Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

CoMoHusker

Re: Is Philip Rivers still the MVP?

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm not sure how being in a fantasy football starting lineup or not has any bearing on where a player sits in the MVP hunt. Big Ben is definitely in the discussion. Seems a lot of folks think that Luck is the front runner but it was Big Ben that outplayed Luck and destroyed what had been a pretty solid defense up to that point. Sure, you can make the point that an overwhelming majority of Ben's success has come in the past two incredible weeks. Still, the guy has only thrown three picks, is 2nd in the leauge in both yards and completion percentage, and is third in TD passes. He is also third in passer rating which cannot be discounted.

If I had to cast a vote today, it would look like this:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Luck
4. Murray
5. Big Ben
6. A. Brown

As you can see, I don't think Big Ben is the front runner but I'm not how he's not at least in the conversation.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm

I don't see Murray as an MVP. His talent is no where close to Peterson or Tomlinson. Let alone Barry or Thurman. Dude cant stay healthy and is ripe for injury. His career will soon be over. I will give credit to the Dallas line. RB MVP's show much more than what Murray has done. Reminds me of Okoye from KC if anything.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:26 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I don't see Murray as an MVP. His talent is no where close to Peterson or Tomlinson. Let alone Barry or Thurman. Dude cant stay healthy and is ripe for injury. His career will soon be over. I will give credit to the Dallas line. RB MVP's show much more than what Murray has done. Reminds me of Okoye from KC if anything.
Eight straight 100 yard games and over 1000 at the half way point. You're right, those aren't MVP numbers. Not to mention that he was the main reason that the Cowboys were off to such a great start. I'm not buying that a guy can't have an MVP season because he has a history of getting injured. Since when is the MVP award based on previous years? If Murray were to remain on his current pace and help his team reach the playoffs the. I'm not sure how he's not in the discussion at the end of the year. He doesn't need to stack up to AP, Barry, or Thurman for that to happen.
Go Big Red!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:44 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I don't see Murray as an MVP. His talent is no where close to Peterson or Tomlinson. Let alone Barry or Thurman. Dude cant stay healthy and is ripe for injury. His career will soon be over. I will give credit to the Dallas line. RB MVP's show much more than what Murray has done. Reminds me of Okoye from KC if anything.
Huh?