a good flex...
2008 double playoffs!!

JB

Post by JB » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:
All I will say is if there was a gun to my head and I had to pick 1 star on 1 team to go down week 1...

After last year and my opinions of the gatriots and Belidick I do believe karma was a factor ;)

I do have Welker in the classic so that blows, but I also have Morris in the NBC and he could be a good flex... Maurice Morris (knee sprain) will not play in Seattle's Week 2 game against San Francisco, according to the Tacoma News Tribune.
Julius Jones will start and could see 20 touches. Justin Forsett will likely be up for backup duty along with T.J. Duckett. Seattle has shown no propensity for using Duckett as a short-yardage back, so Jones could see goal-line carries in a nice matchup. He looks like a strong flex and borderline RB2 play.

Looks like Karma just struck you!